Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Fusion 270

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2020, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fusion 270 with Spektrum FC6250HX

This is my second Fbl controller setup, my first was a Demon Axon.

I am binding it to a DX9 Black with latest firmware 2.05 I just did it yesterday.
Mounted SRLX2 telemetry rx on right side of frame pointed up, and Fbl fit right where the stock one was in the very same pin orentation as stock rx. Very easy to just swap all the plugs right over, everything remaind the same.
The forward programming was really very easy just as easy as the demon setup wizard probably easier.
That's all I have to compare it to so yeah...for what that's worth lol.

I was going to go and do a test flight but it started snowing here in Utah. I'm very pleased so far with how smooth install has been. I am hoping this Fbl is going to be what I need to get rid of the unstable take off's.
FullShred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2020, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here is the Fbl and RX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200124_112547646_1579890563929.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	838443  
Old 01-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll be interested in the result. I know mine flies great with a Spirit FBL and EMax cyclic servos.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2020, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

FullShred: you had unstable takeoffs with Demon's Axon?
TomazB is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2020, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

No I installed it on a Goblin 380, I haven't flown it yet because its so nice lol.
I also cant get the HW60a ESC to arm the throttle that would be an additional reason I haven't flown it. Thing is the Fusion 270 with the new fbl
cost more than the goblin...
Old 01-25-2020, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had trouble getting the HW 60A V4 in one of my Oxy 3's to arm (or calibrate) until I adjusted the endpoints in the FBL software. This was a Spirit FBL though. Sometimes I think getting the ESC working right is part luck and magic .. lol.

And before anyone says anything .. yes I know a 60A ESC in an Oxy 3 is overkill.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2020, 09:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

For everyone's information Horizon has the setup videos up..

Spektrum 6250HX Flybarless Controller Setup Series - Part 2 - Install and Binding (11 min 17 sec)
Old 01-26-2020, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have a spirit in mine and it comes off the ground without too much excitement. with the 636 I figured I could keep buying blades and tail parts or upgrade the fbl.
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2020, 06:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok i finally got a second to fly it with the new fbl. I still have some tweaking to do, however it did lift off without any funny business and landed without
event as wll nice an smooth and level.
I have a slight tail wag and i need to adjust the collective ARF i didn't have enough pitch, it lifted off at about 60- 65% throttle/collective in normal flight mode.
My F270 is setup as per the manual exept the Dx9 Gyro settings are all at
75% as per the FC6250HX manual.
Not sure if this is anything to do with the lack of Collective pitch range, im sure someone here understands all that stuff better than i do.
my plan is to just keep tweaking until i get the result im looking for, like i said before this is my second time with an actual fbl setup so i have lots to learn.
Ill keep posting as i get more flight time on this new fbl system.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, in any of the modes, (normal, or the IUs) the stick should be zero pitch at 50%. the 270 has zero pitch indicators on the blade grips. look at the pitch curve menu in normal, and with the left stick in the middle and the collective at 50%, the indicators on the grips should line up. also your throttle "curve" should be a straight diagonal line in normal from 0 to 100% on the screen. that's your starting point. there's a good chance that everything is where it should be but your headspeed is low and it's taking more pitch to lift off. it will become a bit more lively when you get into IU 1 and gain some headspeed. have fun...
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2020, 04:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah it's pretty normal to lift-off at 65% collective in normal mode which has only 45% tc.
TomazB is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I looked at the throttle curve, manual had me set it at 45% linear curve in normal mode. That would explain why it felt the way it did.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in