Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 350QX

350QX Blade 350QX Multirotor Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pquayle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Update QX2 Software to V3 - Problems

I am trying to update my firmware to V3 however, I am getting no response from the quad. I am using a Macbook Pro and have tried the OSX and windows versions of the software. I have been through 1-40 COM ports in windows and still no communication with the quad. device manager recognises the dongle in the USB port and software is searching the correct port. I have tried on a desktop PC also COM ports 1-4. I have opened the software, pluged in the USB, powered up the quad, and run install update via the GUI over 100 times and not getting anywhere. Any suggestions at this point would be very welcome.
pquayle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2015, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi i had the same problem to start with as a newbie i am probably telling you how to suck eggs but i assume you are powering it up with a battery connected as i sat ther for ages just plugging in the usb and then playing around with the switch not realising you had to actually power it up with a battery

stupid i know
jwestwood74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2015, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Haha oh dear. Yep battery's in, the Mrs was getting a bit annoyed after the 20th time I turned it on given the start up tones, thanks though.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't think you could upgrade to FW3 using the GUI? FW3 is a pre-req for it work. You need to use the older FW update tool instead first, and then when on FW3 the GUI version of the tool will pickup the quad and let you do what you need.

Step #2 and point #6 in the screenshot;
http://bladehelis.blogspot.co.uk/201...rmware-30.html

The other thing could be the USB port you're connecting too. Both My Lenovo X1 Carbon (Win10) and Dell XPS13 (Win8.1) would not work with the dongle. USB drivers installed fine and the OS detected a USB device, but it refused to connect. Only worked on my PC (Win8.1) - so could be a chipset/ultrabook issue too as well as the above. Maybe a powered USB hub would do the trick.
thesilvercloud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2015, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilvercloud View Post
I didn't think you could upgrade to FW3 using the GUI? FW3 is a pre-req for it work. You need to use the older FW update tool instead first, and then when on FW3 the GUI version of the tool will pickup the quad and let you do what you need.

Step #2 and point #6 in the screenshot;
http://bladehelis.blogspot.co.uk/201...rmware-30.html

The other thing could be the USB port you're connecting too. Both My Lenovo X1 Carbon (Win10) and Dell XPS13 (Win8.1) would not work with the dongle. USB drivers installed fine and the OS detected a USB device, but it refused to connect. Only worked on my PC (Win8.1) - so could be a chipset/ultrabook issue too as well as the above. Maybe a powered USB hub would do the trick.
The GUI states that you have to be at a certain FW date to be able to advance forward. I think you'll need to do as instructed above THEN you can use the GUI.

I've not done it yet but that is how I plan(ned) to proceed.
BigAl07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Resolved, thanks for your help guys, the answer was in the link. The GUI does work to update QX2 to V3. You turn the quad on after you initialise the update! I was turning the quad on then initialising the update. Simple things hey. Thanks again.
tronyony likes this.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pquayle View Post
Resolved, thanks for your help guys, the answer was in the link. The GUI does work to update QX2 to V3. You turn the quad on after you initialise the update! I was turning the quad on then initialising the update. Simple things hey. Thanks again.
Really? I didn't know you could update from V2 to V3. So see if I am understanding this correctly..

A) download V3 update (I'm assuming I will need to extract the BIN file)
B) Launch GUI and initiate the update process (which I assume will me to locate the BIN file)
C) Connect the QX2 to the USB cable and this cable to the laptop
D) Power ON the quad and allow the update to proceed

Does that sound correct?
Old 01-12-2015, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
Really? I didn't know you could update from V2 to V3. So see if I am understanding this correctly..

A) download V3 update (I'm assuming I will need to extract the BIN file)
B) Launch GUI and initiate the update process (which I assume will me to locate the BIN file)
C) Connect the QX2 to the USB cable and this cable to the laptop
D) Power ON the quad and allow the update to proceed

Does that sound correct?
http://bladehelis.blogspot.ca/2014/1...re-30.html?m=1

thestone11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2015, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh and one more thing! Once you have updated to V3 you have to change some settings on your tx. And rebind. The rebind process is different from V2. Turn quad on and let it flash and beep then the back led will turn off. Put the quad up side down and wait for the led to star flashing. Turn it back on its feet and turn on tx and bind.
Robban is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excellent link and info

Thank you,
Allen
Old 01-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even it looks like "problems" are solved I would like to share my issues and the
work around I faced when trying to connect the GUI to my 350 QX2 (firmware updated to V3). So in case someone is searching for "COM" issue with the GUI this might help....

I startet the GUI and it told me it's connected to COM3, even though the programmer wasn't even plugged in.
When I plugged it in the device managed told me the programmer is mapped to COM5....
After hours of stuff I tried (uninstalling driver etc) I just by chance (accident) startet the GUI twice. The first instance still said connected to COM3 but the second search COM 10 AND COM 5 and voila that GUI connected to the copter and I could use the interface....
And I tried it now a couple of times and always starting it twice finds the copter/progammen on COM5....

wearp
wearp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2020, 12:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pquayle View Post

I know this is old but I just wanted to thank you for this. It just saved me from pulling all of my hair out.

Thank you,
Tony
tronyony is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in