Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Goblin 280

Goblin 280 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 280 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MicroBeast Plus on havok?

Hi All,
Just getting back into the hobby after a pretty large time out of it. Im looking at the Fireball Havok as i have a bunch of good 6S packs aredy.
My question is what FC to go with?
I was thinking about the Micro Beast Plus, i like the bailout feature as i will be relearning some 3D. I also see the Neo is popular, but the rescue mode is extra cash? Ill be using FrSky>Sbus reviever so i assume both of these can deal with that no issue? Whichever one gives the least tail headaches suits me fine

Any help greatly appreciated!
DJI F450 Naza/GPS/EZOSD
neilius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

there are tail issues with the little 280 no matter what fbl you use..
to get the most out of the neo, you really need the vcontrol tx to.
the ikon2/brain2 is nice.. free rescue.
do some research on the 280 before pulling the pin on it.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=820853
Old 12-24-2019, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The fireball can have some tail issues as tony has pointed out but I wouldn't let that discourage you, it can be hit and miss, I had problems with mine but I also bought 2nd hand and believe I inherited someone else's problem. I think buying new will give you a better chance to get it mechanically spot on straight out of the box. With that said I am going to get a new havok sometime within the next few months hopefully because I just love how it flies.

The oxy 3 will be what others will more likely suggest and I wouldn't disagree with them. If your heart is set on the fireball then I say go for it. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to how helis fly and I loved flying my fireball over the O3 even with the wag. I plan to rebuild my current fireball sometime soon as well as getting the havok, why? see above reason.

As far as a bailout function with fbl, don't rule out Spirit fbl, the rescue on that has worked flawlessly everytime for me and trust me I have tested it a lot lol. Ikon/Brain also has rescue but I can't comment personally of it but I have read people having bizarre occurrences of it.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Interesting, thanks for the reply gentlemen.

The other i was considering was the comet mini, does that suffer the same issues or better tail performance for the carbon fuselage?

The reason i liked the havok deal was it has everything (except FC) plus some nice alu upgrades for the same price as the comet mini without 4 servos.

If its worth the extra ill go the comet route more likely.

Oxy looks great, but the goblin looks are drawing me in... so shallow i know
DJI F450 Naza/GPS/EZOSD
neilius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2019, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilius View Post
Interesting, thanks for the reply gentlemen.

The other i was considering was the comet mini, does that suffer the same issues or better tail performance for the carbon fuselage?

The reason i liked the havok deal was it has everything (except FC) plus some nice alu upgrades for the same price as the comet mini without 4 servos.

If its worth the extra ill go the comet route more likely.

Oxy looks great, but the goblin looks are drawing me in... so shallow i know
Mini comet and fireball share the same tail mechanics, so probably not worth it. Not sure if the fuse makes any difference or not. I would go the havok. I know what you mean about looks, I suffer the same problem lol. People will say its silly, but each to their own and enjoy the hobby how you want I say.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in