Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Johnny31297

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2017, 06:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Neo tail gain @95

Dialling in my new logo 700....which BTW is my first logo and is awesome. Im using a vcontrol, neo, stock tail blades and a BLS274SV servo at 7.2V using tribunus 200A bec. Had to turn up my overall gain up to 95 to lock it in. Also had to turn up my CW stop gain to about 40 and it is still a bit soft. Also had to give pitch slider a 1200 grit polish as it wasnt smooth and ca'd the washer in the tail grip whivh has been mentioned a few times. These gain values seem a bit high. Any comments / suggestions.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
RSeeG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2017, 07:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can't say much without knowing the tail servo ball mounting radius as well as utilized tail pitch angles.
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2017, 03:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry... tail servo ball is 17.5mm from centre and tail pitch is 22 degrees one way and 44 degrees the other.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

There you go, that's a bit far in for a Futaba servo and a bit limited on the left side! I'm at 21mm with my BLS256, which gives me good resolution while enabling me to use the full tail pitch range.

Make sure to use the full travel of the tail pitch slider as well, you should be able to get 45/35.

I'd recommend maximizing the range first, if that doesn't give you the desired result or simply isn't possible geometrically, move out on the servo arm one hole.

Hope this helps!
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 12:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dang thats high. Ive never been able to run my tail gain on my neos past about 60 to 67. Always have the soft cw tail stops. I turn my acceleration up to 65 and my stop gain to 40 for the soft cw piro side. My logo 700 with xpert r2 servo and a kst x20 servo only allowed me to run very low values or i got a nasty fast wag and a nasty slow bobbing wag. Im more like 60 tail gain/ 65 p gain/ 50 i gain.
dbirds2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2017, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the replies. Changed the radius on the servo arm from 17.5 to 22mm and increased the throws to max i.e. 45/35 degrees as suggested... thanks Jonas! Still running a gain of 90 and CW stop gain of 40. CW stops are still a bit soft. These settings still seem high? I think I am going to try different tail blades and work on getting the slider to run completely freely. The only other thing I can think of is that the neo could be faulty. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

kinda seems to me that lots of folks have the clockwise piros with a soft stop or bounce. Ive got it on 2 different helis and I cannot tune it out. Ive tried everything. I never did like the vbar tail behavior. Other than the tail I love the vbar and how it behaves, except the tail which is a pain in my ass to get perfect. nothing I do changes the behavior at all, still a lousy clockwise stop.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

A bit more tuning and I have ended up with a tail gain of 85, acceleration of 60 and CW stop gain of 40. Performance is ok with these settings so I am just going to leave them and fly for a while. Thanks for the replies.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey bro for what its worth. I finally got my tail stops evenly in both directions with a sharp crispy stop. Nothing i did helped until today. Today i went back to default settings, oltimizer on and i moved my pitch slider. Normally it says a little against the torque, so closer towards tail boom., so thats what ive always done. Today i moved it opposite direction, tad past dead center 0 degrees towards the right, away from the boom and man it sure makes a hugs difference. Before my clockwise piros were soft and bouncy, with no snappy sound on stops. Today i can actually tune and see little changes. I was able to tune my clockwise piros to make a violent snappy stop or to make it soft n bouncy. So its snappy and even in both directions. Hope this helps possibly. Cheers
Old 12-16-2019, 03:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbirds2 View Post
Hey bro for what its worth. I finally got my tail stops evenly in both directions with a sharp crispy stop. Nothing i did helped until today. Today i went back to default settings, oltimizer on and i moved my pitch slider. Normally it says a little against the torque, so closer towards tail boom., so thats what ive always done. Today i moved it opposite direction, tad past dead center 0 degrees towards the right, away from the boom and man it sure makes a hugs difference. Before my clockwise piros were soft and bouncy, with no snappy sound on stops. Today i can actually tune and see little changes. I was able to tune my clockwise piros to make a violent snappy stop or to make it soft n bouncy. So its snappy and even in both directions. Hope this helps possibly. Cheers
I have always heard that the slider should have even throw on both sides. I too have soft stops when doing CW piro. I will give this a try. Cant hurt
Trex 700L NEO / Mikado Logo 600SX Vbar 6.0/ Trex 470LM NEO, Oxy 2 CC Talon 25 NEO, 450 pro vbar 6.0pro/ Trex 700n DFC OS105HZR, Velocity50 Vbar 6.0pro -Oxy 5 NEO-/Trex 600efl PRO (Night Flyer) vbar/CC HV80 ......ALL VBAR CONTROL
Stevin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2020, 01:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here....I've always heard the travel should be even, but I have soft CW stops as well that I can't tune out.

Have you been able to try that yet Stevin to see if it helps? Right now it's -41C here,so I won't be flying the Logo700 again for a few months!

Thanks,
KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in