Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By xxxntwv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2021, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spektrum NX10 throttle not smooth

I am just getting back into the hobby after 30 years and got a new NX10 a couple of days ago. The throttle gimbal just doesnít seem smooth to me. It takes a small amount of pressure to move it and then it moves all at once making it hard to keep a level hover. Iím not saying there is a lot of drag but my old Century 7 radio is smother on the throttle. I tried to adjust the tension screw but it doesnít seem to make a difference. Maybe Iím doing it wrong? Is this just the way it is or am I not doing something right in the adjustment procedure? Thanks.
scroller95969 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2021, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroller95969 View Post
I am just getting back into the hobby after 30 years and got a new NX10 a couple of days ago. The throttle gimbal just doesnít seem smooth to me. It takes a small amount of pressure to move it and then it moves all at once making it hard to keep a level hover. Iím not saying there is a lot of drag but my old Century 7 radio is smother on the throttle. I tried to adjust the tension screw but it doesnít seem to make a difference. Maybe Iím doing it wrong? Is this just the way it is or am I not doing something right in the adjustment procedure? Thanks.
That's the way spektrum radios are. There is a thread on modifying the dx9 throttle and the same applies to the nx series. You can also try greasing the tension plate inside the radio,if your comfortable disassembling the radio I would do the teflon tape mod.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
jhamel and Beserkr like this.
xxxntwv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2021, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I adjusted the tension on mine a little and it’s much smoother than my DX9 ever was
Old 03-01-2021, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravmano7 View Post
I adjusted the tension on mine a little and itís much smoother than my DX9 ever was

With my nx6 no matter what tension I set it was still sticky. A little grease fixed mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxntwv View Post
Quote:
I adjusted the tension on mine a little and it’s much smoother than my DX9 ever was

With my nx6 no matter what tension I set it was still sticky. A little grease fixed mine

The NX6 has different gimbals than the NX10
Old 03-01-2021, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

The gimbals donít have anything to do with the strap that applies tension to the throttle stick

Old 03-01-2021, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got the nx10. The throttle is OK, but the tension on the other sticks are more than I like. I've backed the tension off several turns . The tension is still more than I like. Anyone know the limit on the number of turns that can be made on the adjustment.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxntwv View Post
Quote:

The gimbals don’t have anything to do with the strap that applies tension to the throttle stick

The whole setup is different from the DX / NX 6-8. More like the IX20 from what I’ve read in the RCG thread. Anyways my throttle stick is much improved over my DX9. Although I flew my 9 with no mods without issue. The cyclic stick was tighter than I’m used to, like posted above. But was able to adjust it to my liking no problem.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just assume now that any new radio will benefit from a Teflon mod. Iíve done the Teflon mod on each and every single radio Iíve owned over the past several years with very noticeable collective stick smoothness improvement. I consider the Teflon Mod the ďgreat equalizerĒ of collective sticks.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotPin View Post
I just got the nx10. The throttle is OK, but the tension on the other sticks are more than I like. I've backed the tension off several turns . The tension is still more than I like. Anyone know the limit on the number of turns that can be made on the adjustment.
The tension screw will hit the tx housing when you move the stick before the screw will fall out. That will define the limit.

Last edited by RCFred; 05-06-2021 at 02:16 PM..
RCFred is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in