Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By RustyChain
  • 1 Post By PassinThru
  • 3 Post By torpicaltrail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2020, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Best out of box BULLET PROOF heli?

Title says it all. What's the best out of box heli that is bullet proof?
Black mamba 2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2020, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Indoors or outdoors?

If Indoors: Living room or triple gym?
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

For a more crashbomb proof outdoor heli it IMHO makes sense:

- to go 1s
- less weight as possible: ~45-60g (max)
- there are some micro (CP) helis which only weight: ~32g

If you go higher in the 120-150/160 class (2s) (either motor driven tail or torque-driven tail (TT)) and you have a weight in the 100-150g range (130X, V120d02s, Trex 150X), then more will be damaged if you hit hard or with the wrong angle.

But it might still work out if you accept some repairs and you are not a beginner.

The newest (announced) 2s heli will be the Eachine E160.

If you go into the 240g (Blade Fusion 180, 4s) or 339g (Blade 230s V2, 3s) weight range you will have to replace more things when you crash, especially if you are not fast enough activating the rescue or hitting the hold switch (=motor OFF).

...or maybe I have misinterpretated your question as I'm not an English native speaker.

What heli are you searching for?
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 05-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default M2 from Omphobby

The Best the heli so far. It is easy to fix if you crashed . Very minimal parts.
minh88888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am curious: How good is the OMP M2 alu material? Especially once you have crashed? Does it withstand the crash a bit?

What are the most broken parts? (yeah, I know, every crash is different depending on the angle and how fast you activate the hold switch or rescue)

So far I have no problems with the Blade 4503D alu head block and alu flybar seesaw holder and I had three crashes (1st and 3rd were extreme).

How do you know if something is slightly bent and what is the reason for bad vibrations (e.g. head block, blade holders, alu washout control arms,...) when it does not completely break?
Old 05-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

K110.

Its really actually breaks, more like the parts just wear out real fast. Fly over grass and the main gear will be probably the only thing to fix. It pops off, then you pop it back on. You can usually do that 8-10 times before the hole enlarges and you need a new one.

Haven't crashed the M2, but I get you're gonna need a handful of parts. Looks easy to fix though.
RustyChain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.Heiss View Post
For a more crashbomb proof outdoor heli it IMHO makes sense:

- to go 1s
- less weight as possible: ~45-60g (max)
- there are some micro (CP) helis which only weight: ~32g

If you go higher in the 120-150/160 class (2s) (either motor driven tail or torque-driven tail (TT)) and you have a weight in the 100-150g range (130X, V120d02s, Trex 150X), then more will be damaged if you hit hard or with the wrong angle.

But it might still work out if you accept some repairs and you are not a beginner.

The newest (announced) 2s heli will be the Eachine E160.

If you go into the 240g (Blade Fusion 180, 4s) or 339g (Blade 230s V2, 3s) weight range you will have to replace more things when you crash, especially if you are not fast enough activating the rescue or hitting the hold switch (=motor OFF).

...or maybe I have misinterpretated your question as I'm not an English native speaker.

What heli are you searching for?
No you're good, you got the idea. And yeah I definitely think I need to stay smaller than a 230s. I have a 230s and let's just say I could have built it from scratch at least a half dozen or more times.

I have a CPS and put a brushless inrunner on it, but I feel like I'm still going to just go through the entire heli a bunch of times and spend just as much as I would on something hardier in the long run.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh88888 View Post
The Best the heli so far[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/BaconDance.gif[/IMG]. It is easy to fix if you crashed . Very minimal parts.
Yeah that thing looks strong and simple! I just wish it wasn't 2-3× the price of similar sized helis. I'll have to take a better look at it and see what the spare parts cost, the initial buy in is quite excessive lol.

Do you know if I can use a Spektrum tx on it?
Old 12-10-2020, 04:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyChain View Post
K110.

Its really actually breaks, more like the parts just wear out real fast. Fly over grass and the main gear will be probably the only thing to fix. It pops off, then you pop it back on. You can usually do that 8-10 times before the hole enlarges and you need a new one.
I followed a suggestion I saw online to use a small nut to make it grip again. It was quite a pain to get it on, but the gear was a snug fit on the shaft afterwards. Still pops down in a crash as well (that's a feature I've tested very thoroughly). Saved me having to throw away an otherwise perfect gear.
krowbar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2020, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The most bullet proof heli out of the box is a good fright stimulator.
NotAProfessional likes this.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since this is in the "100 Class Electric Helicopters" forum, and since the OP said "bulletproof..."

No contest, XK K110.
torpicaltrail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh88888 View Post
The Best the heli so far. It is easy to fix if you crashed . Very minimal parts.
#1. M2 is not a 100 class heli (where this post is)
#2. M2 is nowhere near bullet proof. With it's high speed speed and weight, something will break in a crash.
Palm_Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2021, 11:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black mamba 2011 View Post
Yeah that thing looks strong and simple! I just wish it wasn't 2-3× the price of similar sized helis. I'll have to take a better look at it and see what the spare parts cost, the initial buy in is quite excessive lol.

Do you know if I can use a Spektrum tx on it?
You would need to add a Spektrum satellite receiver to use a Spektrum Tx.
Palm_Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2021, 10:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpicaltrail View Post
Since this is in the "100 Class Electric Helicopters" forum, and since the OP said "bulletproof..."

No contest, XK K110.
I have to agree, I bought a lot of spares for mine (potential covid delivery delays from China) and so far I have only replace the boom and blades, and they didnt break from a single crash, just became damaged over time from many crashes. It's the best heli I have had because it is the only one I am not scared of crashing, only downside is flying outside it needs to be pretty calm if you are learning
Ants is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in