Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My newb impressions: 230s V2, 250 cfx, 360 cfx

I've only been flying for a few weeks, but spent a lot of time practicing on the RF9 simulator as well. I have to say, the 230s V2 was an awesome one to start with. So stable and fun, with good visibility. It flew inverted and did flips pretty nicely. However, I crashed that into a pond and ruined the electronics, then picked up a used 250 cfx and 360 cfx.

The 250 cfx seems so much twitchier than the 230s V2, and by twitchier I don't mean more responsive/sensitive. I do like the frame- it can take a major impact as I accidentally discovered. But it just doesn't fly with as good of manners as the 230s V2 did. I am using the 230s V2 plastic blades right now, but maybe it'll feel better with the stock carbon blades. The tail motor screams just like the 230 when it gets pushed hard.

The 360 cfx is gorgeous, but intimidating as hell. The tail rotors catch little rocks or grass a bit too easily so I've had to replace one of those so far (I know I should get a pad). I LOVE how smooth this helicopter feels though. The idea of no panic button adds to the intimidation, but it just flies so much more predictable. I keep debating maybe changing the controller to pick up safe/panic, but we'll see if it's actually needed. Of the 3 crashes I've had so far on the smaller heli's, the panic button hasn't saved me anyway...

Side question- does the fusion 270 and 480 fly as awesome in real life as they do in the simulator?

Picture of the 250 cfx (with 230 parts mixed in) and the 360 cfx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5996.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	872519  
HoverMe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in