Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Fuselage Forum

Fuselage Forum Fuselage Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Roban helicopters

What’s the word on the street about Roban helicopters. I’m looking at a ec 135 to build this winter. I come from a Vario background but looking for something a little easier for a change.
XxXSkysurferXxX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 01:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

google the issue with the fenstron. It seems like it is a hit or miss... but mostly a miss....

Klem
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2019, 03:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a clip from my review I posted a week or so back:

"Because a kit is labelled, “expert builder“ doesn’t give Roban a pass on an outdated, horribly written assembly manual that appears to be a copy from a copy from a copy with a mix match of pictures from clearly different models.

Even the online assembly manual is suspect in its clarity This is not what one should expect from a $1800+ kit.

Second, some of the hardware sent is wrong.

If you have never built or can not assemble a boom and Pod Heli, you should steer way clear of this model. I suspect all Roban’s kits have this lack of detail in the instructions using “expert assembly“ as an excuse.

Am I being over critical? Let's see.

1. Wrong hardware sent to mount front struts(landing gear) to airframe.
2. Nav lights positions (sides) in manual are wrong.
3. Motor mount block not updated to accept a 4 bolt pattern (25mm)
4. Ball links sent with the kit are way to sloppy to use on a 5mm ball. So I have to search for that and purchase.
5. "pre-assembled" tail rotor output shaft bevel gear needed shimmed.(it appeared a poor attempt was made)

At this point, the only thing I'm willing to say positive is the packaging is excellent.

NOW, with all that said, I have purchased 3 other Roban kits since this purchase. Would I have purchased them if I had known how poorly this kit was packaged together? No."
howars01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2019, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I got the fuse last week. I’m very impressed with the fuse and mechanics. It looks like most of the other complaints where addressed in the new version. My only complaint is the decals are unusable. Lots of red bleed through. I ordered a set from tailor made in Europe to fix this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	815D6711-BCC1-447C-9BBB-6666E7026149_1575144661360.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	828875  
Old 12-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Don’t buy the Roban Ec 135 the fenerstron is crap. I got a 320oz servo on the tail and it still can’t move the bell crank when running. Motion rc says there nothing wrong with there product and blames it on the user. I’ve owned and built the Vario Ec 135 with a fenny. So I know how they should operate. Chinese Junk!
Old 12-15-2019, 09:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXSkysurferXxX View Post
Don’t buy the Roban Ec 135 the fenerstron is crap. I got a 320oz servo on the tail and it still can’t move the bell crank when running. Motion rc says there nothing wrong with there product and blames it on the user. I’ve owned and built the Vario Ec 135 with a fenny. So I know how they should operate. Chinese Junk!
Take a look at this thread for some troubleshooting options. Unfortunately problems with their Fenestron seems to be fairly common: https://www.scalerchelis.com/phpBB2/...estron#p221906.
700 AH-1W Super Cobra, MH-60 Blackhawk
EnstromPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in