Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CANNON-FODDER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2021, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V120D02S Delayed Spinning

Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone out there is still flying this heli but thought I'd try anyway. I've been flying this heli for a while and have had relatively few problems. The odd gear that needed changing etc... but that's expected.

I was flying yesterday when, all of a sudden, my heli started spinning. I thought at the time that maybe the battery had suddenly died or something and replaced all of the broken bits. Took it out again today and exactly the same thing happened. Was flying fine for a minute or two when it suddenly starts spinning. Pretty sure that this time the battery was fine and the heli was in perfect working order when it took off. Didn't seem to be much wrong with it when I picked it up either (apart from a broken gear at the end of the tail boom that I suspect came from the tail rotors hitting the grass)... so don't think there was a parts failure.

Am reluctant to fix it a second time and I'm getting through my spares box. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar with this heli. It's a long shot, but thought I'd try anyway.

Cheers,

Richard
foxycub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2021, 05:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Managed to fix it myself finally. Took practically the whole heli apart and rebuilt it this morning, completely replacing all of the gears. Seems to work OK now.

Must have been a gear slipping somewhere. Odd that it only seemed to start happening after flying for a minute or two.

Anyway, since I'm here I have another question for (former) V120D02S pilots. With the V120D02S being obsolete and spares getting harder to find, what heli did you move on to?
Old 03-06-2021, 07:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't, I moved close to DC and didn't want to mess with the FRZ. Now I moved away, but have two toddlers, so will be a year or two before I get back to anything that requires more attention than a HZ Cub.

Was figuring I was going with Blade or jumping to one of those FPV racing quads.

I don't get on here often, but if there is something specific you can't find, I have some parts buried in the box room.
foxycub likes this.
CANNON-FODDER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2021, 02:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks very much. I'll let you know if I need anything. Have a small box of spares but it's always the skids and gears that seem to break.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in