Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yakky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2021, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Oxy2 tail wag issues

So I’m trying to get my oxy 2 flying right, but have major tail wag. It’s running a msh micro brain2, and align ds425M tail servo. I’ve checked all the mechanics and everything moves nice and smooth like with zero slop, tail servo is working as it should. I’ve gone all over with my gains and the wag either gets sharp and violent or slow and sloppy. I can’t seem to get a solid hold. Any suggestions on what I should be doing would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance and happy flying!

Chris
OneLove_86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2021, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You've got all the symptoms of mechanical issues. It its slow with low gain then gets out of control with higher gain, something is binding. Spool up the heli with no blades and the tail servo disconnected. Move the tail rod back and forth, should be buttery smooth.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2021, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My links all needed major work to loosen, now it flys great. I had the best success scoring an extra ball with an exacto knife to re-size the links. The test is the link should fall under its own weight. Try this first and see if it fixes the issue.

TRM Power
CAUTION - my posts are based on my experiences, yours may be different.
fastflyer20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2021, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I’ll look at both ideas, will probably take the tail apart and clean and lube it up.... I appreciate the help guys
OneLove_86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2021, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

On mine, after reaming tight ball links,changing servos, changing fbl unit. Changing bad new main bearings. turned out to be the HB governor. Now running spirit gov. No wag. Drove me insane
ducal is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2021, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducal View Post
On mine, after reaming tight ball links,changing servos, changing fbl unit. Changing bad new main bearings. turned out to be the HB governor. Now running spirit gov. No wag. Drove me insane
Yeah, I need to add remove governor in my troubleshooting steps, its so easy to forget that as a culprit. And its the easiest one to fix.
Gyropilot likes this.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in