Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spektrum FBL System

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2020, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default AR7210BX Problems Wobble

Hello All,
There are many who have used the AR7210BX with great results. I need some help.
I just upgraded my Trex600 to Hobbywing Platinum 120A and a Spectrum AR7210.
Cyclic servos Align 610s set at 200hz
Tail servo Align 650 set at 333hz with center of 1520
I am using the 3M mounting tape supplied with unit.

I went through all the settings A-N very similar to setting up my MicroBeast v3. I moved the Microbeast to my 450. The 600 flew well with it no problems same servo settings. (I wish i did'nt switch this thing is a pain)
Any way
Here is the problem: As i spool to lift off up i get a wobble on the elevator axis.

Here is what i tried;
Balanced blades
Adjusted tightness of blades, checked for tight connections in linkage
Went thru step A-N again to make sure i had 0* pitch coming out of (G) looked great all around the 3 servos.
In step (J) i got the blue right on 6*.
Set 10* + and - on collective
Was in the blue for all the swash limits.
Set up end points on Hobbywing
Did a test flight and still get wobble in elevator axis.

Any help appreciated
Steve
pvtpil8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2020, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

The model of 600 and the age of it makes a difference if you have old and worn out dampeners in the head. Without a video, tracking it down can be tough and in my experience with FBL systems, when bobbing on the elevator axis happens, it us either too much gain on the elevator axis or worn out or too soft dampeners. Best I can do. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I think i found the issue. Dumb rookie mistake but maybe somebody else can avoid the wasted time. I went back over everything and found in order to get the head of the main shaft i loosened the FBL stabilizer links and never retightened. Luck the head didn't blow apart. Anyway adde lock-tight put them back on tightened and test flew. Stable as a rock. Now onto the governor. This is new to me so i could use pointers here. probably just using the one int the HW esc. much easier to set up than 7210. Unless someone has a good procedure.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happens to the best of us!
joeflash211 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2020, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use three of them units and love them. I learned when wobbeling occures, there was never an issue with the AR7210, but allways mecanical issue with the head.
As for the units governor, modern ESC can do better. I use YGE ESC, and have enabled ESC governor. BeastX knows about FBL. Keeping the Rpm should be the ESC's Job.
I don't know Hobbywing, but they are popular, so i guess the ESC Governor would be find.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Don, I thought I had fixed the issue. But it was not the lose parts. The head is brand new. I can only assume the dampers are new also. I am pretty sure I did not have the issue with the microbeast v3. Same head set up. It started when I upgraded the esc, (fried the old one) and changed to the AR7210bx. Interesting i turn gain down to the stop and almost no difference. If I go up to idle 1 it seems to stop the wobble. I did take off and balance the mains and tail rotor same thing happens. Wobble in idle 0. Gets smoother at idle 1. I will try to get a video.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're running a linear throttle in idle 0(normal) it is most likely too much pitch for the Head speed (RPM). I ran into the same problem on a pristine 600ESP FB recently.

In idle 1 it was better but ended bumping up the headspeed by 3% from 77% to 80% and the wobble went away. YMMV
howars01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2020, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

What Headspeed are we talking about? I run 1400 rpm on my 600 and no wobble nor any issues with the AR7210BX.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I’ll check the head speed tomorrow may be a little below the suggested 1400. In addition I moved the 7210 to a different spot. The was a lot of vibration where it was. I could see the wobble in the head without the blades. Not noticable now, at least on the bench. I checked the main shaft, perfect. Completely checked the head everything looks good. All strait lubed and tight. Vibration seemed to be coming from the main gear. I then re-adjusted the play between motor and main gear. I will try again tomorrow.
Thanks for the help. I’ll make sure head speak at idle 0 is 1400+.and adjust pitch curve.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in