Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 500X

Blade 500X Blade 500X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, HH say they are not necessary.
r44flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you very much!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by r44flyer View Post
No, HH say they are not necessary.

Fit perfectly without shims. Beautiful blades!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

They're are not on as tight as they looked. I was able to remove them in about a minute on both of my new blades without a scratch on them. I used a small L shape Allen wrench that is slightly bigger than the insert and just gave it a few taps. I was pretty pissed at first but no big deal.
Keymaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Revolution Blades replacement issue on 500x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymaker View Post
They're are not on as tight as they looked. I was able to remove them in about a minute on both of my new blades without a scratch on them. I used a small L shape Allen wrench that is slightly bigger than the insert and just gave it a few taps. I was pretty pissed at first but no big deal.
+1 I was pretty unhappy at first that the set I just bought still had the eyelets, a few taps with a hammer and a screwdriver later and that was fixed though.

Still, you think blade would have their blades set up for their heli right out of the box, its not a big deal here where I have all my tools, but if I needed a new set of blades on the road I would have been screwed.
DiceK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep the bushings you removed as a removal tool for future blades, super easy and stress free if you have one kicking around.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger3320 View Post
I see that Allen does not know what he is talking about and I would guees he does not even own one. but his advice was incorrect and yes thats how rumors start and someone could get hurt

That personal demeaning jibe at Allen is uncalled for......
I would feel perfectly safe standing next to Allen when he "airs" it
out.....

His concern is ME valid...and Allen's concerns.....prevent people from getting hurt......because he
exercises good and appropriate judgement....

Not using a shanked blade bolt is obvious....and not having an "insert" is such, given the dissimilarities between all the materials.........it's better for you, because is cheaper..

What's the matter with you?......for demeaning Allen?
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
Keep the bushings you removed as a removal tool for future blades, super easy and stress free if you have one kicking around.
Ah, good idea, didn't think about that.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
Not too sure about using those because you may end up sliding off center and damaging the blade surface. I've found the best removal tool is a 4mm hex driver, lightly tapped.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you guys remove the eyelets how do you support your blades? I was trying to support mine as far up to the eyelet with a text book on each side, but I'm wondering if this is overkill for support of the blade, do you all support it on one side and tap out the eyelet, or always on both sides (blade and the end of the root)?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceK View Post
When you guys remove the eyelets how do you support your blades? I was trying to support mine as far up to the eyelet with a text book on each side, but I'm wondering if this is overkill for support of the blade, do you all support it on one side and tap out the eyelet, or always on both sides (blade and the end of the root)?
I just rest the blade on a towel over the open (~1 inch) jaws of my bench-vice and give it a few good taps. Once the eyelet starts to move it comes out very easy and I catch the little sucker in my towel.

Lots of ways to do this I'm sure.

cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Removing the bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I just rest the blade on a towel over the open (~1 inch) jaws of my bench-vice and give it a few good taps. Once the eyelet starts to move it comes out very easy and I catch the little sucker in my towel.

Lots of ways to do this I'm sure.

cheers,
TomC
Just drill a hole in a block of pine larger than the bushing. The important thing is to get a rod slightly smaller than the O.D. of the bushing to drive it out with. Definitely do not use a phillips screwdriver or anything tapered. You want a round rod with a nice squared off end with no burrs or sharp edges. If you scratch the inside diameter of the blade you could create a stress riser. In other words you create a place for it to start failing.
bigjim6060 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 to that!

Cheers,
TomC
Old 09-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Should not happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
They are actually really easy to remove...you can use a screw driver that is slightly larger o.d. than the i.d. of the bushing and tap it out, it's even easier if you have an arbor press (you can get one at harbor freight for $30)
When you buy blades that are specifically on the part list for that helicopter they should fit. You shouldn't have to be pressing out the bushing to use. If they don't fit like the original part it should not be on the part list or at least put a notation that additional work is needed to use. I bought a set and I did have one that was easy to remove and the other one had to be pressed out. Why should someone have to buy a press or rig up a vice for a simple blade replacement?

Last edited by mknj; 09-16-2013 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: Grammer
mknj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the brass pieces out really easily without damaging anything. Here's what I did;

I used a large vice in my garage, a blade 450x swash leveling tool and a hex bit for a screwdriver sized exactly the same size as the brass pieces but no larger than the inner diameter of the hole. The vice provided the force, the swash leveling tool was used to create a void or hole under the blade but still support the blade root while the brass piece was being pressed out and the hex bit was what did the pushing. I tightened the vice very slowly and the brass piece fell right out.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

To update an 8 year old thread.

Use a spare brass bushing of the same size to be removed and machine screw that fits through it.

Push on the head of the screw and the spare bushing will push out old bushing.

EZPZ

dwoof is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in