Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Fusion 270

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By TomazB
  • 3 Post By PilotPin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2019, 07:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Thinking about getting one

I've been doing a lot of reading on this model and really thinking about getting one. Still not sure if I would keep the stock FBL unit or put a Neo on it. Not sure what the tail specs are to input in the Neo if I go that way.

The only reason I would even think about using a Neo is the reports of the tip overs.

I'm not a fan of green on ANY of my helicopters but I did see there are a few options.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2019, 08:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's one of my favorite daily flyers. I bought a second ARF when they were on clearance to have a backup.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2019, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Are the tip overs a pilot or fbl issue?

I've had the 230s V1 and really liked it. In fact I was looking at getting another one cause of the price. After doing some research on the 270 fusion I'm torn.

Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2019, 08:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine didn't come with the FBL or servos. I put a black Spirit in my ARF and have had zero issues. Some have had to play with PID gains in the BNF. Mostly is has been decreasing D gain. They clearanced the ARF version for only $129.99.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm always late to the party. There is one for sale and its pending, again late to the party.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love mine and surprised they arent more popular. Tip overs are partly due to the sensitive fbl unit. I havent had issues (stock bnf) but can see it happening. Make sure to do the servo saver mod as it may help save a servo if a tip over does occur. Take off into the wind. Plug it in and wait for it to fully initialize on a flat surface then put the canopy on. I take off of a rubber mat, not sure if it helps absorb some of the vibes or vibration

Last edited by rcuser; 11-26-2019 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: Added the word mod
rcuser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2019, 03:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love mine too. Its also with stock FBL. There was tip over tendency on first attempt, but after dialing the heli mechanically, i never had to think of it again. Its a very tough bird mechanically speaking, like shafts, swash, rotor head and whole frame is build to take alot of abuse. But Spektrum h3050 servos are junk honestly. I have Emax metal gear installed now and they take severe crashes like nothing happened. And that is for the 1/4 of the price of spektrum ones. So yeah original servos durability is the only downside for me.
But as far as stock FBL there is none that can compare in price (with bailot function). And i love the simplicity of the setup it offers, f.i. if i notice a little wag in flight just land and takes me half a minute to adjust FBL setup through transmitter and its back in the air. Just awesome.
jasond1979 likes this.
TomazB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

After getting mine flying, the so called tip overs are a non issue. not sure what is causing them - blades not properly seating is a possibility as the gear stance is rather narrow. the 3050s are fine in the air but cannot take a hit as the gear train is weak. HH does have replacement gears for about half the price of the servo, but if you are concerned about crashing, they are probably not a good choice.
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2019, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, a buddy of mine gave me a very nice deal on his mini comet...that I could not turn down. I'll still keep an eye out for a used fusion.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been looking at this heli myself. Just wondering what batteries everyone is useing and what's available. Horizon doesn't have any battery listed for it.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotPin View Post
Been looking at this heli myself. Just wondering what batteries everyone is useing and what's available. Horizon doesn't have any battery listed for it.
I've been using the Hoovo 4S 1500's and Ovonic 4S 1300's off Amazon. So far good IR's and no puffing. Approx. 50 cycles on them. I get up to 8 mins of old man flying on them with a bit left over.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use Tattu 1300 mAh - no problems with them so far. If you don't plan to do crazy 3D then you may want to go with a 1500 mAh pack. It is easier to get the CG correct and you get a little more flight time.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Couldn't resist anymore. Put a order in for the 270 and a couple of batteries. Should have it in a few days .
Brick, BrokeDad and Psycho_dad like this.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 270 Fusion is the heli I fly the most

Take some time to fine tune everything and you will love this little bee on steroids

In case you ran into any issue(s) , leave a comment and I will try to help you as much as I can

Psycho dad's Youtube Channel
Psycho dad's Instagram
Psycho_dad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2020, 06:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excellent - you'll love it!
Be sure to follow the recommended settings from the manual. Especially for normal mode, and takeoff only in normal mode - this greatly reduces any chance of having tipping issues.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have mine flying really Nice now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in