Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2019, 02:36 PM   #1121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Today is the day

After having power issues half of the summer I ordered two new packs suspecting the old ones at 270 cycles just had it. New packs arrived today with XT60 connectors fitted.

Today is the day I finally changed my 230s Night JST connectors to one XT60!

I know it is overkill, but it keeps all my batts uniform so works for me. Also my old packs now fly for 5min not 2:30-3min like before! Oh yeah

Old JST connectors started getting hot as I started to push the little bird to the limits, which brings me to ask a question - do the JST connectors wear out over time?
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2019, 07:48 PM   #1122 (permalink)
Registered Users

just think if you would have converted the jst connectors to xt60's in the Spring ! I don't know WHY , Blade even puts those jst connectors on stuff anymore ? Good man
Old 10-26-2019, 08:04 PM   #1123 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know if the connectors wear out, but I've seen the wires break at the connector.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2019, 04:08 PM   #1124 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the XT60 connectors but initially I took the JST connector off the ESC to fit the XT60. It was an almost new ESC that went wrong. HH would not touch it because I had modified it by fitting the new plug. I thought that was a bit hard on me as I had not touched the board itself. I bought a new ESC but then made a JST to XT60 adaptor lead. Its been fine because I never unplug the JST connector. My batteries seem to give 5:15 duration to land at 3.7v.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #1125 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew my new to me 230s today for the fist time. I did a couple trim flights to smooth it out. Then flew 5 batt s out at 5.5 minutes each. Really stable and great fun to fly. Much bigger than my nano cps.
Looking forward to many more flights.

Danny

Blade Nano CPS (300C), Blade 230s (300C) & (UH-1), MotionRC 450 UH1, Trex 550e, Taranis X9D+ with IRX4+
DannyR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2019, 04:50 AM   #1126 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is great. I love flying it.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2019, 08:26 AM   #1127 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went out yesterday and fortunately towards the end of my last pack I was doing some rolls when a dog bone link popped off the swash. Hit TH and the rotors stopped but the heli landed heavily on its skis and broke one. These bits are getting expensive here in the UK now but bought two to have a spare. As for the swash I think the four ball joints are worn out now, one of the few parts I've worn out rather than broken, so a new one of them ordered too.
fiddle likes this.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #1128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Allan114, have you thought about a cnc swash with metal balls ? I run one on both of my 230's
Old 11-03-2019, 11:32 AM   #1129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
Allan114, have you thought about a cnc swash with metal balls ? I run one on both of my 230's
I have, and if it had been my other blinged out 230 I would have gone cnc but this heli is all stock except for a knitting needle tail boom. Of the two I find the stock one the best flyer - typical though!!
Old 11-03-2019, 01:34 PM   #1130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It was an almost new ESC that went wrong. HH would not touch it because I had modified it by fitting the new plug.
Now, realy? I have modded all of my 230S (and even 130S) to XT30. This is plenty of size for the current they drain.
I have sent two esc for repair to HH, (In Germany, thats my Location...) and they didnīt mind. Both were replaced, no Issues.

Batterys of the size fitting 130S and 230S often are equipped with XT30, so You do not have to change Plugs.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:28 AM   #1131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fox View Post
Now, realy? I have modded all of my 230S (and even 130S) to XT30. This is plenty of size for the current they drain.
I have sent two esc for repair to HH, (In Germany, thats my Location...) and they didnīt mind. Both were replaced, no Issues.

Batterys of the size fitting 130S and 230S often are equipped with XT30, so You do not have to change Plugs.
Yes my new batteries had XT60 connectors and that is why I modded the ESC. To be honest I have not had problems with the JST connectors but thought the larger connectors were better. I had a lot of trouble getting a response from HH Germany as they also cover the UK now, but they returned the ESC to me un-repaired with a letter saying it had been modified. I admit this was in a transition phase when the HH support capability in the UK was closing down but I now feel I don't have HH support anymore.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:36 AM   #1132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, thats sad! I fell very well served. Whenever i have an issue, i mail to HH. Mr Thomas Bundt, the Service Team Leader, allways replies to my request in one or two days. I allways tell honestly what i modded and he never refused to check, repace or repair. I have changed main rotor to three-blade, four-blade and five-blade, changed tail to Fenestron and NOTAR System, even mounted different ESC and Tail Motor. Not to mention any wireing or connectors. (Just click below at my Album to see what changes i made). They never refused to serve me.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #1133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Next time I have a problem that I think HH can help with I will email Mr Bundt directly and see if I get a good response. Fortunately I find the 230s very reliable. I now fly mine as factory stock on the DXe Tx with stock settings and its absolutely fine. My blinging days are over.
The_Fox likes this.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:31 PM   #1134 (permalink)
Registered Users

agree, keep it simple
Old 11-27-2019, 11:46 AM   #1135 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it would stop raining I might be able to fly!!!! Two days solid rain and no wind - a real pain.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:02 AM   #1136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had a sport flight up in the mountains today, it was windy, probably about 10-15 MPH off-and-on gusts, the 230s v2 does very well with moderate wind, it didn't affect me much at all. The green Microheli canopy and green blades were easy to track. I didn't do any 3D because it was a steep area, not a flat field, the heli would have been difficult to retrieve if I crashed... No reason to risk it.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:54 AM   #1137 (permalink)
Registered Users

How did you get up there? Hike? Bicycle? drive? Curious for some reason
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 12-03-2019, 06:59 AM   #1138 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been out flying this week quite a bit as the weather has finally broken from constant rain. We now have the bright sun and no wind so ideal flying weather. In total my V1 has been in the air for just under two hours this week but today I noticed that I was getting some vibration. It turned out to be a slightly bent mainshaft. This is strange as I have not crashed the heli or hit the rotors against anything. The vibration developed over the last three or four flights so I am assuming the mainsaft might have been bent through centrifugal force from some imballance with the blades. They are very old blades but seem to work ok..I've bent the shaft back straight and it was bent at the flats for the aluminium collar grub screw. It straightened with a very light tap. I'm going to get new blades and a shaft. Has anyone else had this happen with a heli.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:16 AM   #1139 (permalink)
Registered Users

no ... I've not had that happen. I thought those shafts were pretty strong such that it takes a pretty hard hit to bend them ... but maybe not?
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 12-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #1140 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had B400 main shafts bend because of hard blade strikes but never one bend on a heli just from things being out of balance.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in