Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2020, 11:47 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
The DX9 will be fine for the foreseeable future for you unless you decide you want to get away from Spektrum for some reason or get into scale helicopters. 9 channels is plenty unless you are trying to do scale things like lights and landing gear and things like that.
Thanks for confirming what I've been thinking! I have the B400, the Nano and soon hopefully a 150s. Also the WS2000 wireless dongle for simulators. I figure I can always get a Spektrum sat for any models which I want and don't support DSMX.

Though I love the look of large scale helis, they'll be out of my budget for the foreseeable future (I like to do other things like SCUBA and skiing so it's all a balance!) and to be frank, I'd bore quickly of it - not my scene.

I aim to get reasonably good at 3D and from what I can tell the smaller Blade Helis will be good enough for that for a while.

Maybe a Trex 470 in the long term...

Blade 400 '3DX' | 150s | OMP M2
DX9
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjxIBBszfXNcHtNCM7dbELg
Beserkr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2020, 12:13 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beserkr View Post
I figure I can always get a Spektrum sat for any models which I want and don't support DSMX.

It would be difficult to find a helicopter that doesn't support Spektrum. Most that aren't Blade are kits and so the electronics choice is up to you. Align might have one RTF or BNF model ... not sure ... they used to ... was Futaba and then later they supplied their own radio i think.
Beserkr likes this.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2020, 03:04 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went ahead and updated mine to 2.05 without the Livewire thing.

Like you my DX9 will probably serve my needs for any foreseeable future. I'm still not even doing much telemetry as it's nothing my type of flying requires. I can already get more than enough time in the air just using a timer. After 5-7 minutes I'm ready to land for a break anyway. I do see telemetry being important to a smack 3D type of pilot but not someone like me who just likes to fly around the sky lazily.

Some days if I'm feeling extra lazy I'll even flip the switch to turn stability mode on
Beserkr likes this.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I went ahead and updated mine to 2.05 without the Livewire thing.

Like you my DX9 will probably serve my needs for any foreseeable future. I'm still not even doing much telemetry as it's nothing my type of flying requires. I can already get more than enough time in the air just using a timer. After 5-7 minutes I'm ready to land for a break anyway. I do see telemetry being important to a smack 3D type of pilot but not someone like me who just likes to fly around the sky lazily.

Some days if I'm feeling extra lazy I'll even flip the switch to turn stability mode on
I just realised you could enter a menu giving you much more detailed version info - it actually says 2.00.05 ?
I think telemetry would be a cool thing to have, but nothing important for me like you say. Five or so minutes is certainly enough with the B400 - I could probably fly the Nano for longer though - much less stressful

Speaking of the different flight modes - I tried panic for the first time yesterday evening. Had her high up in an inverted hover and pressed the I button - nicely and smoothly over back to right-side up she went!

Then.... fell straight in to the ground - I was still holding the collective at the hover point for inverted (expecting Panic to take care of that for me) and didn't react fast enough.
Had plenty of time to catch it, but I think because I was taken out of the loop for a moment I kind of froze.

So much for 'SAFE'

DX9
Old 06-27-2020, 05:28 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I've had about 40 flights or so using the DX9. So glad you guys convinced me to stump up for one, it's a gorgeous radio IMHO.

Finally plucked up the courage the other day to open it up, did the Teflon tape mod and also removed the pitch limit wedges, as the narrow pitch range with them in wasn't to my liking.
Collective stick now fairly tight, but smooth as glass.

I also bought a Bro-Tect glass screen protector for it, it's a perfect fit and you'd never know it was there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BROTECT-Pro.../dp/B019GPY2BC

I wonder what I'll be flying with this in a few years time!

DX9
Old 06-27-2020, 06:18 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Oxy 6 or 7 whatever they will call their 700 size machine
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2020, 07:12 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
Quote:

Oxy 6 or 7 whatever they will call their 700 size machine [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/BaconDance.gif[/IMG]
Haha, hopefully. I have other hobbies (scuba diving and skiing) which aren't cheap. Plus looking to move house in the next year or so.

My current fleet should serve me well for the moment!
fiddle likes this.

DX9

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in