Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Xnova Motors Support

Xnova Motors Support Xnova Motors Factory Support

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lwnemesis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2020, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default X-Nova Motors Rock

I fly almost exclusively X-Nova/X-Era motors on my 700 helis and have never had an issue with them. Amazing quality and power. I never truly realized this until recently. I mostly fly X-Nova 4530 500kv-535kv motors and in this particular case it involved an XTS 4530-525kv motor. I have two of these in my JR Forza 700s. I don't know why but I decided to check the head speed on all my 700s and one Forza in particular showed 2300rpm at 80% throttle. I didn't understand why it was so high. The heli never bogged even at the full pitch of 13 degrees. I even used two different tachometers to verify my readings. I finally figured out that I was over geared as I was running a 13t pinion instead of an 11t that I should have been running. What's funny is I ran this way for over two years without noticing. Now I am mostly a big air flyer but I do load the head up pretty good when I do stationary maneuvers. The motor would come down very cool unlike my Scorpion motors. I glad that they make motors that are that powerful and efficient that even when you run them outside their optimal setting they perform great. My amp draw went down an average of 25a once I dropped in the correct pinion. I'm pretty sure better, more experience flyers would have spotted this error faster than me but I just find it amazing. Anyway thats my little story.
IndividualWon likes this.
lwnemesis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in