Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spektrum FBL System > Spektrum FC6250HX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2021, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pitch and roll adjustment questions

I have a question about this part of the set up. I had adjusted my blades to get the 12.5 but now the swash barely moves in roll, and pitch. I had to adjust this down to 2 on roll and I think like 42 on pitch from the 75. Also when adjusting these settings do you adjust while holding the stick to the right for roll and back for pitch? Or do you move the stick then let go back to center, and adjust then move it back again?
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2021, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Disconnect motor or remove pinion for safety.

Activate throttle hold.

Center collective stick 0 degrees collective.

Cyclic AFR's

Blades parallel to the tail boom.

Make sure center stick is 0 degrees on the roll axis, after moving the stick allow the swash to center again and recheck your 0 position.

For the roll afr hold the stick full right and adjust the roll afr to achieve 12.5 degrees.

Double check.

Blade perpendicular to the tail boom.

Make sure center stick is 0 degrees on the roll axis, after moving the stick allow some time for the swash to center again.

Hold the stick full aft and adjust the afr to achieve 12.5 degrees.

Double check.

You can also check left and forward cyclic, if the value varies slightly just average the adjustment. For example if roll is 12.5 right and 12.1 left then adjust roll afr to provide 12.7 right and 12.3 left providing an average of 12.5.

You are adjusting the baseline for the fc operation when doing this, the goal is to let the fc know 12.5 degrees is x AFR.

AFR lower than 70 and you begin losing resolution, the model will still perform well however it would be better to adjust the servo arm length to get the AFR between 70 and 90.

AFR between 75 and 85 is best

AFR between 70 and 90 is good

AFR higher than 90 3d pilots may loose flip rate due to the servos hitting the limits

Collective AFR between 40 and 60 is good
Old 01-27-2021, 04:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbremer View Post
Disconnect motor or remove pinion for safety.

Activate throttle hold.

Center collective stick 0 degrees collective.

Cyclic AFR's

Blades parallel to the tail boom.

Make sure center stick is 0 degrees on the roll axis, after moving the stick allow the swash to center again and recheck your 0 position.

For the roll afr hold the stick full right and adjust the roll afr to achieve 12.5 degrees.

Double check.

Blade perpendicular to the tail boom.

Make sure center stick is 0 degrees on the roll axis, after moving the stick allow some time for the swash to center again.

Hold the stick full aft and adjust the afr to achieve 12.5 degrees.

Double check.

You can also check left and forward cyclic, if the value varies slightly just average the adjustment. For example if roll is 12.5 right and 12.1 left then adjust roll afr to provide 12.7 right and 12.3 left providing an average of 12.5.

You are adjusting the baseline for the fc operation when doing this, the goal is to let the fc know 12.5 degrees is x AFR.

AFR lower than 70 and you begin losing resolution, the model will still perform well however it would be better to adjust the servo arm length to get the AFR between 70 and 90.

AFR between 75 and 85 is best

AFR between 70 and 90 is good

AFR higher than 90 3d pilots may loose flip rate due to the servos hitting the limits

Collective AFR between 40 and 60 is good
Ah ok excellent!
My values were below the 75 on the pitch and roll, I’ll have to look at it again but I believe I had like 43 on roll, and like 65 on pitch, so I would need to adjust the swash up or down in order to get better values??
Because on roll I believe it was I had like 18-19 degrees pitch at the 75 value!

Thank you so much for the info! I hope this system flies as good as it is easy to set up!
It’s just those little variables like how to handle the issues of the settings that do not quite stay in the area needed for a nicely set up heli.
It didn’t say anywhere in the manual about what value range to be in like you just told me. At least I didn’t catch it anywhere!
Thank you!
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in