Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters

Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Discussions

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2020, 04:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth3D View Post
ACE, Many thanks. I'll take your input, and keep the Kosmik on the D'7 and get the TelME.

I assume I can use the ProgDISK to flash the firmware on the Kosmik. At the time of my build Kosmik supported the ProgDISK. Maybe I can use the ProgDISK as an interface between PC and ESC and then use the K-Konfig PC software to flash the Kosmik. If this we're golden. If not, then I have to search for a ProgUNIT. Also, I'll need to install Windows virtual machine on my Mac. No windows in this house

Kosmik is well installed and super clean with all wiring inside my D'7 frames. Be a shame to tear it up to install a different ESC just to get telemetry. Additionally, Kosmik and my Pyro 800-48L work very smooth together. Theoretically, any Non Kontronik ESC should run that motor without issue, But I don't know this for a fact since I have not tried it myself.

Also a little surprised that none of you have even considered the Tribunus II 14-200 for your Diabolos!

Again, ACE and Dave many thanks for your time.
Glad I was able to help. Do you know what version firmware you have installed on the KOSMIK? You can tell by viewing one of the log files on the SD card. It's listed at the top of the file.

Yes, you can use the ProgDISC as a pass through with K-KONFIG. I don't know how well it works on a Mac though as I'm not a Mac user. Follow the instructions carefully and whatever you do, do not disconnect anything once the firmware process has started until it indicates it was successfully completed.
Ace Dude is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2020, 04:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
Ace, if you do this and it has the overhead for you, I might do the same on mine instead of going up to the Kosmik.

The peak amp rating of the 140 HV-I (per Kontronik) is 280A.

My very occasional peak amps are 170-180 but 95% of the time I average 130-150, so I think I'd be ok with the Kolibri 140 on it too.

That will save weight and $$ over the Kosmik.
I will keep you posted. I'm using a Pyro 750 on my Logo 700.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't know what version I have on the Kosmik. Didn't have a SD card in when I went flying this morning. I can install and SD and run it up to see If can read it. Else, I'll see if I can use the ProgDISK connection to read it.

Frankly, I am thinking I should just get a TelME and plug it in and go! I don't know what the latest version 4.17 will get for me. Description of the file references improvements for Groupner. I'm using Mikado VBCT.

I keep you posted when I can read the firmware version currently on the Kosmik.
Smooth3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2020, 06:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
clip

Also a little surprised that none of you have even considered the Tribunus II 14-200 for your Diabolos!

Again, ACE and Dave many thanks for your time.

I guess maybe you didn't see my related thread. Since I had a Tribunus 130 HV blow it's caps and crash my Diabolo 700 UL, I was not too keen on replacing it with another one.

Once a product fails me like that, I'm very hesitant to use another one. I know the V2 is supposed to be improved, but I was not willing to take the chance in a Diabolo 700 UL.

In addition, IMHO, the 14-200 is overkill for the 700UL. The regular 700 or 700 Black edition is a different story.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Maybe I can use the ProgDISK as an interface between PC and ESC and then use the K-Konfig PC software to flash the Kosmik. If this we're golden. If not, then I have to search for a ProgUNIT. Also, I'll need to install Windows virtual machine on my Mac. No windows in this house

I'm a Mac guy too and had no problem using Parallels and Win 10 to run the K-Konfig software on my 2012 Macbook Pro.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks.

Mine has an Xnova XTS 4525 YY-530 10P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dude View Post
I will keep you posted. I'm using a Pyro 750 on my Logo 700.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dave, many thanks for the additional info. and for including me in this loop.

I Understand 100% on trying a product who has once failed and ruined the day. I too really like my Diabolo 7 and don't want it to fail due to subpar equipment. I installed the best electronics in it that was available at the time "Kosmik, Pyro, MKS, Vbar, Blings etc..." All the online info about the "Tribunus II" features and its seamless integration with Mikado is very attractive. However the continued highly priced Kontronik and lack of seamless integration is a definite detractor. Granted at an addition nominal fee of $750 Kontronik will transmit telemetry data to Mikado Neo / Vcontrol with their newer HV-I products

Next:
I found an older 2014 MacBook Air in my stuff, it happens to have parallels and Windows-7 on it. It's charging now. Already downloaded the "K-Konfig_V1.3.9.exe " and "KUpdate_KOSMIK160HV-V4.17.exe" I'll attempt to use K-Konfig using ProgDISK as ESC -> PC interface to update Kosmik firmware to 4.17. I believe this is the correct process. Fingers crossed..

I hope using ProgDISK as pass through to PC, the K-Konfig will allow me to write setup info to the Kosmik (mode-4, BEC voltage, etc.) Really not excited if I have to setup parameters separately using ProgDISK, don't have a fond memory of that experience. I still won't be able to test the Vbar NEO governor feature and would just have to set VControl to use "External governor!"

I'll share results as I do this.

Cheers!!
Smooth3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

To be sure for my Kolibri I had to mode 1 mode 4 with the throttle then Kkonfig.
I am not sure if the Kosmik is the same programming sequence.
Smooth3D likes this.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittylube View Post
To be sure for my Kolibri I had to mode 1 mode 4 with the throttle then Kkonfig.
I am not sure if the Kosmik is the same programming sequence.
The KOSMIK programming sequence is the same as the KOLIBRI.
Smooth3D likes this.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you’re under 1900rpm and 13 degrees of pitch, JP120 works great. Heck I even have a Jive 80 on my thunder tiger e700 that I fly at 1700rpm on 12s.
Lynx Heli field rep. lynxheli.com
wstuart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup. I have a JP120 w / Pyro 750-56 on one of my Black 700’s (18t). I was skeptical it would work at first but having put maybe 20 flights on it and throwing everything I could at it trying to get it to shut down, I’ve come full circle to realize maybe the 200a I have on my other black is overkill.

It does get warm with the canopy on, but even then not scorching (I may try a car fan), otherwise it’s worked fine.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Ace,

Have you had some time to use the 140 HV-I on your Logo 700?

Just curious.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one in my Logo 700. Using a P750 and it has been flawless. I have about 40-50 flights with average amps in the low 100’s doing big air mild 3D.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Ace,

Have you had some time to use the 140 HV-I on your Logo 700?

Just curious.
Not yet, weather just hasn't been cooperating and now snow is forecast for Monday and Wednesday next week.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the report.

I beat on my L700 a little, so I average about 130-150A with occasional peaks of 170-180.

When I do a mild flight, my amp draw is similar to yours.

If I end up feeling the 140 HV-I won't handle my normal flight style, I will most likely get the new cool Kosmik 170 HV-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencerkey View Post
I have one in my Logo 700. Using a P750 and it has been flawless. I have about 40-50 flights with average amps in the low 100’s doing big air mild 3D.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, thanks. I was just thinking that if K has a price increase, it would be nice to decide on and buy the ESC before that happens.

Do you happen to know if/when they do price increases every year?

Quote:
Not yet, weather just hasn't been cooperating and now snow is forecast for Monday and Wednesday next week.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:32 PM   #37 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Ok, thanks. I was just thinking that if K has a price increase, it would be nice to decide on and buy the ESC before that happens.

Never seen a price increase myself
Old 12-12-2020, 09:50 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I don't know if they have a fixed schedule for price adjustments. I do know they do a very good job of maintaining a comprehensive price for their entire product line on their website (see the support section) and it's available in USD.

https://www.kontronik.com/en/downloads.html
Raptorapture likes this.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

The last Jive's I've purchased prior to last year were a Jive 80+ HV and HeliJive 120+ in 2011. The 80 was $410 USD.

That 80 ESC (in Pro version) is currently $397, so that has actually gone down slightly.

The other was a HeliJive for $570 and the last price I see is the same, so that's good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorapture View Post
Never seen a price increase myself
Old 12-13-2020, 01:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. I've seen that list.

It's nice that they provide that.

Quote:
I don't know if they have a fixed schedule for price adjustments. I do know they do a very good job of maintaining a comprehensive price for their entire product line on their website (see the support section) and it's available in USD.

https://www.kontronik.com/en/downloads.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in