Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-rex 300x problem

I have a problem with my 300x heli, RTF version come with A10 transmityer. When I just hovering a few minutes, tail servo get really hot, and the heli is not stable when hovering. Gyro in the transmirter is set 80 by degault. Whay should I do to fix this issue? Thank you so much for any support.
Nhan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2020, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

seems to be normal. You can ramp down the tail rotor gain (from the transmitter) which will help some. Make sure there is good foam (not thin or hard) under the mini-GRS controller and that the sides are not touching the heli frame anywhere. Depending on conditions, the other three servos can get pretty warm as well if they are having to work hard to fight the wind (or the pilot).

Also make SURE the swash is level, otherwise the servos will be fighting a built in wobble as the pitch changes as the rotor revolves.
AMA #118235
BobHyatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2020, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your support, I will check all things you mentioned above.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just fought this same issue, and others.

First I noticed the servo was hot. Then your current issue. Next, it wouldn’t hold the tail at all and burnt out while in flight.
Threw in a MKS, reset the controller for the servo spec’s and now that area.

Me and this heli have a real love/hate thing going on at the moment.
Between BeastX issues, 250 size dfc arms it’s been a rocky road lately.
Just got her back together and was really happy again but kind of missed the 1” thick felt mat, and the tail blades just brushed the edge. No tip over or anything, and the tail slider broke,,,, now there’s damage to about $100. 😭

I love this heli, one of my favorite flyers, but damn if it sometimes doesn’t act like an angry 4 year old.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

In my case, i replace original tail servo ds455 with KST 215MG, it seem to be OK now. Maybe it is because the ds455 it self.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Align servos, what can I say? Only problems I ever had with their cyclic servos is a rare stripped gear, but the tail servos,,, never a fan.
Every tail servo from Align that I have had burnt out.

I was out of the heli’s for like 8 years. So, when I got back in I figured Align had to have gotten their act together. Hell, looking at their specifications, they looked phenomenal!
I picked up this 300x and what happens within 50 flights? Tail servo fried,,,, again.

My current favorite servo line right now is Torq.
I’ve had Torq servos in 1/3rd scale planes for over a decade and I now have them installed in my Oxy4 max and am very happy.

Now, I love all my Align heli’s, great fliers all, but sometimes they do cut corners, like the 250 size ball connectors, ( actually had one of those just split right down the parting line while in flight), or the 250 size dfc arms. They just can’t take the load of a larger airframe. Just compare the size of the 250 and 300 main blade size and it becomes apparent that they just got cheap.

Now my Oxy on the other hand, is on another level way above Align. Sure, you can’t get a low cost combo deal like Align gives you, but I would prefer a well made airframe and kit it out the way I want it.

Wish I had known about all the issues before I bought the 300, but that’s a risk purchasing a first release.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in