Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 130S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used superglue/crazyglue (cyanoacrylate) to glue the servo motors so that they didn't get pushed up or get free and disengage the servo gear / wheel, making sure non of it got on portions of the small gear or circuit board or anywhere else it didn't belong. I don't know if this is a built-in break-point for the servo motor to pop-up during a crash, but I discovered 'this' during a chicken dance takeoff -- I was in a grass baseball field and I tried to take off from the box the 130s came in, and it was too slippery/smooth, and the 130s just did a chicken dance / flip, then the servo motors disengaged/poped-up, the main gear stripped, and that was it for crash damage. The main blades are flyable.

Speaking of taking off: how do you guys take off when you are in a grass field? This heli takes off great from hard surfaces like pavement/asphalt. But grass - not so much. May be there are better landing gear that can lift this thing up a couple of inches above the grass, so it's not affected.

Anyway, I flew my firmware re-flashed, repaired (superglued servos + new main gear) 130s for 4 flights and it was fine -- no issues, other than the tail sometimes whipping around during figure 8 flights.

My radio is DX8 1st gen. I take off in IU-0 - Stability mode, then flip over to IU2 - Agility mode. I don't know when SAFE is active -- haven't tried it yet. And I haven't yet flipped my 130s to try some inverted hovering and flying. Still getting used to it and the high head speed that is much closer to the 180cfx than what I am used to for the past couple of months -- my mcpx bl's.

I set my Throttle Hold pitch curve to be linear (0-25-59-75-100), as opposed what they had in the manual. I think I may have set my IU-0 pitch curve to be linear as well instead of 40-45-50-75-100.

My Throttle Curves are: IU-0 0-48-66-75-80 (or I set it linear instead), IU1 -- 80 across, IU2- 100 across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfre View Post
It is to keep the motor from sliding and spin until it burns.
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a 2x10 I thrown down in the grass or I have a piece if ply wood its a 3x3 sheet depends what closer at the time . the hot glue works great on the servos just watch it around the 3rd battery mine started to drip because of the servo heat. if it gets inside the raise lower shaft ur gonna have problems.
when I did my servos I glued the tops of them. I think anywhere you glue them will work well though
Mainboom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2017, 07:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainboom View Post
I have a 2x10 I thrown down in the grass or I have a piece if ply wood its a 3x3 sheet depends what closer at the time . the hot glue works great on the servos just watch it around the 3rd battery mine started to drip because of the servo heat. if it gets inside the raise lower shaft ur gonna have problems.
when I did my servos I glued the tops of them. I think anywhere you glue them will work well though
I also learned the hard way that the 130S can not takeoff in grass
Since I fly the 130S in my backyard, I take off on the concrete and fly over the grass. I am not landing on the grass either unless I really don't have other options because the tail blade is quite fragil and it does not take much to break it.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

my biggest problem with the 130s is the wind but I took care of that and bought an oxy 3 lol
Mainboom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2018, 01:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had my 130s crashed on grass rotor blade first, hit TH before impact caused some damage on the main gear but all the teeth still in tact. If rotating manually every time the damaged spot contacts the pinion, it makes a mild click sound. During flight at lower rpm it makes rapid annoying constant click sound. Flight performance wise I can't tell any difference. if this was yours would you replace it with a new main gear?

Am totally new to dual brushless cp heli. Never had a issue with main gear before since I just graduated from nano and mcps.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited by koopa137; 06-27-2018 at 02:57 AM..
koopa137 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2018, 07:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you expect to see a few more crashes or even just hard landings, then I would continue using it myself. Next crash will more than likely see it damaged a lot more, i am amazed you got away with such little damage from this first incident. The main gear ussualy gets damaged very easily in my experience.

So yes, if you don't mind the clicking and it's flying ok, I would keep using it. On the other hand, if the crash was a one off and you dont expect anymore incidents with it in the near future, then I would just replace it.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had a skid get caught in the grass while taking off in idle up (twice) causing the poor thing to do a short and violent chicken dance before I hit throttle hold. Thumped down hard twice due to mistake in set up. So far has cost me 2 landing gears and one body. (old body is still flyable, but has a small hole in the nose). Other that that my 130 S has been totally reliable after about 50 flights. Unfortunately I have been too busy to fly it as much as I would like. It fits my back yard perfectly! For me, it is a great little heli!
eskrima is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2018, 06:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 View Post
If you expect to see a few more crashes or even just hard landings, then I would continue using it myself. Next crash will more than likely see it damaged a lot more, i am amazed you got away with such little damage from this first incident. The main gear ussualy gets damaged very easily in my experience.

So yes, if you don't mind the clicking and it's flying ok, I would keep using it. On the other hand, if the crash was a one off and you dont expect anymore incidents with it in the near future, then I would just replace it.
I just had another incident a hard touch down that broke the landing skid, so I ordered a couple of main gear, tail rotor, skid and a servo just for back up. All the servo motors slipped after the first incident, got me surprised as the crash wasn't that hard. So I pushed them down and applied some liquid electrical tape, which has worked great, so far

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
koopa137 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2021, 09:47 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys!

I have read (I think I have) about people updating the firmware on their 130S's.

How exactly is this done?

Thanks.

(I do have the USB Programming Cable)

EDIT: Disregard. I was using the wrong software. Was trying to use Updater instead of Programmer.

Last edited by StubbornSwiss; 05-03-2021 at 06:48 PM..
StubbornSwiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in