Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jhamel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2021, 01:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)
Default FlySky FS-i6X three position switch [SOLVED]

On DIscord, Ade helped me to get my FS-i6X working with AccuRC.

It works quite well, but there is an anomaly I thought I'd discuss via HF rather than Discord.

The switches on the FS-i6X seem to work differently from the ones I'm normally used to on the other TXs I use.

For the two-position switches, two channels are used. Say Button1 and Button2. As you flick the switch, Button1 goes from 100 to 0 and Button2 goes from 0 to 100. This is not a problem for AccuRC since you just select one of the two buttons and run your function off that.

In the case of the three-position switch, it's more complicated. Position1 = Button1 100, Button2 0. Position2 (Middle) = Button1 100, Button2 100. Position3 = Button1 0, Button2 100. In other words, to determine the position of the switch you need to interrogate two items.

There doesn't seem to be any way for AccuRC to handle that, is that correct?

TIA,
Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)

Last edited by PaoloFCantoni; 01-17-2021 at 06:36 PM..
PaoloFCantoni is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2021, 05:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a similar issue with the vcontrol touch hooked up via USB. It was with the switch I use to change banks. I found there was no way to not have two of them activated at once (RPM2 and RPM3) since the final throw was a different 'button'. AccuRC seemed to take the last one activated tho so it let me switch to RPM 3 even though RPM2 remained active as well.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 04:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last I remember, AccuRC prioritizes one of the banks when two banks are active at the same time, and defaults to one of the banks when no bank is detected. I don't remember the banks order of priority at this time, but this is how you get all three banks in a 3-way switch.
PaoloFCantoni likes this.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

it defaults to rpm 2 with no switches activated. with the use of the invert toggle its easy enough to get them to work as you want.
Ade_Law is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)
Default Not that easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_Law View Post
it defaults to rpm 2 with no switches activated. with the use of the invert toggle its easy enough to get them to work as you want.
Not that easy... Ade!

I tried various combinations and I could not get three separate RPM selections for any combination I tried. I wasn't clear in the OP that I was trying to select the RPM(1,2,3) using the only 3-position switch on the TX.

Remember Position1 = Button1 100, Button2 0. Position2 (Middle) = Button1 100, Button2 100. Position3 = Button1 0, Button2 100. In other words, to determine the position of the switch you need to interrogate two items.

So, is it possible, it seems to me not, but you guys are the experts. Can you suggest how I might set up the Functions page to select the three different RPMs with the three-position switch?

TIA,
Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
Old 01-13-2021, 06:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
Last I remember, AccuRC prioritizes one of the banks when two banks are active at the same time, and defaults to one of the banks when no bank is detected. I don't remember the banks order of priority at this time, but this is how you get all three banks in a 3-way switch.
Doesn't seem to work that way any more. See my reply to Ade. I'm trying to set up the three RPMs to switch on the 3-position switch.

I can only get AccuRC to select 2 of the three RPMs with the combinations I tried.

Paolo
Old 01-14-2021, 05:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloFCantoni View Post
Remember Position1 = Button1 100, Button2 0. Position2 (Middle) = Button1 100, Button2 100. Position3 = Button1 0, Button2 100. In other words, to determine the position of the switch you need to interrogate two items.
thats pretty much how my vcontrol touch behaves (except i think rpm2 and 3 are reversed which button).

RPM 1 - select button 1. Move slider thingy to encompass were dot is when in position 1

RPM 2 - select button 2. Move slider thingy to encompass where dot is when in position 2

RPM 3 - select button 1. Move slider thingy to encompass where button 1 is when at 0.

You may wind up with only RPM 1 and 3 (or RPM 1 and 2) now that I think about it. You'll have to test.
XL Power Specter 700
Old 01-14-2021, 04:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, fiddle,

The logic analysis says you can only ever get two out of three positions to work. The exact set depends on how you set up the Functions entries. As Meatloaf sang "2 outta 3 ain't bad". but it would sure be nice to get all three.

Sounds like we need to enhance the Functions UI for certain TXs.

@AccuRC team - no other way?

Paolo
Old 01-15-2021, 01:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ade was saying it defaults to RPM2 with no switches on, and that there's a reverse toggle.

What he seems to be saying is use that toggle in AccuRC to reverse the effect these buttons have - so your position that currently has them both on, has them both off.

Both off will activate RPM2, so you can then assign one button to each of the other two modes.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
myxiplx is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2021, 01:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
Ade was saying it defaults to RPM2 with no switches on, and that there's a reverse toggle.

What he seems to be saying is use that toggle in AccuRC to reverse the effect these buttons have - so your position that currently has them both on, has them both off.

Both off will activate RPM2, so you can then assign one button to each of the other two modes.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Thanks, myxiplx! I get it now. Unfortunately, the TX is at work and I'm already on my way home for the weekend, so it will have to wait until Monday for me to try it out.

Paolo
Old 01-15-2021, 05:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I may have hit some reverse toggle switch also when setting up. I can't remember. Also, I would head into sim to check if it works. I recall thinking it wouldn't work looking at the setup screen, but when I got into sim, it did work.
XL Power Specter 700
Old 01-17-2021, 06:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloFCantoni View Post
Thanks, fiddle,

The logic analysis says you can only ever get two out of three positions to work. The exact set depends on how you set up the Functions entries. As Meatloaf sang "2 outta 3 ain't bad". but it would sure be nice to get all three.

Sounds like we need to enhance the Functions UI for certain TXs.

@AccuRC team - no other way?

Paolo
I was right, with the analytical logic, at some time you need to sample BOTH switches!
BUT (and it's a BIG BUT!), you can also (once you know that if NO switches are active, it will assume RPM2), you can IGNORE both switches!

After a bit of "futzing around" at work, I realised that if RPM2 is set to "None" - i.e. NO switches, I could then set RPM1 and RPM3 to sample the states of the appropriate switch and get the three RPM settings from the combination of switches!

Ade was, of course, right, but if you don't understand what's going on, it can be cryptic (until you get it).

Hopefully, this will help someone else!

Thanks again all!

Paolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in