Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 350QX

350QX Blade 350QX Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro accelerometer error code

Had a bad crash and broke the body of my 350qx v2. Replaced the body, now it won't initiate or even go into bind mode. It starts flashing red and I have a tone that's, high medium low (sad tone), and everything tells me that's a gyro accelerometer error code, I checked and rechecked all my connection, no cut or bare wires. Does this mean I have to replace the board?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
camarohrod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohrod View Post
Had a bad crash and broke the body of my 350qx v2. Replaced the body, now it won't initiate or even go into bind mode. It starts flashing red and I have a tone that's, high medium low (sad tone), and everything tells me that's a gyro accelerometer error code, I checked and rechecked all my connection, no cut or bare wires. Does this mean I have to replace the board?

Horizon hobby incorrectly mounted the accelerometer/gyro onto the flight controller. Please check out the writeup I did on it with extensive picture and how to fix it. I have repaired countless units now. Halfway down the page is where the Blade mpu-6050 section starts

http://www.usdronerepair.com/dji-and...-flyaways.html
Old 12-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm going to tell you the truth, I have no clue what any of that ment. Is this something I could send to you and you could fix it?

camarohrod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2014, 01:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Send me a PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
After stopping my 350QX for 5 years, I took it out of its suitcase, but it is not initialized.
the led flashes green and red with a high medium low tone.
For me it is a problem identical to that described in this topic.
The link does not work any more, could you communicate to me the operating mode to solve the problem.
have a nice days
Bastounnet
bastounnet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2020, 05:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Don't get excited about the reply. I cant answer your question. My tip is to join the Facebook forum which seems to be more widely read. However they are not as nice and helpful as Helifreak people. I had posted a few questions on here with no response. They are a bit "old school" and mundane for most people is the impression I get. Good luck
Maturecruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2020, 09:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's nothing against the 350QX. I think the 350QX was a great multi-rotor heli for its time and was certainly an excellent combination of smart electronics with agile flight capability. It's just that this forum is not very active any more. It's been several years since the 350QX was sold, even as the QX2 and QX3.

On top of that, I don't think this was a very common problem, so you'll have to find someone who is familiar with it and can tell you how to fix it. That may be quite the challenge now. This problem was not described in any of the 350QX manuals, so there wasn't a solution from Blade/Horizon Hobby.

I do wish you luck finding the answer... it's a great model if you can make it work.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2020, 03:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a video link for calibrating the accelerometer.

350 QX Accelerometer Calibration (2 min 47 sec)

Also:
A. Accelerometer:
1. Bind with Right Stick in full “DOWN”
2. Start Motors and switch to “3” Agility Mode. Tail light will flash Red/Blue/Green
3. Lift off, adjusting TRIM until an even hover is obtained. Tail light flash will slow when calibration is complete.
4. Land UAV and turn off props
5. Zero out the trim and restart motors
6. Lift off and check for drifting again. If drifting, re-do calib. No drifting, land and turn off props
7. To save settings, throttle to minimum, then quick Left / Right and Left / Right again to save, then power off.
04fxdwgi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2020, 04:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastounnet View Post
Hi,
After stopping my 350QX for 5 years, I took it out of its suitcase, but it is not initialized.
the led flashes green and red with a high medium low tone.
For me it is a problem identical to that described in this topic.
The link does not work any more, could you communicate to me the operating mode to solve the problem.
have a nice days
Bastounnet

Flashing green and red (no blue) indicates compass calibration sequence.

350 QX Compass Calibration (2 min 17 sec)

A. Compass (Calibrate to NORTH). You have 30 seconds from rapid blink to perform calibration:
1. Bind with Left Stick all the way down and to “LEFT”
2. Tail light will flash “Green / Red” for 5 seconds
3. Start with front facing NORTH, then flip over 360 degrees.
4. Rotate 45 degrees until right motor is facing NORTH, then flip over 360 degrees.
5. Repeat at 45 degree angles until front is facing SOUTH at end of flip..
6. Front facing North again and hold level until tail light turns solid Green.
7. Cycle power
Old 05-05-2020, 09:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04fxdwgi View Post
Flashing green and red (no blue) indicates compass calibration sequence.
I found that in the manual, too, but you also had to bind it a certain way in order to initiate the calibration. I don't recall it ever just powering up that way.

Unless it has some way of knowing that the calibration is really old and really necessary. The QX3 (firmware version 3) flashed an orange light sequence to tell you the compass needs calibration.

Hopefully the solution is this easy.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightengr View Post
I found that in the manual, too, but you also had to bind it a certain way in order to initiate the calibration. I don't recall it ever just powering up that way.

Unless it has some way of knowing that the calibration is really old and really necessary. The QX3 (firmware version 3) flashed an orange light sequence to tell you the compass needs calibration.

Hopefully the solution is this easy.

See the instructions right below the Youtube window. Tells what sequence to bind in
Old 05-05-2020, 04:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

bastounnet said the 350QX is just doing that at power up, so I'm thinking that no special bind sequence is being done. That's why I'm not so sure that the aircraft is going into compass calibration on its own, and therefore that may not be the problem. But it's certainly worth trying if the aircraft will allow that.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlbark View Post
Horizon hobby incorrectly mounted the accelerometer/gyro onto the flight controller. Please check out the writeup I did on it with extensive picture and how to fix it. I have repaired countless units now. Halfway down the page is where the Blade mpu-6050 section starts

http://www.usdronerepair.com/dji-and...-flyaways.html
Hello,

Unfortunately the website isn't working anymore.

I am concerned with the same issue as the 1st post but on an almost unused Blade 350 QX. have someone kept the images on what part should be fixed ? i have opened-up the Blade but i am not sure of the part to unsolder as almos all references are grayed-out on the chips. Can someone please help me ?

Thanks in advance.
yamdar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2020, 03:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same problem as yamdar, it was in storage for 2 years and all I get now is blinking red light and beep - Gyro accelerometer error code.It will not bind. Is there a fix to this? Mainboard is bloody expensive. Thx
Taskar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2020, 09:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default same problem here.

I dont fly my qx350 much and it sits in its box on its side. I was getting a high low one beep which I think is the accelerometer/gyro code and would not initialize. I turn my transmitter on and flip the quad upside down and it will initialize. It seems to fly ok but I worry about it just taking off on me. Any ideas on that problem
hawk-eye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in