Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion > Electric Motors Winding and Repair

Electric Motors Winding and Repair Electric Motors Winding and Repair Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2019, 01:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

As we speak NBCSN is televising DRL. This industry has done more to push hobby electronics than any other in the last few years. So airplane pilots may not like them or their motors but I sure do. All the drive technology that has developed since their introduction is simply amazing. Its not a joke because on top of the drive work that has been done they work with some of the best robotic engineers in the world on communication infrastructure as well as AI for these TOYS. Lockheed Martin to name a few. When the last time a major network showed an rc plane race or any rc hobby for that matter ?

https://thedroneracingleague.com/drl-sim-3/

The leaders currently are
1. Nurk (US)
2.Dunkan (France)

Last edited by 1BOHO; 11-14-2019 at 01:48 AM..
1BOHO is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2019, 05:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default This is a good argument against the rs2205 if any one needs it

https://rfengfpv.wordpress.com/2017/...ency-analysis/

In the test the max thrust was still produced by the rs 2205s over all others but Cobra killed them all in efficiency BY ALOT!!! wow what do you know another US product wins......

Do u see Brother Hobby as the benchmark in these test? Do you see the efficiency brother hobby tornado 2600Kv at the very bottom of all others compared on the same prop?

"The Cobra CP2205-2500 puts in a remarkable performance, being the most efficient across most of the throttle range and losing out only to the much less efficient Emax RS2205S-2600 in terms of outright maximum thrust. The Lumenier MX2206 puts in a strong showing in second place, especially considering that it weighs 1.8g less than the Cobra. Its better efficiency at the very top end of the throttle also means that it will not have as high a C-rating requirement for batteries, it draws a maximum of 31A compared to 34A for the CP2206-2500, for only about 50g less thrust."

The one difference in my test will be the new drive with a Beta-flight FC with low pass and notch filtering to see if it can raise the number. I hope "we sees" that 3.1 watts per gram @ 980 grams of thrust is not anywhere near the top of this off the shelf pile. Every motor in the test tops this @ >1000 grams except the 2600Kv brother hobby which the <250g expert speeder pilots seem to relish brand despite the illustrated subpar performance in efficiency I guess some body they know and respect flies it...... wat a big wheel friend.......

Last edited by 1BOHO; 11-16-2019 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: bad grammar ;)
Old 11-16-2019, 12:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Imma come out with my own motor company and we gone see whats up.....

You know, you could possibly broaden the efficiency band on the top end on all these by using calculated slot wedges of magnovol or possibly just g10. The fluid would do it but you're all scared you cannot make speed with low rpm so why waste time anymore. I'll go my own route from the crowd on that. I do not get it. I don't even think CHX2 rolls with me on that but its 100....

With the increase in torque and actual thermal conductivity from the stator to the to the shell of your beautifully heat sinked bells, rolling with "the fluid" you might could wind a little shorter and run lighter higher current. 1 or 2 s SiC setups, do you feel me bruh? You might could, do a lil something where torque and light weight at, but ya'll know err thang, so imma holla back at ya'll later...

Christian, bro bro. U know we tight till the end baby boy. Were friends forever I love you man Regardle$$.... BTW That GT63 you pushing she Right Bruh...

Last edited by 1BOHO; 11-16-2019 at 01:13 AM..
Old 11-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mr Highspeeds

Besides ferro fluid doesn't have to be in the gap to cool. With my internal cooling sleeve it can pull heat directly out of the stator from the yoke side bruh. A wind cools the rotor. This way the gap is free and can leak all over the place since you guys want that in 10 pole multiples. Im not truly impressed because it is not the most dominant topology you could have. Open teeth are 1 solution but not the only solution to high torque. Certainly there are cleaner options harmonically speaking with better power factors. If there is some valid information that states otherwise please share it. Im flooded with research papers daily and I read them all.

Holla back.

Dang I almost forgot. Anyone other than me wonder wats under the "hood" of the cobra? Yeah u are. I'm looking right now. I've got to know whats different. But a photo may not say the right 1000 words.

Last edited by 1BOHO; 11-16-2019 at 11:09 AM..
Old 11-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Max axial cooling with that prop forcing air directly on these winding. It is airy. The lay looks much more orthocyclic but I still would ld say the pm look fairly basic.The straight pm changes the pm to tooth offsett angle geometry and that can have benefits towards ripple reduction if the complimentary stator tooth head is designed correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cobra-cp-2205-2300kv-big004.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	826319   Click image for larger version

Name:	1_18.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	826353  

Last edited by 1BOHO; 11-16-2019 at 11:41 AM..
Old 11-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

But they have new motor now 2206.

Geo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cm-2206-20i-l-big.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	826327   Click image for larger version

Name:	cm-2206-i-bottom-l.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	826329   Click image for larger version

Name:	cm-2206-i-top-l.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	826331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cobra CM2206 20.png
Views:	81
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	826333  

Last edited by 1BOHO; 11-16-2019 at 11:49 AM..
Old 11-16-2019, 11:43 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

But you see you gotta pay US. $25.00

Imma have to cop one or two maybe. I'd love to wind US. Imma holla back at y'all.

later...

Last edited by 1BOHO; 11-16-2019 at 01:38 PM..
Old 04-08-2021, 07:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,
Some of the American pilots wont like it but I have to say it. Yuri Virchenko creator of the xplus assertions are not always fair and seems to critique everything but his avionic knock offs I read his comment of rc groups and do not appreciate them. It's a shame his baseless reports about APD customer service because he doesn't know the guys at APD at all. All he knows is how to sell Americans for his plane. If you have an issue with APD contact Steve Neu or me and Ill direct the issue to AJ personally and they will work to resolve the issue. Impatient hobbyist forget Australia had huge fires everywhere during those times and that's more important than your xplus flying the way you want it to. My relationship with APD established at Mercedes Benz obviously isn't through any hobby circles. Im sure the constant critical mouths they care less for and likely the reason they are not very active in a thread where they have given us a great high end military grade product. Companies like MGM comp pro are no more helpful to people outside their element trying to reconfigure advanced controllers with only a fleeting understanding of what they are doing. With APD or any other high end unit if you aren't that savvy, and you know if you are or not, the drives can be sent to you preprogrammed for your applications. Great controller from a really superb designer. He doesn't know what it takes apparently. Yuri should stick to selling his planes at the same price as the real thing. If you are considering buying APD go for it. Don't listen to him as the only thing that's good is his planes. You see the F5D/B world champions certainly doesn't fly his plane and definitely uses APD as his choice after using it. Not one of them had it in their hands or had any relationship with the company before the "Strange American" and thatz real. Personally I don't care for individuals that try to sell me their product in Pm's then on the open forum try to throw shade when you don't agree with one of their pilots about something they know nothing about. A MOTOR. He did that to me so to me he is an opportunistic individual out for profit and Im so glad I didn't buy the plane. Like it or not that was my experience. I still have the copy of all those pm's because its a necessary process needed for people when they come out into the public forums and misrepresent for a coin

My words on "DBOX". and I know it will piss some off. In advance I apologize to everyone it does but him because has no relationship with APD. They are a very capable bunch and will stand behind their product. Tony's drives will run your external rotors efficiency into the ground. Build one that can take it to its revolutionary limits and don't be mad they wont sit online in a rc forum with you all day and tell you a bunch of things about the drive that you don't understand but their competition does. You have to be real. These companies are not huge and they have real contract with the big dogs and are going to prioritize. If you cant wait buy a mystery....

Later
Hubert

Last edited by 1BOHO; 04-08-2021 at 09:44 AM..
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in