Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JimJW
  • 2 Post By Bladecpnitro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2021, 05:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ok so now I've.....

Taken all the expo's out of my radio and have learned to use the many pages of gyro setup in workbench to make the Logo 700 start to really feel like a flyable, usable power house RC monster.

Taking the exop out of my radio and using stick expo in the gyro made the heli feels free and not so rigid, stiff and locked into one position.

I'm not saying I've mastered them or even understand all of the functions.This is just the beginning!

I just need to know now, I've found a gaming PC with an i7 Processor, fresh windows 10 and an EVGA GTX 570.

Can someone tell me if these specs are up to par? This card doesn't have a lot of memory. Thanks in advance!

https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/...5-CB03917301E7
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2021, 05:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

AccuRC will definitely play on that setup.

The graphics card is pretty dated and will limit your resolution & brings into question how old the CPU is.
Beserkr likes this.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

As Jim said you may be OK with that setup.

It does sound like a dated system though. The GTX570 was released over ten years ago, which is aeons in the tech world. How much RAM does it have?

Here are the minimum specs for ARC2 taken from it's Steam page:

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel/AMD Dual Core 2GHz; Quad Core 1.5GHz, eg. Core i5-4210U, Core i3-2125
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 610, Mobility Radeon X1800 or Radeon HD 4250, Intel HD 4000 Graphics (Mobile), Intel HD630 Graphics (Kaby Lake)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space
Additional Notes: These specs will give you 60FPS on medium graphics with no anti aliasing at 1920x1080. We recommend to not use less than 60FPS as it may impact the flying experience.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i5 Quad Core 2.5GHz or AMD equivalents, eg. Core i5-4430, AMD FX8350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 650 or Radeon R9 270, Nvidia GTX680M or Radeon HD7970M
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space
Additional Notes: This setup will allow you to max out all settings and get 60FPS at 1920x1080. Note that for VR you will need a higher end GPU, like a GTX 760 or above, depending on the resolution of your VR Headset.

If you only want a cheap PC to run the sim, then go for it.

But, if you think you'll want to play other games, or use any modern software which requires graphical horsepower, I'd try to get something more up to date.

I do get that it's hard to get modern graphics cards at a reasonable price these days though (the rise of cryptocurrency mining, production issues due to COVID and scalpers). My 4-year old GTX 1060 6GB is worth more now that what I paid for it!

Likwise, the i7 line goes back years too, so your processor could be outdated too.

I've been building gaming PCs for years, so happy for you to PM me if you'd like specific advice

Blade 400 '3DX' | 150s | OMP M2
DX9
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjxIBBszfXNcHtNCM7dbELg

Last edited by Beserkr; 01-25-2021 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: Clarity
Beserkr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2021, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
AccuRC will definitely play on that setup.

The graphics card is pretty dated and will limit your resolution & brings into question how old the CPU is.
I don't know how old the CPU is its in a Dell 8700 but specs say that 4th generation came with i5 or i7 CPU's.

I just thought the Graphics card killed the deal but maybe not.
It only has 1280 MB of GDDR5 where todays cards have 2, 3, 4 and 8 gigs.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beserkr View Post
As Jim said you may be OK with that setup.

the i7 line goes back years too, so your processor could be outdated too.

I've been building gaming PCs for years, so happy for you to PM me if you'd like specific advice

Ah! Youv've been building Gaming PC's for years? Im in the right place then thanks!

This PC is a Dell 8700 comes with 8 gigs of ram expandable up to 32 gigs.

Here are the specs https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/a...uide_en-us.pdf
it seems pretty powerful, I have no idea how old it is.
I just thought the Graphics card was under spec. They probably just threw it in there to get it gone.

What Im running on now is a Dell Inspirion 560, Intel 3.2 Ghz Dual Core.
Which might with a good graphics card be enough but CPU's now are so much more.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

That Dell 8700 will probably run the sim OK, but it may need some experimentation with the graphics settings in the sim to get it working as smoothly as possible. It won't give you the best possible experience, but it should work.

What's the asking price on that Dell?

A good question to ask yourself is what you will use the computer for, and how much time you'll spend on it.

If you use your computer a lot, and plan on spending a lot of time in the simulator then spend as much as you can afford on a new PC.

That Dell will be OK, but the more you can spend, the better your experience will be. Think of it as a tool. If you expect to get heavy and extended use from a tool, it makes sense to buy the best you can.
Another 'mistake' I've seen a lot of people make with PCs is that they buy a really expensive case, CPU, GPU etc etc and then get a cheap monitor, mouse and keyboard.
Think about it - those three things are your interface with the PC - you stare at the monitor the whole time you use it, touch the keys every time you type...

So why skimp on them?

DX9
Old 01-26-2021, 04:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beserkr View Post
That Dell 8700 will probably run the sim OK, but it may need some experimentation with the graphics settings in the sim to get it working as smoothly as possible. It won't give you the best possible experience, but it should work.

What's the asking price on that Dell?

A good question to ask yourself is what you will use the computer for, and how much time you'll spend on it.

If you use your computer a lot, and plan on spending a lot of time in the simulator then spend as much as you can afford on a new PC.

That Dell will be OK, but the more you can spend, the better your experience will be. Think of it as a tool. If you expect to get heavy and extended use from a tool, it makes sense to buy the best you can.
Another 'mistake' I've seen a lot of people make with PCs is that they buy a really expensive case, CPU, GPU etc etc and then get a cheap monitor, mouse and keyboard.
Think about it - those three things are your interface with the PC - you stare at the monitor the whole time you use it, touch the keys every time you type...

So why skimp on them?
I spend more time than I need to on computer.

I just have started really hitting the sim hard again being sick to death of Covid-19 and the election.

The asking price is 350.00 bucks for the Dell 8700 and I'd have to drive 45 miles to get it if its still available.
I'm not too interested in one of those lit up expensive cases. If the lights can be turned on and off I'd try one but I wouldn't spend an extra fortune on it.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMHO $350 is a rip-off for that PC, even going by UK pricing. It is likely 8-10 years old.

Even assuming it comes with just one of the cheaper low-end Dell monitors, I would say no more than $150-200 (roughly) is much more reasonable. EDIT - even $150 may be a bit generous

Bearing in mind (by your own admission) you spend a lot of time on the computer, I'd recommend spending more if possible and get something modern and brand new.

If you can afford $700 you will get a PC which will be MUCH faster and likely last you at least another five years or more.

I've had a look at some US online PC retailers and can give you some pointers as to what to look at...

DX9

Last edited by Beserkr; 01-26-2021 at 06:02 AM..
Old 01-27-2021, 05:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you don't mind Beserkr yes I'd like a list of things to look for.

I picked up a Dell Inspirion 3847 i5 Dell from a local PC shop yesterday that at least allows me to run AccuRC on Ultra high with 1920x1080 Screen at 60 frames. Its onboard Intel 4600 Graphics is way down the ladder compared to good Graphics cards but there is at least a place for a Graphics card later.
Ade_Law and Beserkr like this.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

On with a few things at the moment, but I'll PM you when I have some a bit more time

DX9

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in