Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By guyhamilton1983

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Binding S2 to a DX6i computer radio mode

Hi,

I have decided to get a blade Nano S2 as I found my blade Mcpx a little too hot for indoor flight at my skill level. I have managed to bind the S2 to my DX6i (dsmx and dsm2 version) but have found it only binds in non computer mode (showing the blades in the up and down position. So I can fly it but only in safe Z mode or if I flick the (gear/fmode) switch I get full 3D and motor running 100% throttle.

As it happens I have another DX6i (dsmx only) and this suffers the same problems and only binds in non computer mode.

I have programmed it as per the instructions and double checked it. Anybody got any ideas before I take it back to my local hobby shop as faulty?

thanks

Guy
guyhamilton1983 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2020, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you push the throttle/collective (the left one) stick to the right and hold it there until bind is complete? I.e push the bind button, release it and push the stick to the right, and wait for it to bind.
Old 10-16-2020, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Ken,

Yes I have tried that - although will try again. I took it to the shop where they lent it to someone experienced in rc helicopters and it seems to have come back the same as before - ie bound to the transmitter as before and just gives me access to safe Z mode and full 3D mode at 100% idle. I think its probably in non computer mode.

How do you access the other settings - ie normal agility mode or non safe Z mode? I dont really want to learn on 3D mode - I don't think the helicopter will last long

Guy
Old 10-17-2020, 03:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You got the dx6i?, to get the heli in non Z stability mode, you have to use a three way switch.. But the Dx6i only got two-way switches if I remember it right. I used to have a dx6i years ago. Anyway, maybe you can trick it to not use Z stability mode.

I think it is the Gyro rate you have to alter.. try lower it from 90% and see what happens.

Maybe the electronics must know that you use a computer radio, to be able to alter it, to not be in Z mode.

The dx6i is a computer radio, so try to rebind it again. If it not works, maybe the Nano is defect?

Note, I´m no expert at all, so all above is only guess work from my side
Old 10-17-2020, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ken,

So as was suggested, I tried changing the throttle and pitch curves for the agility mode so that I would get the agility element without the full 3d mode. unfortunately as the helicopter is still in non computer radio mode it just ignores any setup changes and refers to its on board setup. So I still get stability Z mode and full 3D with nothing in between.

So every time I bind it with either of my dx6i transmitters, it binds in non computer mode. I have found another thread from someone with the same issues as me and I am starting to think that the DX6i will only offer limited functionality with the Nano S2.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...highlight=dx6i

So although I am loathed to get another transmitter, I may have to buy the RTF blade transmitter or upgrade to a DX6 or better.

happy days

Guy
Old 10-18-2020, 03:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The rtf transmitter will also only give you Z stability and 3D mode
Check the classifieds for a used Dx8 either g1 or g2, or better ofc.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have just bought a cheap mlp6dsm transmitter before seeing your post - thankfully only £24. I have just read the manual section and yes it only offers a couple of modes as you said.

So I have messaged someone who said he got it to work with the DX6i to see if there is something I am missing. Also, I have message horizon hobby - and I will see if they get back to me. I will look for a used dx8 or similar once I have offloaded some of my less used models.

Thanks for your help Ken1

Guy
Ken1 likes this.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah, well that wasn´t so bad ;-) , anyway.. I see you are in UK, (I´m in Sweden), but the HH customer care is in Germany, and well, let me just say good luck ^^, Sometimes they are great, sometimes well..not too good.

But, I do hope you´ll get the heli to work as intended

No problems, just glad to help =)
/Kenneth
Old 10-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it looks like I was binding to the radio in computer mode after all - I was getting confused as the blade were slightly deflected when bound unlike the tutorial video. I confirmed it by binding it and pushing the rudder left and the blades deflected fully up and down indicating non computer mode. I tried minimising the throttle trims and rebinding in computer mode. it seems to have been successful so far. At present I have stability Z, stability, and full 3d modes. The gyro switch alters the stabilisation level between stability and full 3D. On both stability and 3d mode, the throttle is idle up. I will probably alter the throttle curves to get a non 3d throttle / pitch setup.

the Nano S2 is a great learning tool, the MCPx would never be able to bounce damage free like this does

Thanks for all your help.

Guy
Old 10-28-2020, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice!, good to have it flying
Regarding the throttle, it´s either 0-100 in a curve, or 100% straight.
Even if you put like 80% in 3D mode, it´s still 100%. It´s something with the electronics. You could probably tame down the normal curve, but not so sure about 3D mode. My safest bet would be asking H.H/Blade Helicopters about it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in