Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry guys, I haven't flown in a while as I had surgery and still recovering. The last time I flew my 600 though the tail was rock solid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update - I switched my heli from NEO to Futaba at IRCHA and made a whole bunch of tweaks to the tail so not really sure what one thing we did that made the difference but one thing stuck out to me was when one of the guys said that the tail push rod seemed to long. Given that the tail servo is not attached to the boom and cannot move, I felt the rod was in fact to long. The ends were turned all the way in and could not go in any further so I bought a new push rod and cut about a CM off and put on new ends.

This made a huge difference because now I could actually adjust the rod ends and add the proper 3 or so degrees of rudder to the tail. I went flying today and with some minor tweaks to the tail gain, it was rock solid with no wag.

FYI, I ended up selling my Futaba stuff and switched back to NEO. So, the solution, in my opinion to the tail kicking is the push rod is simply too long and needs 1/4" to 1 CM cut off and then you'll actually have some room for adjustments. My 600 flew awesome today!
Freeskiken likes this.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know the title says fixed but a friend gave me his new logo 550 that had a persistent wag to try to sort out. Pushrod was correct length, all assembled correctly, thrust bearing races the right way round. Everything was butter smooth when static but i noticed that if i pulled outward hard on the tail blades to simulate centrifugal force I got a binding when i tried to turn the grips.

So it turns out the problem is the shim between the outer radial bearing and the inner thrust bearing race. The shim is too thin so under load the inner race of radial rubs on the thrust bearing and makes it bind.

A thicker shim should fix it. I had some spare grips off my Tarot 600 and i just put them on, that did the trick. Tail was transformed, it's rock solid now.
Gob Kraken |Gob 700 BT 'T' | Gob 770 Comp | Gob 700 Speed | Trex 700X | SoXos Strike 7| Tarot 600| | XLPower 700 | Henseleit TDR & TDR2 | Kasama Dune | UK distributor for Tarot 550/600 helis - ScotiaRC.co.uk
Smoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 01:03 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
I know the title says fixed but a friend gave me his new logo 550 that had a persistent wag to try to sort out. Pushrod was correct length, all assembled correctly, thrust bearing races the right way round. Everything was butter smooth when static but i noticed that if i pulled outward hard on the tail blades to simulate centrifugal force I got a binding when i tried to turn the grips.

So it turns out the problem is the shim between the outer radial bearing and the inner thrust bearing race. The shim is too thin so under load the inner race of radial rubs on the thrust bearing and makes it bind.

A thicker shim should fix it. I had some spare grips off my Tarot 600 and i just put them on, that did the trick. Tail was transformed, it's rock solid now.
Would this be the same as idea?
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 01:43 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
Would this be the same as idea?
Maybe so, they could have used a narrower bearing and a thicker shim.
Gob Kraken |Gob 700 BT 'T' | Gob 770 Comp | Gob 700 Speed | Trex 700X | SoXos Strike 7| Tarot 600| | XLPower 700 | Henseleit TDR & TDR2 | Kasama Dune | UK distributor for Tarot 550/600 helis - ScotiaRC.co.uk
Old 11-17-2019, 02:36 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear this issue appears to have been resolved.
Ace Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Typical Mikado silence on the issue. And they changed the parts too apparently but still not a word.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 04:31 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dude View Post
Glad to hear this issue appears to have been resolved.
Based on my experience, the 100% sure fire fix is to throw the stock tail grips in the trash and drop in a pair of Tarot grips. Fortunately the Tarot grips are cheap, a pair of metal grips with bearings and shaft is about $15
Old 11-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
Based on my experience, the 100% sure fire fix is to throw the stock tail grips in the trash and drop in a pair of Tarot grips. Fortunately the Tarot grips are cheap, a pair of metal grips with bearings and shaft is about $15
I may have asked this before, I don't remember, but what tarot grips?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in