Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spektrum FBL System > Spektrum FC6250HX

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheLover3
  • 1 Post By nubs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2020, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Jumped the gun, alittle help please???

Just getting back into the heli game, im pretty newb with all this new FBL stuff. I have and older dx7s, great radio, never had issues with it. Just picked a 450 pro fbl and wanted to get the latest fbl controller so bought a 6250 setup.... but now I think im realizing that my dx7 is not new enough to work with this fbl controller.

Someone care to tell me other wise if im wrong?

The heli i got came with a align 3gx that I know will work. I just need to get a sat rec for it. Either that or go get my self a new radio. I was really waiting for the new nx8 to hit the shelves but I might need somthing sooner.
JStilt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2020, 01:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
This is a good way Spektrum found to lock the owner into their product line. I hate that. Indeed you need a compatible transmitter to do so (or I missed something). The programming cable is just to make the firmware updates ...

Bad luck you bought 6250 one, I hope it was second hand and not too price

Rgds
TheLover3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2020, 01:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This is a good way Spektrum found to lock the owner into their product line. I hate that. Indeed you need a compatible transmitter to do so (or I missed something). The programming cable is just to make the firmware updates ...
It wouldn`t work with a Jeti, Mikado, Futaba, or else. Otherways, a V-Bar or Spirit, Brain, Microbeast, whatever...wouldn`t work with any Tx aswell, you need a compatible Rx. So it`s not about Spektrum, it`s about knowledge.

Old stuff works fine with old stuff. Brandnew FBL (and Spektrum FC6250HX is the latest FBL they made) will work poor with old stuff, since it has options wich were not invented when the old transmitter was made. Now its all done by foward programming today.... Spektrum has released new airware, to make older Tx compatible.
Now how can we blame Spektrum for this?
Old 12-11-2020, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't blame Spektrum, we move forward with technology with them, and that's great. I hate the idea, I don't hate Spektrum or any other brand. I just blame the guy that bought that without being well informed

But at least they could make an app on Pc to be able to program it. They have the technology (usb firmware update), so why not making some screens to update the config ? Or via Wifi/Bluetooth if they want to be modern.

About other brand you mentioned (Jeti, Mikado, Futaba), prices are not the same, not the same public (?), so maybe there we could imagine this is not a problem as money is less an issue ?

I stop that discussions, because this is just a matter of opinions and everyone has its own opinion.

@JStilt, I would not by a new transmitter for a 450, except if you think you could renew all your fleet. Stop loosing money, just buy a simple rx dsmx to add to your 3gx and make it fly
The_Fox likes this.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLover3 View Post
But at least they could make an app on Pc to be able to program it.

They have on that's in Beta testing. There's a short discussion about 4 post down from the top.
The_Fox likes this.
nubs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2020, 01:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info, so it could be a mid term solution for JStilt

Have a good day
Rgds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in