Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR


Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2019, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 310
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Default bobble during stops

Ive just moved from align servos to BK 7002's and the slight bobble i had before is much worse during tic tocs and hard stops.

Its a goblin black thunder sport, vbar neo, 2150 HS.

Are you guys doing the optimizer flight?, as this is something i've never done on the neo, or are you just sticking to altering values manually?
exiged is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-30-2019, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Default

I do optimizer flight and do all banks in one flight.

While optimizer is on do tic tocs until you notice there is clear difference. This happens after about 10 tic tocs on my heli and suddenly they just become less wobbly and stops are more crisp. I then switch to next bank and do them again and initially they are very wobbly till very clear change happens and they become crisp then i land and turn optimizer off.

You can make note of values next to optimizer checkbox and when you land you will see they changed.

Any changes to head ie rpm, blades, dampeners and you will have to redo optimizer but works like a charm.
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2019, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Default

It optimizer doesn't work, then see my suggestion on this thread post 4
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=847371
__________________
Chris
RappyTappy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2019, 05:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 310
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippie13 View Post
I do optimizer flight and do all banks in one flight.

While optimizer is on do tic tocs until you notice there is clear difference. This happens after about 10 tic tocs on my heli and suddenly they just become less wobbly and stops are more crisp. I then switch to next bank and do them again and initially they are very wobbly till very clear change happens and they become crisp then i land and turn optimizer off.

You can make note of values next to optimizer checkbox and when you land you will see they changed.

Any changes to head ie rpm, blades, dampeners and you will have to redo optimizer but works like a charm.
Thanks ill give that a try
exiged is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2019, 05:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 310
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RappyTappy View Post
It optimizer doesn't work, then see my suggestion on this thread post 4
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=847371
Thanks for the link, i cant remember if i put the shims in originally but will keep that in mind.
__________________
Goblin BT700 havok (red)
exiged is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2019, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Default

Let me know, curious to see if this works well for larger helis. I've been trying to tune this out for quite a while, tried different blades, servos, different gyro mounts, everything. It was the silver bullet for my X3.
__________________
Chris
RappyTappy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2020, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 310
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RappyTappy View Post
Let me know, curious to see if this works well for larger helis. I've been trying to tune this out for quite a while, tried different blades, servos, different gyro mounts, everything. It was the silver bullet for my X3.
Will do, the weathers tripe at the moment so im keeping an eye out for the next available day give these a go. Did you grind down the brass washer that sits either side of the centre hub, or the actual damper itself?
exiged is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2020, 06:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Default

No, I left the dampers alone. The X3 has a special washer with a CnC'd lip on it. I ground the lip off and replaced it with a thinner washer to contact the blade grips inner bearing race.

It is the 5x9x1.1 washer as shown below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200102-154223.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	833727  
__________________
Chris
RappyTappy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 310
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RappyTappy View Post
No, I left the dampers alone. The X3 has a special washer with a CnC'd lip on it. I ground the lip off and replaced it with a thinner washer to contact the blade grips inner bearing race.

It is the 5x9x1.1 washer as shown below.
cool. There's a 1mm washer either side of the centre hub on the goblin, i can replace that for a 0.2mm washer if required.
exiged is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1