Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2019, 04:53 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi,
Yes, for Jetcat I think that might work, but for Xicoy FADEC, it's different sequential start.
As per manual, to start yo have to learn it first by trim up stick low (idle), trim up stick up (full throttle) and trim low stick low (shut down).
The issue here was, how to use motor switch, when "OFF" means shut down, "IDLE" means Idle, and "RUN"/"BANK 1" as bank 1.
FADEC have to learn those position and also stick position.
But after playing with it fo a while, I can finally figure it out.
Using macrocell...
These are the steps that I made :
1. On Cell no. 4, CH4, as an output throtle to ECU (phisically). Connect CH4 on NEO to Throttle on the FADEC.
2. I create Multiplexer on cell 27, with Select (input) is from motor switch, input low is also motor switch, Input center is Cell 28, and input high is cell 29
3.Create in cell 28 type Curve, here I give the lowest value -94. How I can get to this number?I plug hand data terminal to monitor output freq, shoud be around 1000Ás. Maybe it's different from one user to another while maintaining the rest of the curve default.
4. Create Cell 29, type fixed. Here is to use bank. Bank 1 might be 50, bank 2 65 and bank 3 is 80
5. All of those conditions then wrapped up on cell 4, channel type, with input is from cell 27.
After creating those cell, I confirm to FADEC to make sure that my setting is correct and voila, I can start and fly my wren 744 turbine.
This is my version, maybe I am wrong in one way. Welcome if you have any input.
Thank you.
kumoro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2019, 01:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That will work as well, but the simpler solution would have been to follow what RV suggests. Your Xicoy fadec uses the same sequence for throttle/start control.
Old hand at Planks
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2019, 03:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been using that too, but the ECU won't go into "Ready" state. The lowest position of motor switch and throttle gives 975us in HDT, while to get to "Ready" needs output around 1000us. That's why I asked how to give value to the switch since vbar is unique, unlike other Tx that can be programmed easily.
In short, "Motor off" needs around 975us, "Motor idle" needs around 1000us. In "Motor Off" state, every movement of the throttle should make same output, 975us, while in "Motor Idle" throttle should output 1000us in the lowest position and 2000us at the top. Very tricky...
After watching the videos, I can see that vbc is superior. So wide applications that we can use, that I never think of before.
Next step is to include electronic switch, so I don't need to unplug the battery to get to fly again after shutdown sequence ends.
New project that is very interesting to me..
Old 11-25-2019, 07:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you activate external governor for your heli setup, then you can set the “throw” for MOTOR switch on OFF, IDLE, RUN. Look again on how Rainer did it.

The way you used the MCs is that MOTOR switch seems to be bypassed as any movement of “throttle” stick in MOTOR off position should NOT result in an output to motor. DANGEROUS...
Old hand at Planks
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2019, 12:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
The way you used the MCs is that MOTOR switch seems to be bypassed as any movement of “throttle” stick in MOTOR off position should NOT result in an output to motor. DANGEROUS...
Is it what its mean to be?when in motor off position, any movement of the stick should not do anything to motor?by the way, when you put switch to motor off position, the motor (here turbine) is in off condition. The turbinw won't do any start sequence at all. The start sequence begins when you flip the motor switch to motor idle position.
I don't change anything in MC of motor off switch, since it already output 975us. I leave it that way.
If I can recall that on cell 27, I create multiplexer, which input is from motor switch. Input low is from motor switch (lowest position).
So, to be resumed, any movement of "throttle” stick in MOTOR off position should NOT result in an output to motor..as it should be..
Old 11-25-2019, 12:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=Vinger;7925477]

According to the manual from my PHT3-3 it needs 3 Positions:
Motor off (0% Throttle) - Idle (50% Throttle) - Rune (100% Throttle)

Also According to the manual i have chosen a startup sequence where we need:
Off - Idle - Run (Turbine start initialized) - Idle (Automatic Startup) for getting it into Idle

Startup now in my case:

- Turn Model on in "off", wait for Inits
- Toggle to "Run" for a second (otherwise the Idle in next step won't be engaged by NEO)
- Toggle to "Idle" for a second
- Toggle to "Run" for a second (turbine motor turns to confirm)
- Toggle to "Idle" unless ECU has finished startup sequence (See LED at ECU connector board or JetCat LCU Position lights)
- Toggle to "Run" wait for spoolup (See LED at ECU connector board or JetCat LCU ACL tail light)
/QUOTE]

I think this is the difference between Jetcat ECU and FADEC ECU
FADEC :
Off = Stick Low motor off
Start = motor idle, throttle stick down-up-down
You can immediately flip the switch from motor off to idle without waiting for inits.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in