Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2020, 07:57 AM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I hope you are listening to Skids Up those guys are killing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
I wouldn't know what mine sounds like ... I keep the volume low and the podcast volume up while I sim
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2020, 05:11 AM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
I hope you are listening to Skids Up those guys are killing it
LOL - I do! I also listent too: Free Fall RC, The Heli Heads Show, and the Telerotor podcast. I was also listening to the BKRC Podcast and Inverted Down Under as well, but they seem to have stopped releasing episodes.

Then, I also listen to various Detroit Lions podcasts as well. I seem to listen to a lot of podcasts ... too bad I'm not simming during that whole time.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2020, 07:10 PM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

AccuRC SAB Goblin Kraken 700 - Practice flight (7 min 8 sec)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fiddle and SyncRate like this.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:02 PM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

AccuRC - SAB Goblin Kraken 580 practice flight (4 min 41 sec)
fiddle, Beserkr and SyncRate like this.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
Old 02-07-2021, 09:12 AM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

Toad I'm very impressed! Those funnels and switches particularly are great and something for me to aspire to!

I finally think I'm getting to the point where I can start practicing those myself.

Poor weather has had me grounded for a while now, so been hitting the sim hard!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cGn...ew?usp=sharing
fiddle likes this.

Trex 550X | Blade 400 '3DX' | OMP M2 | Blade 150S
DX9
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjxIBBszfXNcHtNCM7dbELg
Beserkr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2021, 09:50 AM   #266 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! Iíve been using Heli-X lately due to a technical issue I am trying to work out with AccuRC as I also stuck to simming for many months due to weather. I know people fly in the cold and I tried it myself but Iíve stopped doing it. Simming during that time has helped me progress so I canít complain too much

Old 02-07-2021, 09:54 AM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just saw your video that was nice. Little helis are much harder to fly especially on the sim. I tend to fly 700ís even though the biggest one I own is a 570.

Old 02-07-2021, 11:24 AM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks! I’ve been using Heli-X lately due to a technical issue I am trying to work out with AccuRC as I also stuck to simming for many months due to weather. I know people fly in the cold and I tried it myself but I’ve stopped doing it. Simming during that time has helped me progress so I can’t complain too much [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/IMG]
What's the issue?

I don't mind flying in mind cold too much (last time I flew it was about 2-3įC... About the limit for me to fly). Main problem here is even a few days after rain, the places I can fly tend to stay waterlogged and muddy. My M2 got a little mucky last time out!

Quote:
I just saw your video that was nice. Little helis are much harder to fly especially on the sim. I tend to fly 700’s even though the biggest one I own is a 570.
Thanks! So satisfying to be able to fly upright backwards finally, that's always been a bit of a thorn in my side. Very true when people say you need to be disciplined and learn the basics first. Everything is starting to slot together now!

I think I will switch to a 700 size for a while when learning funnels and hurricanes, just to help get going.

Though probably should learn flying sideways circuits first.....

DX9
Old 02-07-2021, 04:38 PM   #269 (permalink)
Registered Users

We are at -17 C itís really cold this month. But I still donít fly even at say 10 C I just donít enjoy it.

I have a thread in the AccuRC forum about the issue but I suspect it needs a bit more horsepower than what I have at the resolution I want. Will try to drop and see what happens. Tried less resolution but looks really bad and the issue was not solved.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:24 PM   #270 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ooof that is cold! I don't mind low temps so much, as long as the humidity is low. Tends to be high here in the UK winter, and a damp cold really gets to me.

I've had a good read of your other thread and will post there.

DX9
Old 03-16-2021, 05:02 PM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

Iíve been getting my sim time in the last few months usually averaging 15 mins per session. I learned basic FF and upright maneuvers many years ago.

I took a break from Helis and got back into them probably 10 years ago with hit or miss flying, nothing really consistent but since getting the sim Iíve been working on all orientations of inverted hovering, inverted flight, basically all orientations of inverted, now progressing into some decent inverted flight. Iím almost to the point where if I do ďdumb thumbĒ I can recover from it 99% of the time.

Where to go from inverted is my next step? Maybe itís time I actually took a couple of my helis out and got a feel for them before I start advancing more on the sim?

What maneuvers did you guys do as you gradually got better? Did you master one before trying another? Was it just transitions of flying? Trying to figure out whatís next in perspective of difficulty.
Old 03-17-2021, 05:22 AM   #272 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still in the process of learning. My flight at the field is somewhat behind my sim flight. Here is how I have progressed so far:

hover all 4 orientations upright -> upright forward figure 8 flight both directions -> inverted hover all 4 orientations -> upright reverse (tail first) figure 8 flight both directions -> inverted tail first figure 8 both directions -> inverted nose first figure 8 both directions (in progress) -> disk in tail down funnels both directions (in progress).

I am up to upright reverse flight at the field as of last year. I am coming into my third year in the hobby. Once I am completely confident in a maneuver in the sim, then I take it to the field. I keep my finger on rescue the first couple times and try to do it when no one or very few people are there.
PLANETGETLOW and SyncRate like this.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #273 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
Where to go from inverted is my next step? Maybe itís time I actually took a couple of my helis out and got a feel for them before I start advancing more on the sim?

What maneuvers did you guys do as you gradually got better? Did you master one before trying another? Was it just transitions of flying? Trying to figure out whatís next in perspective of difficulty.
Assuming you can fly all inverted positions, tail first, nose first, etc., I think after that I went into moves centered around piro (hover, piro flips, basic circuits, piro funnels, etc.). Piro hover is a good exercise, but get to the point where you fly out and come back - intentionally. Progress to completing circuits and so on. Great big world out there for piro flying and movements. Can be tough to grasp at first a lot of it, but keep at it and parts of it will start to click little by little. Slow the sim down to around 50-60% to at least give you a shot at completing as it allows you to see where you are messing it up. Resolve and slowly bring the percentage back up. Move to the next item. Simplified, of course.
Beserkr likes this.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2021, 03:09 PM   #274 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Assuming you can fly all inverted positions, tail first, nose first, etc., I think after that I went into moves centered around piro (hover, piro flips, basic circuits, piro funnels, etc.). Piro hover is a good exercise, but get to the point where you fly out and come back - intentionally. Progress to completing circuits and so on. Great big world out there for piro flying and movements. Can be tough to grasp at first a lot of it, but keep at it and parts of it will start to click little by little. Slow the sim down to around 50-60% to at least give you a shot at completing as it allows you to see where you are messing it up. Resolve and slowly bring the percentage back up. Move to the next item. Simplified, of course.
I can do a half or front prior but trying to tie them together seems hard for my brain. The timing on the flip is tough
Old 03-18-2021, 05:48 PM   #275 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
I can do a half or front prior but trying to tie them together seems hard for my brain. The timing on the flip is tough
If you can do the half from upright to inverted and back, your halfway there. Try slowing the sim to 50% and putting them together.
PLANETGETLOW and SyncRate like this.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2021, 09:01 PM   #276 (permalink)
Registered Users

And the RAW on AccuRC. Sneak peek from the Alpha version.

SAB Goblin RAW on AccuRC computer simulator (4 min 25 sec)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in