Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dfthorp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 250cfx esc

Can any one tell me for sure (the powers that be don't know or won't acknowledge), but is the 250 esc (BLH4484) and the 230 esc (BLH1517) the same apart from the battery connectors. Some sellers are using the BLH1517 as a replacement part.

Chris
crsorrell0653 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only difference is the connector and the length of the wires that go to the receiver. You can use the 230 esc in the 250 but the wire has to be lengthened or the esc moved to the back of the frame.
Rotater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

HH sent me this email yesterday, which really isn't very definitive, more conjecture

The motors in the Blade 230s and the 250 CFX are different, so there would be some difference between the 2 ESC. The 250 has a higher KV rating, and weighs a bit more than the 230, so I would not recommend using its esc for fear that the 250 would overwhelm the smaller and cause the aircraft to fail.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I am going to have to call on that. I have been using the 230 ESC on my 250 for about 6 months without any problems and before that I used the same ESC in my 230 with a 250 motor in it. ESC's are sized by current draw, Kv has nothing to do with it.
Rotater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I suspected that was the truth all along. So thanks for confirming. I managed to pick up the original BLH4484 for $39 from RC Planet in the end, which is the same price as the cheapest 230 esc I could find.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have blown 2 ESC in my 250 in several months. Ready to upgrade.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know the specs on the E Flite ESC ?
dfthorp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2017, 12:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I burned out an esc after 130 flights. I did have about 7 or 8 crashes. 2 of those were pretty bad ones. Before the esc went out I noticed the the tail motor was getting really hot and finally burnt up. Replaced it but the new motor wouldn't work till I replaced the esc. Again, my tail motor is running hotter than normal. I hope I'm not due for a new esc anytime soon.
heinz9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heinz9. I'm having a hard time finding info to replace the stock EFlite esc. Was thinking of calling my dude at amain tomorrow and asking him if they have any specs on some of the less expensive hobby wing esc.

Let you know what I find out.
jasond1979 likes this.
dfthorp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2020, 12:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz9 View Post
I burned out an esc after 130 flights. I did have about 7 or 8 crashes. 2 of those were pretty bad ones. Before the esc went out I noticed the the tail motor was getting really hot and finally burnt up. Replaced it but the new motor wouldn't work till I replaced the esc. Again, my tail motor is running hotter than normal. I hope I'm not due for a new esc anytime soon.
How in the heck did you get this many flights and only have to replace the esc once? Everyone else is having to replace at least three by this many flights. Wish there were a better replacement esc.
tulebender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in