Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2020, 12:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kineticheli View Post
Think of a DS-12 too, can you elaborate on which modules I would need. I was thinking of just getting Package A.

Jeff
i've decided on the following ones...

- function curves: great for heli programming, makes things easier
- 6 flight modes: autorotation / normal / iu1 / iu2 are already 4... i am using 5
- telemetry analysis: superimportant - already used 2-3 times
- voice output: neverever without
- 12 channels: NEO with throttle & gyro controlled from tx, plus rescue: 9 channels highly desired. Spirit & rescue, NEO "all in banks"... 8 channels enough. depends on fbl and features used.
- logic switches: same as function curves, really nice
- more alarms/event sounds/elements on display: just if needed... i needed

... just check your needs and compare with option packs. i preferred detailed selection. 2nd DS-12 we bought some weeks later is configured +/-- same... just no telemetry analysis (done at home in more detail, even could be great for first setup tweaks)

Ciao
Michael
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2020, 07:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recently downloaded the latest firmware for my DS16 and was given the option to download a version with LUA support. I assume this means you can get LUA support for a used DS16. But I did not try it.

MIke
Old 07-22-2020, 08:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

DS-16 doesn't have enough memory to do any more than very basic LUA apps. There are some "dumbed down" apps that are specially made for these limitations, and there are others small enough to run as they were made.

Dan
Old 07-26-2020, 12:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jeti DS12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunaRut View Post
Thanks.
I guess I should have added this question as well, is the Jeti radio to complex for something like the kraken 700 or a Nitro S7? My old DX9 works but the throttle/pitch gimbal is horrible I have it tightened all the way and the stick will still fall if I hold the radio up vertical. I prefer something with back pressure on the pitch gimbal.

I am into heli only. I also used the DX with similar problems. Then maybe six years ago I got a DS16. All satisfied since. Today I'd get a Jeti DS12.
aweb777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2020, 12:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I’ve had a couple DS16s, DS14s, And now 2 DS12s. I know what features I need and what I don’t. By getting the basic and adding the stuff I use I saved about $300. That’s a lot of receivers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2020, 01:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

It does not matter which Jeti transmitter you get first, because you will eventually have more than one. I met a friend at the flying field yesterday, and he had a new DS-24 where he was using a DS-16 before. I accused him of not being able to let well enough alone, and he said that he just had to have color.

I think I might be in the market for a DS-16 II, if they ever bring it to the US.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks.
I guess I should have added this question as well, is the Jeti radio to complex for something like the kraken 700 or a Nitro S7? My old DX9 works but the throttle/pitch gimbal is horrible I have it tightened all the way and the stick will still fall if I hold the radio up vertical. I prefer something with back pressure on the pitch gimbal.
I’m a little lost on what you mean, too complex? The DS-12 is comparable to the DX9. I’d say that the Jeti brings a lot more to the table than the DX9 does, or does it better. But they are still playing the same game. A DS-12 without the add in modules probably has less features than the DX9. (Kinda like a stripped down Lexus vs. a fully loaded Honda)

I think the DS-12 is a great radio for either of those helis. But a DX6 would work fine too

I spent a little bit of time setting up my gimbals on the DS-12 when I got it. I think the build quality was very good, but I got the special edition with metal gimbals. It comes with a ratchet set, so I un-set that and dialed in some silky smooth friction. Very happy.

My DX6 I did the Teflon mod and it was very smooth. My iX12 I never opened yet, but it is sticky. Someone commented that the Jeti wouldn’t make me a better pilot - But you’d be amazed at how much smooth gimbals makes
Old 08-02-2020, 04:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
Someone commented that the Jeti wouldn’t make me a better pilot - But you’d be amazed at how much smooth gimbals makes
Yep. When I went from my DX6i to my DX8, I was immediately flying better.

The Jeti is about the same as my DX8. I like both.
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2020, 06:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I’ll be placing my “test drive program”order tomorrow.
blarks likes this.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
Someone commented that the Jeti wouldn’t make me a better pilot - But you’d be amazed at how much smooth gimbals makes
You are correct I probably will be amazed!
Old 08-09-2020, 11:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I’ll be placing my “test drive program”order tomorrow.
Which one are you going to order?

Last edited by blarks; 08-10-2020 at 12:04 PM..
blarks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2020, 11:57 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
Which one are you going to order?
The new DS12. I’m now waiting on it to come back in so I can test drive it
Rabid121 and blarks like this.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:30 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not followed Jeti but I looked at this post and saw you had to purchase an upgrade if you want to make the DS-12 a 12 channel radio! It looks like it is only 8 out of the box.

When Jeti first came out with this business model were there a hold load of haters slating the business model?
Old 08-15-2020, 02:46 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
I have not followed Jeti but I looked at this post and saw you had to purchase an upgrade if you want to make the DS-12 a 12 channel radio! It looks like it is only 8 out of the box.

When Jeti first came out with this business model were there a hold load of haters slating the business model?
Probably, they are everywhere, ready to complain and hate on anything they don't like. I have adopted the mindset that I do my research before I buy and if I don't like it then I simply don't buy it. If I come across something after my purchase then thats on me unless it wasn't advertised or stated then I will contact place of purchase or manufacturer.

I don't really see any deception on Jeti's part here, a simple read of the product page you can see what features are included and what can be upgraded.
KiwiBlair likes this.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:00 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

... and maybe one should look at the price too (20€ for 4 additional channels... 40€ and it is real 16 channel). just compare the pricing to radios of similar power / features. i.e. Spektrum iX12 (no hall gimbals)... 679€ here in Europe... the DS-12 is 560€. the Jeti DS-12 Spirit Edition (16 channels and many other optional features included) is 625€.

for me the pricing model is great... one can buy a real great radio @ real friendly price and buy features as needed. other way would be a 800€ radio with all included... many things you would never need.

Ciao
Michael
acrow likes this.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:56 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was going to use the DS-12 for heli and the DS-16 for planks. After swapping the upper pots for switches, and after holding the -12, the -16 feels like a brick and I've moved everything to the -12.

Unless I had some extremely complicated warbird with lots of servos and bling, I can't see needing a -16 or -24. I can run a full-house elec glider, including crow and variable camber, no problem on the 12. Dan
Eury likes this.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:07 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post

It is a 12 channel radio, not 8.

Upgradable to 16
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2020, 07:13 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildFlyCrashRepeat View Post

Upgradable to 16
Maybe I misunderstand something but this says 8, no?
http://www.jetimodel.com/files/photo...-12-EN-v01.png
Old 08-15-2020, 07:22 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildFlyCrashRepeat View Post

Upgradable to 16
Maybe I misunderstand something but this says 8, no?
http://www.jetimodel.com/files/photo...-12-EN-v01.png
It’s a 8 channel radio in the base configuration. There is an upgrade to get to 12 channels and then a second upgrade to get to 16. Some packages include additional channels as part of it.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh you’re right.

Nvm then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in