Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2020, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 200s w/DX6i - Tipover / stability mode problems

Hey guys, the internet is such a mess trying to find an answer on this.

-Settings straight out of the manual for DX6i
-stability mode (all switches 0)
-once throttle is applied, swash bottoms out to the right. Obviously if I try to give it more throttle it will just tip over. Nothing I can do to correct the heli from thinking this full on right pitch is "level".

I was able to get the heli to takeoff and fly very stable by putting it in intermediate mode and setting dual rates down to 25. So basically mimicking stability mode without the stability.

The digging I did do seemed to point to me needing to do a trim flight. I guess to teach the unit where level is and that should fix this...?

What I don't understand is why is the unit not figuring out what "level" is during the initialization process when you plug in the battery? I thought that was the whole point of "make sure not to move the heli until the servos initialize"...?

Anyways, as always, I appreciate any help. Would just like to know if that is the next logical step... having to setup a NIB 200s which in my opinion should have been done before it left the warehouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2021, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi. That's a really common problem. Trawl through this 200SRX forum and you will find about 3 different ways to tackle this. Start with Junkmans sticky Pick which one suits you. And it will happen again some time in the future and sometimes for no apparent reason.
This is the best forum by far to sort this out.
Maturecruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2021, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Maturecruiser, thanks for the reply. Judging by the views on this thread, I can only assume that a ton of people type this problem into google and wind up here.

I did read his sticky and thought it to be questionable advice. Unless I read it wrong, he is basically saying to adjust the linkages for a level swash.

I did not think that could be right because then what would happen when I switch to intermediate mode? Again, just to reiterate, my heli is good and stable in intermediate mode and advanced. Stability mode is where the swash just bottoms out to the right as soon as throttle is applied. I feel like it wants to go further out of whack but there is not enough throw on the servo arms

I dont have the heli in front of me at the moment but am almost certain that I dont even have enough range on those linkages to level out the swash.

I mean no disrespect by the way and realize that Junkman provides more info and help than most in this subforum.

For reference here is the portion from Junkman's sticky that I am talking about...

"So here's what I did. I removed the screw that holds the linkage onto the aileron servo and rotated the linkage a few teeth CLOCKWISE. I then put the linkage back on the servo and initialized the chopper again. BINGO. Problem solved. Now I can trim it out the rest of the way as per the instructions in the controller manual."
Old 01-05-2021, 01:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I cant remember the exact reference but I used with success the tied down heli method. It wasn't perfect, but it did stop the violent left dip on takeoff and then allowed me to do a normal trim flight. I only have trim flight success on a totally calm day and thats a rarity in Perth. Keep looking
Old 01-05-2021, 01:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check the very first page of Junkman's. It mentions there the blades off method. And that has also worked for me. Its a starting point before the standard trim flight.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I forgot to mention that I was looking at RCGroups Junkmans Beginners Guide to Repairing Blade 200SRX
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Blade-200-SRX
Old 01-05-2021, 07:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, that trim flight sounds exactly what I need to do. I like the idea of locking it down to get a perfect 30 seconds of level.

Thanks for the heads up, I just hope that I can get into that mode with my dx6i. If successful, I will post back here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in