Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tonys-heli

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2021, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex-500xt front tt gear mesh

The mesh is super tight on my front gears and binds up a little in a couple spots. I have the gear pressed all the way in on the bearings, and it has a noticeable sound coming from the gears when flying. The rear gears are smooth and quiet, is this something I should be worried about? Or should I just fly it.
BentPushrod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2021, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know that this is an old thread.

I am running into the same problem on my new build on the 500X. The front torque tube gears have a "tight spot" and are not smooth as silk. I have pressed the tube gear in all of the way. I improved the mesh a bit by rotating the gears 45 - 90 degrees at a time till I found the best spot.

Curious on how this got sorted or if anyone else has run into this. I'll probably just "send it" and see if they wear in over time. Yes...I have an old Trans Am and a SS....

Thoughts?
Old 09-27-2021, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me three. lmao. I had to change my front gears last night and It had the original whites in it, swapped to the blacks and it's louder when you spin it by hand. And it has one spot that seems tighter than the rest. If you look at it close while spinning it, it almost looks like the gear wobbles some. I hate you can't set the mesh on these. besides having to deal with messing with bearing placement.

I wish someone made metal gears, I can deal with the extra noise, just don't want to have to swap them out again.
jshultz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2021, 09:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess Align tightened up the mesh on the gears some. I know the old 600 pro that I flew was known to strip them. Especially after the power increase and if running a higher gain on the governor.

The tight mesh in spots sure does make it noisier than it should be. It doesn't seem to cause a vibration so maybe the fbl won't notice it too much.

Thanks for chiming in and confirming that "I am not the only one".,,,other than the original poster. I also talked with a local guy. He ran into the same problem on his 470. Went through all of the sets of gears he had reassembling the 470. No matter what he did, there was a "tight spot" on them no matter which way he turned them.

I guess we need to get used to tighter gears on the front.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

this is why most mfg's have belts. nothing has changed in aligns tt/gear setup. just get it close and fly it.
MeekaMoMo likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in