Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Raydee
  • 1 Post By ticedoff8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2020, 04:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 UPDATE?

whats the latest update i need to be on for the dx9 its been a while since i updated it i wana make sure im on the right version?
BLAZE86DUBZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2020, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

The latest is 2.07.03. You will find 2.05 available as well. 2.07.03 is a Beta as it is an interim version that corrected a mistake with 2.06. You do not need to install any middle version but DO backup your models. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2020, 05:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would stay on 2.05 for now until 2.07 is out if beta
ticedoff8 and Sp4wn like this.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you use any kind of non-Spektrum telemetry, I'd stick to 2.05.

As is becoming typical for Spektrum, there is a bug in 2.07.
It screws up the telemetry coming from non-Spektrum flight controllers that use SRXL / SRXL2

Quote:
EDIT:
There is a newer version (2.07.03) which almost fixes the telemetry problem.
It seems the focus of Spektrum is shifting to making their systems more propitiatory and closed to 3rd party systems.
If you become 100% all Spektrum, I guess this could be a good thing.

But, if you want "best of breed" ESC, batteries, flight controller and servos, maybe Spektrum may not be the best brand to support that flexibility.

Last edited by ticedoff8; 09-14-2020 at 12:11 PM..
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2020, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

On thanks i will have to look I think I'm on 2.05 still

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
BLAZE86DUBZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Spektrum is shifting to making their systems more propitiatory and closed to 3rd party systems"

What do you by this? How can servos be TX dependent? You are saying Spektrum doesn't want their TXs to work with iKON FBL say?
RCFred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2020, 12:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What do you by this? How can servos be TX dependent? You are saying Spektrum doesn't want their TXs to work with iKON FBL say?
That means that if you want the best of breed components and you have a Spektrum transmitter, at some point in the future, don't expect to get all the features of those best of breed components.

Given the fact that Spektrum introduced a version of Airware that broke the telemetry for MSH Electronics (and maybe Spirit too?), I'd say they didn't really care about that those non-Spektrum devices. They "forgot" to test them - yet again.
They tested all the Spektrum integration.

Is it unreasonable to say that at some point in time, there may be no more 3-wire serial remote satellite receivers that are compatible with MSH Electronics, BeastX, Spirit, Align - etc, etc, etc?
In that case, if you want to use your Spektrum transmitter with one of these flight controllers, you might need to use a Spektrum full size, external receiver.
In that case, maybe you can't use some feature of your flight controller and there is no telemetry.
What would you call that? Propitiatory?
Spektrum is late to the gravy train. VControl, Jeti, Graupner - they pieoneered that concept of a proprietary eco-system. It's just that Spektrum sucks at it.

This already extends to Spektrum ESC, LiPo batteries and chargers.
Of course, I can charge a Spektrum battery on a non-Spektrum charger. I can charge a non-Spektrum battery on a Spektrum charger.
But, there is something "special" about charging a Spektrum battery with a Spektrum charger and using that battery with a Spektrum ESC.
Or course, it is pretty clear that most of the new Spektrum stuff is not "best of breed", so you give up something to use them.
I bought the iX12 thinking it could be the best transmitter I owned. It isn't.
It shouldn't take too much imagination to think of some neat feature that could be added to a servo that only works when it is plugged into a Spektrum receiver or flight controller. And, I bet that hypothetical future servo won't be "best of breed" either.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spektrum may be shooting themselves in the foot here. FrSky is slowly taking over at my flying field, at least. Those that use Spektrum wish they were using something else but don't want the perceived complexity of FrSky and don't want to pay for Futaba (the other big player at my field) but covet Futaba. Someone is going to come along and eat Spektrum's lunch with just the right combo of price and features / ease of use I predict.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2020, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Someone is going to come along and eat Spektrum's lunch with just the right combo of price and features / ease of use I predict.
JR? Are you listening!?!
fiddle likes this.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Once again, way off topic. Well done.

Don

Last edited by Keyrigger; 09-16-2020 at 09:41 PM..
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2020, 09:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Someone is going to come along and eat Spektrum's lunch with just the right combo of price and features / ease of use I predict."

And in the intervening 5 years, Spektrum will continue to be the sales leader due to its strengths of value, service, availability and meeting the needs of the middle of the market.
RCFred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in