Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > OpenTX Radios

OpenTX Radios OpenTX Radios Discussion and Support Forum

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2016, 06:36 AM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRCode View Post
Here it is. I added a screenshot of the CF page for the people that don't want to download it.
Hey how are you guys changing these EEPROM.txt files back to a file the taranis reads?
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users

ArchmageAU, Thank you for this guide. I'm building a trex 470lp using the microbeast plus fbl controler and I'm ready to start setting up the servos. I'm trying to build a model for it off of this guide. For the timer and some other functions you say to select a custom switch, cst? I think. I'm using open tx 2.2.1. I don't have a listing for custom switches under the switches menu. Did they change something or did I miss something.
Thanks
SchooBaka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2018, 01:00 AM   #263 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchooBaka View Post
ArchmageAU, Thank you for this guide. I'm building a trex 470lp using the microbeast plus fbl controler and I'm ready to start setting up the servos. I'm trying to build a model for it off of this guide. For the timer and some other functions you say to select a custom switch, cst? I think. I'm using open tx 2.2.1. I don't have a listing for custom switches under the switches menu. Did they change something or did I miss something.
Thanks
OpenTX 2.2 custom switches are now logical switches (L## or LS##).

OpenTX 2.2 has 64 logical switches. OpenTX 2.1 had only 32.

Process is still pretty much the same.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:42 PM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

That explains it, Thank You.
SchooBaka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2018, 08:32 PM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried using the .eepe file you have in the OP as well as doing your setup guide and I cannot get my heli to work right with my Taranis. I have a X7S (that plus the age of the OP would probably explain why your .eepe file didn't work correctly) and am trying to get my K110 to work with it. I can't get the controls working on the right channels. Have asked around but thought this might also be a good place to check.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
Beginners Taranis programming guide for RC helis.

Hope this helps people.
Superhero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2018, 02:23 AM   #266 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero View Post
I tried using the .eepe file you have in the OP as well as doing your setup guide and I cannot get my heli to work right with my Taranis. I have a X7S (that plus the age of the OP would probably explain why your .eepe file didn't work correctly) and am trying to get my K110 to work with it. I can't get the controls working on the right channels. Have asked around but thought this might also be a good place to check.

Thanks!
I need to spend some time revising the guide for OpenTX 2.2.

Probably need to make a super-simple setup, then and intermediate, then an advanced (with all bells and whistles).

A simple setup is:
- Use a standard model
- Add a hold switch to the throttle input
- Add a curve to the throttle input
- Explain how to set DR/expo on Ail, Ele and Rud inputs.
- Add a gyro input (and set to a specific value)
- Add a collective input with a curve
- Add a straight mix for the gyro input
- Add a straight mix for the collective input
- Add a logical switch for a timer based on throttle
- Set the timer based on the throttle switch
- Set a special function to max volume when timer running
- Set a special function to set volume to S1 when timer not running

I've added an X7 Basic Heli eepe (took me maybe 5 mins to create in companion 2.2.1). Should load directly into companion 2.2.1.
Attached Files
File Type: eepe Basic-Heli.eepe (678 Bytes, 82 views)
Old 04-27-2018, 03:38 AM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply!

I never got a notification that you'd made the file. Thank you for that!

I was able to get ahold of another very nice .eepe and got it to load no problem. From there I basically took it all apart and put it back together while watching the effects it had on my model, and voila, it all clicked and made sense. I am now absolutely bonkers over OpenTX and can't imagine having to use anything else.

Quote:

Probably need to make a super-simple setup, then and intermediate, then an advanced (with all bells and whistles).

A simple setup is:
- Use a standard model

I've added an X7 Basic Heli eepe (took me maybe 5 mins to create in companion 2.2.1). Should load directly into companion 2.2.1.
Superhero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

A simple setup is:
- Use a standard model

Thanks for this, I'm just moving over to a QX7 from a Spektrum DX7 and trying to get my head around it.

Did you get anywhere with this updated guide please? I've read 2 or 3 different how-to type threads plus the OpenTx University bits, but a lot of them are now slightly out of date (for a 2.2.2 user) or seem to do things in different ways (e.g. Throttle Hold).

I always find it easier to start from a known working model and tweak it to see what changes rather than starting from scratch so this eepe will be very helpful.

I'm aiming to create a set-up similar to how the DX7 works (e.g. curves for Collective and Throttle - all 3 Idle Up, and one for Throttle Hold.
So for example
Throttle Hold TC = -5 (or -110 in QX7)
Idle Up1 PC = -100, 0, +100, TC = flat 70 - but keep TC as a "curve" and assign this to Flight mode 1
Idle Up2 PC = -100, 0, +100, TC = flat 75 - but keep TC as a "curve" and assign this to Flight mode 2
Idle Up3 PC = -100, 0, +100, TC = flat 80 - but keep TC as a "curve" and assign this to Flight mode 3

Is this possible in OpenTx, or am I stuck in Spektrum world...

Cheers,
Mike.

Last edited by Mikej; 09-12-2018 at 06:01 PM..
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2018, 03:39 PM   #269 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default OpenTX heli page noob question

Why do we need the OpenTX heli page?

Most fly 120 type swash, and if with flybar, a simple mix would work as well??

I have set up a 2.2.2 model, comparing the CYC1,2,3 outputs to some simple mix lines. There are differences in the extremes, aiming at preventing clipping I think. You can download it here, including the descriptions.

Anyone knows what EXACTLY goes on for the CYC1,2,3 determination??

Really confused.
L shems is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2018, 07:55 AM   #270 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by L shems View Post

I have set up a 2.2.2 model, comparing the CYC1,2,3 outputs to some simple mix lines. There are differences in the extremes, aiming at preventing clipping I think. You can download it here, including the descriptions.

Really confused.
CYC1, 2 and 3 are for CCPM mixes. They mix Ail, Ele and Collective into servo signals based on percentage mixes and swash type.

Inputs are the raw, Ail, Ele and Collective. Assign these on the heli page along with the swash type (120, 120X, or 135) and use CYC1, CYC2 and CYC3 in the mixes tab to allow the TX to do the CCPM mapping.

Put the percentages in correct (long, lat and collective) and there will be no clipping.

Makes setting up something like a Blade4503D or an old Align FBL unit (that used CCPM120) very simple on OpenTX radios.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rube Goldberg CCPM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L shems View Post

Really confused.
I'm sorry, but that model in your download is the most complex convoluted nightmare I've ever seen! (I've attached a PDF printout of this model so that others can easily take a look at it.)

I mean seriously - 9 Flight modes, 22 Input lines, 19 Channels, 53 Mix lines, 14 Curves, 4 Global variables, 15 Logical switches and 19 Special functions?!!!

Do you really expect anyone to take this seriously?

You may be right that CCPM mixing could be accomplished solely in the MIXER stage, but you'll need to boil your example down to its bare bones essentials before I'll take a look at it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ishems_X9D_Heli-2018-12-15.pdf (190.9 KB, 59 views)
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #272 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge-runner View Post
I mean seriously - 9 Flight modes, 22 Input lines, 19 Channels, 53 Mix lines, 14 Curves, 4 Global variables, 15 Logical switches and 19 Special functions?!!!

Do you really expect anyone to take this seriously?

You may be right that CCPM mixing could be accomplished solely in the MIXER stage, but you'll need to boil your example down to its bare bones essentials before I'll take a look at it.
Will try build one soon (ie. A basic model - instead of an all bells and whistles model).

Unfortunately heli's are not my major focus at the moment. (But I still fly RC weekly).

I consider a basic model should have:
- 4 flight modes (hold, normal, IU1, IU2). Changes throttle/pitch and optionally gyro.
- Throttle based timer.
- 2 DR/expo modes (single switch changes sensitivity of ail/ele and rud).
- Simple rescue switch.
- Voice alerts (and max volume when not in hold / pot based volume when in hold).

(This matches what you get on something like a Spektrum DX9)

CCPM would just be minor variant on this.

Intermediate model would add throttle cut (extra safety flight mode, also used for internal combustion - eg Nitro).

All bells and whistles model has a lot more automation (calibration modes, separate gyro control from flight mode, throttle adjust on rescue, throttle cut (different to throttle hold), auto-bailout for non-auto-bailout ESC's, etc...). A lot of these functions are difficult, if not impossible, on non OpenTX systems.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:59 PM   #273 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question What the ????????

"I'm sorry, but that model in your download is the most complex convoluted nightmare I've ever seen! (I've attached a PDF printout of this model so that others can easily take a look at it.)

I mean seriously - 9 Flight modes, 22 Input lines, 19 Channels, 53 Mix lines, 14 Curves, 4 Global variables, 15 Logical switches and 19 Special functions?!!! I'm sorry, but that model in your download is the most complex convoluted nightmare I've ever seen!"

Yes - complexity for complexity sake!
Old 05-05-2019, 10:36 PM   #274 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default IRX4 plus 230s

Does anyone know how to set up a panic button on the Taranis, for heli set-up using the IRX plus module, and DSMX?
Can the DSMX panic button be programmed on the taranis when using a module?
NateFly73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 06:06 PM   #275 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateFly73 View Post
Does anyone know how to set up a panic button on the Taranis, for heli set-up using the IRX plus module, and DSMX?
IRX modules do remap the lower 4 channels, but I am pretty sure channels 5 and on are passed through.

The TAER channel map used for Spektrum is programmed as AETR for the IRangeX. The IRangeX remaps the TX channels as they are transmitted. I found this out on a NanoQX.

On the 200SRX, Panic is channel 6 and needs to go from 0 to +100 to enable.

On the 230S, Panic is channel 7 and needs to go from +100 to -100. (Also stabilisation is channel 5 with (+100 = stability, 0 = intermediate, -100 = Agility)

(This are from trying to interpret the Blade manuals, I have neither of these models).

Hope this helps.
John-Steed likes this.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:21 PM   #276 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
... On the 230S, Panic is channel 7 and needs to go from +100 to -100. (Also stabilisation is channel 5 with (+100 = stability, 0 = intermediate, -100 = Agility) ...
+1

I fly my 230S-V2 with an IRX4 module in my Taranis running OTX 2.2.3, and all the above recommendations are spot on.

You also need to reverse the AIL CH1 and RUD CH4.

I also set the travel limits on all channels to +/-80% in the OUTPUTs menu (but you may not need to do this - I have an older IRX4 but I think the the newer modules come with updated firmware that automatically limits the output travels.)

Note that RESCUE can also be activated by assigning a switch to drive the gyro CH5 to +120% (or possibly +150% if yours has the newer firmware) via a SPECIAL FUNCTION:

"Override CH5 +120"
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019, 09:29 PM   #277 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateFly73 View Post
IRX modules do remap the lower 4 channels, but I am pretty sure channels 5 and on are passed through.

The TAER channel map used for Spektrum is programmed as AETR for the IRangeX. The IRangeX remaps the TX channels as they are transmitted. I found this out on a NanoQX.

On the 200SRX, Panic is channel 6 and needs to go from 0 to +100 to enable.

On the 230S, Panic is channel 7 and needs to go from +100 to -100. (Also stabilisation is channel 5 with (+100 = stability, 0 = intermediate, -100 = Agility)

(This are from trying to interpret the Blade manuals, I have neither of these models).

Hope this helps.
Yes I’m got to try it this week makes sense

Last edited by ArchmageAU; 05-14-2019 at 02:38 AM..
NateFly73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2019, 08:05 PM   #278 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can someone please tell me the proper setup for a basic 4 channel fixed pitch like the helimax AXE 100FP? I thought I had it working with my Taranis QX7 using the Irangex 4 multimodule. However, I did not program anything except the basic 4 channels Is there something I should be setting under helicopter settings to make this more responsive when trying to control it? it seems like it takes too long for it to move in the directions I'm trying to go. Almost like slow motion. The servos seem to move quickly when stationary, but in flight, it's like I have to hold it forward for a few seconds before it will move to the full pitch. It's essentially unflyable this way other than basic subtle flying. For a 4 channel FP micro, what is suggested for settings in general? (Tx brand aside, just in general, what might I be missing?) I posted on another thread but getting no responses. Not sure where to post that I would likely get help.
bpjacobsen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #279 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a specific tutorial for X-Lite programming or must I refer to Taranis one?

Last edited by Ignatjev; 08-16-2019 at 02:01 AM..
Ignatjev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2019, 05:51 AM   #280 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Not Ch 3, 4 & 6 output from Ail/ele stick

I posted this on Openrcforums a few days ago but suspect the ccpm heli expertise is a bit thin there. Hoping for some response here.

"My brain is frazzled so I hope for a bit of advice on this subject.

I am using a Taranis X9D+ was running OpenTx 2.1.9 (now 2.2.4) with applicable Companion for Windows.

I'm transferring my helicopter flying from my old Futaba T9C and I have successfully generated a program on Companion/Tx for my Sceadu 50 Evo helicopter with conventional cyclic control. I now wish to generate a program via Companion/Tx for my other Sceadu 50 Evo which has a ccpm swash and flybar, therefore need ccpm mixing in the transmitter.

I like to use templates generated by others as the best way into complex programming so when I found a thread on HeliFreak, ( https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=598718 ) near the beginning I found templates for ccpm programs which I have downloaded, read into Companion and worked on to provide a fairly straightforward listing. On reviewing the servo outputs I find that waggling the right hand stick is ineffective in moving any of channels 3, 4 and 6 from their current positions although they do move in response to the LH, throttle stick. I think that original eepe listing was generated for an earlier version of OpenTx but is converted appropriately by Companion on reading it in. So 2 questions:

- where am I going wrong?
- should I update to OpenTx 2.2.4 . . . done yesterday, no difference.

I think I do not want to go to 2.3.x as I'm using a lot of V8/7R type receivers.

Advice appreciated, maybe link to more appropriate template .eepe. ? Thanks
."

My .eepe file is now .otx.

I see no method for me to attach the file here. If any helper would like to look at it, PM me your email and I will send it that way.

Thanks very much, Jerry
Scram is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in