Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Bergen R/C Helicopters

Bergen R/C Helicopters Bergen Intrepid 90 Intrepid Turbine Observer Industrial Twin Observer Turbine Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2020, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What happened to Bergen

Hi all. Been away for a bit and noticed there aren't a lot of threads here anymore and the Bergen website seems to be gone.

Did they shut down?
KernelSanders is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2020, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I emailed Chris a while ago about the website, he said that they are moving/changing it and it will be back soon. This was before covid took off.....
floating around is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2020, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bergen ?

Hi guys

I am thinking the same as you ... whats happened here ?

I bought a 44 magnum about 8 years ago ... and never quite got round to finishing the build ... so i just a few weeks ago got it dusted off and decided to see about getting the last 10% finished .

I also noticed the bergen website seems to have disappeared and there is just an air-helicopters.com forum that just seems to be a mirror of Helifreak here ... but no actual heli / drone website .

It looks as though all the old Bergen regulars may have moved on to other things ... I hope not though ...

Hopefully this covid downtime may inspire some of them to dust off their old machines and get them back in the air .

And hopefully Chris gets back in touch with an update ... and some contact details .... please :-)

Are you guys still flying bergens ?

cheers

Ian
wolfmanjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see so much weird info on these guys. First phones are down and can't get them working and then website is down, but we'll be back. Just email me and I'll get back with you and not a word anywhere from them. Who really knows what they are up to.
dschertz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2020, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmanjack View Post
Hi guys

I am thinking the same as you ... whats happened here ?

I bought a 44 magnum about 8 years ago ... and never quite got round to finishing the build ... so i just a few weeks ago got it dusted off and decided to see about getting the last 10% finished .

I also noticed the bergen website seems to have disappeared and there is just an air-helicopters.com forum that just seems to be a mirror of Helifreak here ... but no actual heli / drone website .

It looks as though all the old Bergen regulars may have moved on to other things ... I hope not though ...

Hopefully this covid downtime may inspire some of them to dust off their old machines and get them back in the air .

And hopefully Chris gets back in touch with an update ... and some contact details .... please :-)

Are you guys still flying bergens ?

cheers

Ian
Bergen only sells complete assembled test flown heli's now
no kits

He was/is selling repair parts last I heard for hobby flyers

But thats been a while back
Old 04-24-2020, 06:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Banshee Rider

It would be nice to know that they are still selling spares and supporting their helis …. and if so , how to contact them to order and for advice etc …..

But its not only spares … I dont actually need any just at the mo , since i havent yet completed my build and had my first crash … yet …hopefully in the not too distant future though :-)

It's , was more about the community and sharing of information and QnA’s etc … I was a constant lurker for quite a few years and it was an interesting place to pop into of an evening and see who had been doing what …

Maybe some of the old regulars still pop by occasionally ………. ?

cheers

Ian
Old 04-24-2020, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,

I can say that Chris is still active. I have a Bergen Intrepid Turbine and have ordered parts and have currently parts on order without issue. You can contact him on his FB page.
Bergen is mainly building commerical drones these days.

Thanks Pierre
pierredelica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2020, 06:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Pierre

I looked at the FB page , and was very interested in the 3 blade head , wondered if it would fit on the turbine ... might have been a better mod than going FBL ..... then i noticed it was 2 years old .... dosent seem to be much happening there either ... last post was a year ago .

Do you have any real contact details ?

cheers , Ian
Old 04-25-2020, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ian,

Saw that too. Chris can be contacted at

[email protected]

Be patient as he has several jobs.

He will get back to you. He has parts for the helis no problems. I’ve had several orders recently and have one currently in process.

Thanks Pierre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-27-2020, 12:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats good to know Pierre .... thank you .

I have just sent him an email , so hopefully can get in contact again .

cheers

Ian
Old 02-16-2021, 05:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any news about Chris activity?
dsirc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2021, 10:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

He's been active on FB lately. Scroll up and grab his email address and send him a note if you're looking for something.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2021, 06:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Guys!
I've been meaning to give Chris a call, but been so caught up in business activities. Will probably reach out to him this weekend. My Intrepid EB Gasser is still airworthy and I am actually intending to fly it this weekend. I have hopes of restoring my Intrepid EB Turbine sometime.... "but Too many toys, not enough time"
Keep well all!
Cheers, Cletus

Cletus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2021, 05:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Cletus,

Nice to see you still you still have the Bergens, I have my EB Intrepid turbine running. Just replacing all the running gear bearings and reassembling. I have removed the heatsinks for the frame and modified the front mounts using the standard clamp system for turbine at the front. I have left the rear as it was as its fine. My frames are in quite good condition. I has ordered some items last year from Chris and then covid hit so paused the order. I have since sent him an email saying that I will be processing payment but awaiting a reply. Being in Melbourne Australia we got locked down for 5-6 months last year so everything stopped.

Pierre

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in