Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spektrum FBL System > Spektrum FC6250HX

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brianbremer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2021, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tuning FC6250HX

well, had first flights on my new Logo 480 and FC6250HX; I'm still dialing in tail gain but what I can't address is a strange behavior when I give a good amount of positive collective.
Heli in hover, pretty steady (slight drift to the right as expected), collective (about 10) governed RPM follow, tail is spot on, but it pitch backward with elevator (3/4 I can say)
On the bench swasplate is level and it run perfect from -12/+12
AFR on collective is 52, Roll and Pitch 85, so it should be within the optimal setting.
In level forward flight if I apply a good amount of collective it doesn't seem to react as in hover.
Maybe dialing in the PID could solve this; I'd like to read something about this, just as the sticky thread from Brian about PID for tail.
freeride1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2021, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

C.G. being off a little can cause the model to tilt slightly on ascents and descents.

Low cyclic gains can result in the tilt as well. You should probably be up around 75 on roll/pitch p and i gains, varies a little based on blades, servos, and head speed but that is a good starting point. Roll d = 7 and pitch d = 14 pretty much covers every model.

3/4 does not sound like a lot though.

If the model drifts the same every time probably cg related, inconsistent is probably to low of cyclic gains.

Normal mode may drift a little in stronger winds but Stunt 1 or 2 should hold solid. Double check to be sure you set the fwdprg->setup->throttle->hover so the fc knows when you are in normal mode.

I posted a thread on setting up the cyclic gains here a while back, I'll see if I can find it and request a sticky.
N3croscope likes this.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

had a bad CG that I've addressed yesterday; never had a chance to fly it yet due to bad weather here in north Italy this week
On the bench servos are fine, no binding, heli is almost new (8 packs at the moment) and have to tune it.
By the way I like how it fly
Flown in IU 1, THR hover is set @65% as suggested.
I've gone through this forum section searching for PID explanation, but found only the one about tail.
freeride1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in