Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2020, 10:14 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here some practice of what I want to practice during winter. Got a long path ahead of me...

AccuRC SAB Goblin Kraken 700 some practice with crashes and all (4 min 58 sec)
fiddle and Beserkr like this.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2020, 05:28 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice dude! Love the funnels, especially the switches between, really impressive!
No matter how much I've tried those, I simply can't throw out funnels or 'canes.

Trex 550X | Blade 400 '3DX' | OMP M2 | Blade 150S
DX9
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjxIBBszfXNcHtNCM7dbELg
Beserkr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2020, 05:55 AM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
Here some practice of what I want to practice during winter. Got a long path ahead of me...
Wow Javier - your skill level has taken a big jump recently!
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2020, 08:59 AM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! But feeling brave on the sim is easy hehe. I am trying new things and crashing a lot but that is ok. I did see that practicing during my long winter (it's not winter yet but sure feels like it here) worked so I am trying it again this year. Hope to gain a few tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
Wow Javier - your skill level has taken a big jump recently!
Old 10-19-2020, 09:06 AM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

The switch between the funnels is not that difficult. The key to a funnel figure 8 is to practice all funnel orientations and directions. The only thing you need is to punch the collective enough to stop it and start gaining momentum in the other direction. Mine is still sloppy, need to practice more each funnel orientation but it's getting there.

In hurricanes there are two main keys. One is how much collective to use to keep it at the same altitude (although of course tilt angle with aileron counts but I had more issues hitting the sweet spot of collective) and the other is the tail. To keep it nice and at 180 degrees you need to give very little rudder so you have little to maneuver with. Sometimes you have to mostly let go of rudder until the tail is on the right spot and then just slightly keep it there. I am really scared to do those in real life as a crash during those would be devastating. I do them much higher and without as much collective, so I don't tilt them as much. Of course they are much cooler knife edge so that's what I am working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beserkr View Post
Very nice dude! Love the funnels, especially the switches between, really impressive!
No matter how much I've tried those, I simply can't throw out funnels or 'canes.
Beserkr likes this.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

You say they aren't difficult and I've read guides on how to fly them (your description of hurricanes was great by the way and I'll keep referring to it!), but I just really struggle.

The fact I always sim with micro helis probably doesn't help. The only heli I'm really flying right now is my 150s, so I'm trying to sim as accurately as I can by using the 130x or M2.

I found out when I took the 150 out yesterday that the M2 is just too stable to be a good simulacrum - in real life the 150 is nowhere near as locked in. The 130x while a fair bit more squirrely is much closer.

DX9
Old 10-19-2020, 10:30 PM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You say they aren't difficult and I've read guides on how to fly them (your description of hurricanes was great by the way and I'll keep referring to it!), but I just really struggle.

The fact I always sim with micro helis probably doesn't help. The only heli I'm really flying right now is my 150s, so I'm trying to sim as accurately as I can by using the 130x or M2.

I found out when I took the 150 out yesterday that the M2 is just too stable to be a good simulacrum - in real life the 150 is nowhere near as locked in. The 130x while a fair bit more squirrely is much closer.

On the plus side, if you get really good at micros when you get a larger one it will be way easier and once you go past the initial shock of power and size you will feel right at home with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vultage and Beserkr like this.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:34 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

No Joke!!!! a 450 will feel more like the sim,.. and you will be amazed at how good you can fly compared to a micro! Fly a 700, and you will think gravity left the building,. and it flies is slow motion!!!! :O The difference is like opening the sim,.. choosing a model,.. flying it at 100% normal time,.. then setting the time scale to 65%!!!! That is how much easier it is to fly a bigger model!!!! EXCEPT,.... for the intimidation factor!!!! Following the AMA guidelines of flying far away from yourself and others,.. the bigger models are also much easier to see, and keep track of orientation,.. however,.. the fear of bank account depletion in the event of a crash is another story!!!
Beserkr likes this.

470LT, G420, G570, Chronos, T-Rex 600N and 700N
vultage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2020, 06:14 AM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's one of the reasons why I'm flying them

I do sometimes switch to the Oxy 5 in ARC2 if I'm trying to get the basics of a complex move (I've dabbled in the odd half-piro flip with it) but usually switch back to the 130x pretty quickly.

I've only taken my flybar 450 out a couple of times this year and I have to say you're right - after flying the 150s so much the 450 moved in slow motion
Though the flybar felt weird!

I did get chance to fly a 550x at my club (buddy boxed for my piece of mind, but the owner never had to take control off me) and I hear you on the intimidation factor! For that reason alone I'm quite happy to stick with the smaller models until I'm much more confident in my skill level...

DX9
Old 10-20-2020, 09:51 AM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally starting to feel comfortable doing piroflips!

AccuRC 2020 10 20 00 53 34 36 (0 min 30 sec)
beeflyer2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2020, 10:03 AM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow - very, very nice. You make them look easy.

Have you tried them in real life yet?

I can do half-piro-flips if I reduce sim speed to 40%
beeflyer2 likes this.

DX9
Old 10-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Wow - very, very nice. You make them look easy.

Have you tried them in real life yet?

I can do half-piro-flips if I reduce sim speed to 40%
Yes, I've been doing them for a long time but not correctly. I was just stirring the stick and not really keying off the orientations, therefore they were sloppy and not well controlled. After watching some instructional videos and putting in a few hours on the sim I have better control and more confidence now. Still needs some refinement but I am making progress.
vultage likes this.
beeflyer2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! I think I can learn from your stick movements there. I haven't been holding a constant rudder like you were. Cheers for sharing
beeflyer2 and vultage like this.

DX9
Old 10-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those things defy my understanding. I am not ready to try things such as that but wow - I don't know if I'll ever be able to wrap my head around such maneuvers! Great video!
Beserkr likes this.
XL Power Specter 700
Old 10-20-2020, 11:08 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
Those things defy my understanding. I am not ready to try things such as that but wow - I don't know if I'll ever be able to wrap my head around such maneuvers! Great video!
I once said the same thing about inverted forward circuits

But I hear ya - they're truly next-level moves and I think it will take a LOT of blood, sweat, toil and tears for me to master them!

But not yet - I'm trying to be structured and disciplined in my training. Now I have a reasonable handle on inverted forward flight, I'm going to 'master' inverted backwards and upright backwards before I really put any time in to advanced moves like hurricanes, funnels and piro-flips.

DX9
Old 10-20-2020, 11:14 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I once said the same thing about inverted forward circuits

But I hear ya - they're truly next-level moves and I think it will take a LOT of blood, sweat, toil and tears for me to master them!

But not yet - I'm trying to be structured and disciplined in my training. Now I have a reasonable handle on inverted forward flight, I'm going to 'master' inverted backwards and upright backwards before I really put any time in to advanced moves like hurricanes, funnels and piro-flips.
  • I so far can do upright forwards and backwards flight.
  • I can sort of do inverted tail first flight (is that forward or backward ?? LOL). I can do it, but have trouble maintaining a constant altitude and stringing together multiple 8s without crashing. I only do this in the sim so far.
  • I can do sloppy tail down funnels (non-inverted). Sloppy because I do not maintain a constant altitude. Also only done in the sim so far.
  • Of course I can hover in all orientations and do the slow piro thing whilst doing it.
  • Loops and rolls and crappy in place continuous flips and crappy rainbows also
vultage likes this.
XL Power Specter 700

Last edited by fiddle; 10-20-2020 at 01:23 PM..
Old 10-20-2020, 11:28 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like we're more-or-less at a similar level - you being a little bit further down the line than I am.

I should be picking up an M2 in the next week or so and hoping it will be a game changer for me, if it's as stable as in the sim and as people say.
Bigger helis are out of the question for me at the moment.
vultage likes this.

DX9
Old 10-20-2020, 12:19 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

My experience has been all over the place. But I have found some more advanced maneuvers make me realize something and then I try to do some basics. For me a mix of back and forth was worked so far although I don't know if that has slowed down my progress. It could be just my natural (in)aptitude for learning this stuff hehe.

My focus this cold weather sim season is as follows:

1. Funnels in all directions and orientations.
2. Half piro flip transitions.
3. Butterfly or whatever it is called, basically an 8 swapping between inverted and upright.
4. Funnel figure 8's.

And yes I am trying low hurricanes but those will be reserved for the sim for now even if I get them well. A crash during those would be catastrophic. Everything else I can do high or even a bit low and recover relatively easy.

That's kind of a big ordeal. Last season I also set very high goals and although they didn't come out perfect, I did reduce the gap between sim and reality quite a bit so that made me happy
Old 10-20-2020, 07:38 PM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nice! I think I can learn from your stick movements there. I haven't been holding a constant rudder like you were. Cheers for sharing
One tip to help practice and learn, most all piro moves, it was suggested to use a very low D/R on the rudder,.. ie:50% or so,... by doing this,.. you can practice by holding full rudder,.. aleviating the need to constantly work towards keeping a constant piro speed. I've not tried it, as I'm also afraid of this teaching me some bad habit,.. lol. It does seem like it could help.

For me,. I'm not quite doing constant piro flips, but I can say for sure, something that really helped me start learning them,. was going back to basics!!!!! Piro and hover,.. try to stay in one area. After that,... start moving along the flight line, while piroing (slowly is fine). Next,.. fly all the way left,... stop, and fly all the way right,.. all the meanwhile, keeping a constant piroette. If you have to stop rotating to catch yourself,.. don't fret,.. stop tail in,.. reorientate,.. then continue on! After that, I started piroing while doing figure 8s. Then,.. same thing while inverted. It really helps a ton to get your basics locked in! Once this became fairly easy,.. half flips,.. and piroetting funnels were within sight! I never think about stirring, or even trying to,.. you end up just doing it naturally as your brain is constantly correcting without thinking about it.
fiddle likes this.

470LT, G420, G570, Chronos, T-Rex 600N and 700N
vultage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2020, 05:50 PM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

AccuRC - SAB Goblin Kraken 700 - Saturday morning practice - crashed in the end :( (4 min 32 sec)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vultage and fiddle like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in