Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > X3

X3 Discussion and support for the Gaui X3

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witemamba View Post
This the lite model. Attachment 838175
Exactly, the Edge LITE version does not have the green heat sink, many X3 owners use the lite and I have never seen an issue. If memory serves I believe JC zankl uses a 50 lite on his X3 with no issues, and he flies his X3 pretty darn hard.
akamullen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2020, 06:56 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
I used the Talon60...same price and fits perfectly

Elsewhere on HeliFreak there are substantiated peak amp draws over 70a from a 360-380 machine...the Talon60 won't even breathe hard at that peak level

Unfortunately, the Talon 60 doesn't support the telemetry I want if I use the Brain2. It won't output current mA levels and thus I can't get mA consumed. I was ready to go with this ESC but then found out about this little nagging issue.

I can't understand why Castle would not provide that.
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2020, 07:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I can't understand why Castle would not provide that.
I think the EDGE series does support what you're looking for? I believe you would need a telemetry link (made by castle), but the talon series are very limited in logging(does not have logging at all), and does not have batt mah telemetry, as far as I know this is why they are a little less expensive. The EDGE, and EDGE LITE series should have all the telemetry options. I found this info sheet over at castle that might help. Castle T link
akamullen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2020, 08:52 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup. The Edge should provide what I want. MSH published a nice telemetry description document showing what ESCs publish and they support:

https://updatebrain.mshbrain.com/sof..._telemetry.pdf

(See the middle of page 2, which is the 3rd page of the PDF)

I'm pretty confident the Edge lite will do what I need.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:58 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witemamba View Post
This the lite model. Attachment 838175
Did you remove the heatsink?
was it easy to do? mine is a bit bulky with the heatsink
BillFromPerth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2020, 01:02 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamullen View Post
Exactly, the Edge LITE version does not have the green heat sink, many X3 owners use the lite and I have never seen an issue. If memory serves I believe JC zankl uses a 50 lite on his X3 with no issues, and he flies his X3 pretty darn hard.
So how do I remove the heatsink?
mine is the lite and it has the heatsink attached must be an option on if you want to remove it just cant see how to remove it without damaging the esc
Old 01-23-2020, 09:05 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don’t remove the heat sink! All electronics create heat, and that is an integral part of the design to get rid of that heat. If you remove it, you will almost certainly fry the ESC!

Are you sure you have the Lite version? Look at the pictures in this thread. The picture you posted earlier was NOT the Lite version. Both versions have a heat sink, the Lite just doesn’t have a case.
Number likes this.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2020, 12:15 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Donít remove the heat sink! All electronics create heat, and that is an integral part of the design to get rid of that heat. If you remove it, you will almost certainly fry the ESC!

Are you sure you have the Lite version? Look at the pictures in this thread. The picture you posted earlier was NOT the Lite version. Both versions have a heat sink, the Lite just doesnít have a case.
I purchased online brand new as a lite so possibly they have sent the wrong 1
can I remove the case ?
Old 01-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFromPerth View Post
I purchased online brand new as a lite so possibly they have sent the wrong 1 can I remove the case ?
I wouldn’t. They use a temperature conductive glue/paste to thermally connect the heat sink to the circuitry in the ESC. As far as I know, the case and heat sink aren’t separable. I haven’t ever taken one apart, so I can’t say for sure! ( If you’re determined to take it apart, I would send a message to Atomic Skull, who knows way more about this kind of stuff than I do. He can give you better advice.)

I would contact the vendor you bought it from, if you think they sent you the wrong version, and see if you can exchange it.

Additionally, you may be able to fit the standard “non-lite” version by cutting off the screw tabs on each side. You won’t be able to exchange it if you do this, so make sure it will fit first!
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2020, 11:29 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
I wouldnít. They use a temperature conductive glue/paste to thermally connect the heat sink to the circuitry in the ESC. As far as I know, the case and heat sink arenít separable. I havenít ever taken one apart, so I canít say for sure! ( If youíre determined to take it apart, I would send a message to Atomic Skull, who knows way more about this kind of stuff than I do. He can give you better advice.)

I would contact the vendor you bought it from, if you think they sent you the wrong version, and see if you can exchange it.

Additionally, you may be able to fit the standard ďnon-liteĒ version by cutting off the screw tabs on each side. You wonít be able to exchange it if you do this, so make sure it will fit first!

Its already fitted and setup in the heli its just a bit bulky for the canopy to fit properly Ill have a look see if I can remove the case without removing the heatsink
Old 02-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Making progress with the X3L build. I'm alternating between the X3 and X3L manuals (plus the little sheet that came with the extended tail boom). Other than having to run out to Home Depot to buy a set of snap ring pliers, everything seems to be going pretty well.

I did just run into an important question though. I want to run tail boom supports rather than the tail fuselage for my X3L. However, I JUST noticed that the little hole in the X3 frame where you're supposed to screw the tail boom support rods into doesn't exist in the X3L frames.

Am I supposed to drill new holes in the frame? There's another hole near just above that one that doesn't seem to be used for anything that I can see just yet. Should I use that?
Old 02-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay! Well, it looks like that from this thread:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=736972

that I should just use slightly longer screws to attach the tail boom support shaft to the rear metal block that holds the landing skids on.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:58 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anybody flying with the upgraded spindle shaft using M3 screws?

Main Rotor Head Spindle x2pcs(for X3L 2Blades) | TSH GAUI

I also see that they make a bearing upgrade kit for it:

X3 Main Blade Grips Parts Upgrade Pack | TSH GAUI

Any thoughts on these?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in