Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2020, 03:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 650x

I've got like six flights on it now helis pretty tweaked I'm settling with the 5,000 packs gens ace. at 2400 headspeed aggressive flights I'm getting 4 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200917_130502_8.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	881179  
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 650x

well snapped tt gears on heli. Heli spiral out of control and exploded in the air. I kind of saw this coming since I've broken T-Rex gears over the years. what a waste of money.. I've said for years that they should go to a direct drive belt and szabo laughed. garbage...
Old 09-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow that sucks. They should just machine the tt gears out of delrin like Synergy. There tt gears are strong. They work perfectly.
iheliflyer likes this.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 650x

they should have been doing that years ago. I figured I'd give the hell a try but all the Trexs I've ever owned seem like toys. I really feel that they need to go to a direct drive belt what else are they going to market as a helicopter?but like I said this isn't the first T-Rex I've snapped TT gears in over the years. that's why I mostly never fly them. the 650 was intriguing me with its size. but I don't know whether to buy parts fix it and sell it or just sell it as crash parts I don't know if it's worth it or not I haven't added anything up yet it's been sitting in the hobby room
Old 09-28-2020, 11:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheliflyer View Post
well snapped tt gears on heli. Heli spiral out of control and exploded in the air. I kind of saw this coming since I've broken T-Rex gears over the years. what a waste of money.. I've said for years that they should go to a direct drive belt and szabo laughed. garbage...
This was what concerned me as soon as I realised that the drivetrain had been lifted straight from the 600L Dominator (which itself was taken from the old 600e Pro). The tail drive on those helis already had a reputation for being weak, fitting a higher power motor and larger tail blades was unlikely to improve the situation
iheliflyer likes this.
Gob Kraken |Gob 700 BT 'T' | Gob 770 Comp | Gob 700 Speed | Trex 700X | SoXos Strike 7| Tarot 600| | XLPower 700 | Henseleit TDR & TDR2 | Kasama Dune | UK distributor Tarot 550/600 and OMPHobby ScotiaRC.co.uk
Smoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeskiken View Post
Wow that sucks. They should just machine the tt gears out of delrin like Synergy. There tt gears are strong. They work perfectly.
The gears are delrin, but they are just too small. The Synergy gears are far bigger. The really stupid thing is all Align needed to do was use the gears off the 700X which are much beefier.
iheliflyer likes this.
Gob Kraken |Gob 700 BT 'T' | Gob 770 Comp | Gob 700 Speed | Trex 700X | SoXos Strike 7| Tarot 600| | XLPower 700 | Henseleit TDR & TDR2 | Kasama Dune | UK distributor Tarot 550/600 and OMPHobby ScotiaRC.co.uk
Old 09-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 650x

yeah when I got it the gears look small they didn't look like 700 gears I was a little puzzled especially since it's a 650 bladed heli with a 700 power system swinging 2400 head speed is what the heli needs and wants...good job align . and good job Alan . sums up for making this crappy helly period and it's funny he smirked and laughed at me when I told him that they should build direct drive belt .he said oh there will never be one of those as long as I'm with align. said it to me right at ircha.. I laughed and said to myself good luck. someone sat in their own ways. and look you see the product of that this week ass 650 that cost me money
Old 09-28-2020, 02:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 650x

so I'm pulling the servos off of it now. it's been sitting in the hobby room crash for about a week period and of course all the bolts the heads of them are stripping out. such a cheap ass helicopter. if anyone's reading this thread and they're thinking about getting a 650x don't waste your money . let my loss be a lesson and help you out
Old 09-28-2020, 10:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm curious as to how you stripped the TT gears? Have built a few align kits and haven't had any issues with the fasteners or build quality...thanks in advance
beastx / helithunder Youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1X...s3ZRqyqpkMA11Q )
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2020, 01:18 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gears

well how do you fly? just a sport flyer or really aggressive with alot of reversals? and high headspeeds? if you just tow it around as a sport flyer with normal or low head speeds you probably never going to have a problem. but if you're flying high head speeds and doing hard stops and extreme reversals then you'll start seeing it I have stripped out multiple T-Rex tt gears on all the helis over the years since the beginning. it's not just a line though over the years I've had a lot of problems with JR helicopters century helicopters outrage helicopters. but this is 2020 and this is a brand new helicopter that they should be knowing what's going on with it when the building it
Old 09-29-2020, 03:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helithunder View Post
I'm curious as to how you stripped the TT gears?
The TT drive gears stripping is a long running issue on 600 Pro and 600L line of helis. If you look in the relevant forum you will see loads of posts about it. KDE even came out with a kit to ease the problem which may have helped a bit, but didn't cure the underlying issue that the gears are just too small. If you fly gentle to moderate then you will be ok, harder flyers could strip the 600 tail gears 'on-demand'.

It was IMHO inevitable when Align re-used the old 600 drivetrain but with bigger motor and bigger tail blades that this would happen.
iheliflyer likes this.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

iheliflyer I watched your last posted video( great flying skills) and I am like probably the other 98% of of pilots who will never even in my dreams fly like that...but I do like high head speeds and flying fast...will wait for more reviews from average pilots. Thanks for the heads up!
iheliflyer likes this.
beastx / helithunder Youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1X...s3ZRqyqpkMA11Q )
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 650x

well thank you. that video I think I was just playing around anyway but I would be careful of this heli as the other people on this post are saying about the tt gears on it are too small. obviously I found out the hard way on that one
Old 10-12-2020, 11:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 650x

ive sent emails to align in tw. and usa distributors. with no replies. this helicopter was not made right. it is unsafe. those tt gears suck.. DO NOT BUY THIS HELICOPTER...
Old 10-24-2020, 05:16 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alan Szabo is not man enough to sort out issues with Align, he is to blame for Aligns issues as he is involved with R&D, he is to blame, how stupid could someone be to use 600 torque tube gears and 550/600 main gear on a heli with 800 motor and 650 blades, they should have used 700 main gear and torque tube gears
iheliflyer likes this.
Andrew Jackson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2020, 08:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 650x

Amen you said it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in