Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gweller
  • 1 Post By EndoDusk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XK K130 disappoints me again

So I replaced the tail motor with the recommended 2s motor and on the first flight, after less than a minute, the tail spun sporadically then the helicopter just died, causing a hard landing and broken skid. My experience with this has been very bad. The flight time seems to be very short, and I can't seem to get the tail to not spin even with the 2s tail motor, causing difficulty controlling the heli. Very disappointing. And what sucks is I ordered the metal gear servos (+ the 4 pack of 2s tail motors) what a waste of my time and money. I got it from Amazon so after probably weeks of back and forth with the seller and Amazon, I should eventually get my money back. Am I the only one finding this heli to be crap? At first I loved it, but that lasted a few flights before I started having these issues. Very Very disappointed in this heli. My money would be better spent on the new transmitter I need, or the blade 250 CFX. I was so excited to get this only to have that thrill shot down with an inferior product. I still say the K110 is their best one.
bpjacobsen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sadly I hardly ever fly mine either and my sympathies on the expenses trying to get it "right". I spent to get one of the very first RTF "ones" myself. Turns out the old X6 radio would have been just fine. Although it flies fine now with the 2S motor it's just not much to my liking. I never bought the upgraded servos but did do the resistor mod to stop servo shaking on HV lipos.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I hear ya, same disappointing experience with K130

I completely agree. My K130 was shaking badly out of the box during first flight I got massive jitters on the collective servos.

I got it in the air a few times and experienced that awesome poppy torque that it has, but something overwhelms the gyro and it tilts into the ground. I don't mind crashes when it's my fault, but when the heli itself won't fly it's really frustrating.

So now I have 3 flights on the K130, two stripped servo gears, a broken canopy, and very sad demeanor.

I'm going to file a DOA claim with Banggood and ask them to send me a new one; maybe I just got a bad board.

Last edited by EndoDusk; 08-06-2019 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: clarity
EndoDusk is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 05:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoDusk View Post
I completely agree. My K130 was shaking badly out of the box during first flight I got massive jitters on the collective servos.

I got it in the air a few times and experienced that awesome poppy torque that it has, but something overwhelms the gyro and it tilts into the ground. I don't mind crashes when it's my fault, but when the heli itself won't fly it's really frustrating.

So now I have 3 flights on the K130, two stripped servo gears, a broken canopy, and very sad demeanor.

I'm going to file a DOA claim with Banggood and ask them to send me a new one; maybe I just got a bad board.
I can understand where you are coming from, but it's worth persevering with the K130 as once it's sorted if flies great IMOH.

I replaced the standard servos with BlueArrow D03018MG's and swapped the tail rotor from one from the K123. It's also worth removing the red cover over the gyro sensor for the FC on the main board and checking that the chip is not loose or is touching the cover, which can cause problems. I also dialed the IU throttle setting back to 60% as this is ample for sport and light 3D (flips, rolls, inverted hovering etc).

Hope this helps!
Cheers
Gary
jasond1979 likes this.
gweller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Might have found the issue with K130 flight issues

SO I took my XK130 off the shelf this week to test it again and found the exact same issue occurring. It will take off smoothly and hover stable for about 2-3 seconds before veering off to the right and crashing into the grass. Sounds like vibration issues right?

Today I took apart the red box on top of the FBL and found that the micro processor (probably the orientation chip?) was flapping around loose inside.

I'm going to paste it back down with some light doublestick tape and see if it resolves this model's significant problems that I've had so far ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2102.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	813283  
Thomas.Heiss likes this.
EndoDusk is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2020, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did it solve the problem?????
lotaloi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2020, 01:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoDusk View Post
SO I took my XK130 off the shelf this week to test it again and found the exact same issue occurring. It will take off smoothly and hover stable for about 2-3 seconds before veering off to the right and crashing into the grass. Sounds like vibration issues right?

Today I took apart the red box on top of the FBL and found that the micro processor (probably the orientation chip?) was flapping around loose inside.

I'm going to paste it back down with some light doublestick tape and see if it resolves this model's significant problems that I've had so far ...

Inquiring minds want to know did it work?
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in