Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2021, 10:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe telemetry? Version 5.2.4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210509_215943_1620612046507.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	916991  
DX8 g2
Vrooooom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2021, 10:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far no change I can find.

Last edited by Vrooooom; 05-09-2021 at 10:32 PM..
Vrooooom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2021, 01:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys,

Updated firmware from 4.1 version to 5.2.4 version so had to re-set everything up.

When trying to teach the BeastX 6 degrees of pitch at menu point K it doesn't give me enough pitch to get 6 degrees. It also jumps back to centre then to full deflection when stick is moved about left and right after the initial push to try and get 6 degrees.

Can't work out what is going on as its behaviour is totally different to previous versions.

Anyone else had this?

P.S -Same mechanical set up on V4.2 had no problems and measurement are with the blades inline as in the 5.2 manual.
leadlag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2021, 04:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The 6░ set-up Step is J not K - on both V4 & V5.

Step K is where you set your desired pitch range ie maximum positive and maximum negative pitch, once you have established 6░ in Step J.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MB v5.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	920705  

Last edited by Cyclone7; 06-08-2021 at 04:31 PM..
Cyclone7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2021, 06:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone7 View Post
The 6░ set-up Step is J not K - on both V4 & V5.

Step K is where you set your desired pitch range ie maximum positive and maximum negative pitch, once you have established 6░ in Step J.
Hi Cyclone,

I am using Manual 5.2 with corresponding which appears to be the right one to be using? The one you posted is that for versions below 5.2? In the 5.2 they have swapped them about.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My apologies - I have just downloaded the V5.2 manual and of course, you are quite correct. I should have remembered that as it has cropped up before! I have stayed on V4.2 so I am not really that au fait with V5.

Returning to your problem - are the cyclic servos' frequency and swash mix correct in the earlier steps? Are the Tx trims disabled/set to 0 with no mixing and the swash type set to 90░ Normal in the Tx?

Are you sure that you are on V5.2? Sorry to ask such obvious questions but the Step K response that you are getting does beg their asking
Old 06-09-2021, 05:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My apologies - I have just downloaded the V5.2 manual and of course, you are quite correct. I should have remembered that as it has cropped up before! I have stayed on V4.2 so I am not really that au fait with V5.

Returning to your problem - are the cyclic servos' frequency and swash mix correct in the earlier steps? Are the Tx trims disabled/set to 0 with no mixing and the swash type set to 90░ Normal in the Tx?

Are you sure that you are on V5.2? Sorry to ask such obvious questions but the Step K response that you are getting does beg their asking
It's easy to be confused with so many revisions on the menu in each version. I have all my units on 4.2 and was happy but I wanted to back up my settings as I was swapping units and it would make it easy with a back up but the latest studio software obligates you to version 5 to do this so I thought maybe it was time to do the lot of them.

Don't be sorry about asking me obvious questions as sometimes that is the place to look and I appreciate your help
Every menu is set correctly and works correctly. The only menu point that I can't get to work is K and it doesn't behave as it should. The Transmitter settings have not been changed when I flew on V4.2 the day before and are as they should be.
As far as version the studio X software is stating 5.2.4.

I have messaged Freakware for help. My next port of call is flashing V 5.1 and see what it does.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

You obviously know your way around a BeastX so I would be surprised if you haven't checked and double checked your set-up menu for the obvious - as you say, it is worth asking the questions though.

It does sound to me that when you are in Step K of 5.2.4, it is not in reality actually in the 6░ set-up?

Is the swash at 0░ when you move into K and what are the lights doing when you are in Step K? Also, what happens when you press the set-up button to exit K to move on to L(even though you haven't achieved the 6░)?

Bear in mind that I have no practical experience of any version beyond V4.2 so I am fumbling around in the dark as much as you. I am hoping that Sutty might pick up on this as he is quite a whizz at BeastX problem solving

Last edited by Cyclone7; 06-09-2021 at 07:16 AM..
Old 06-09-2021, 08:37 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You obviously know your way around a BeastX so I would be surprised if you haven't checked and double checked your set-up menu for the obvious - as you say, it is worth asking the questions though.

It does sound to me that when you are in Step K of 5.2.4, it is not in reality actually in the 6░ set-up?

Is the swash at 0░ when you move into K and what are the lights doing when you are in Step K? Also, what happens when you press the set-up button to exit K to move on to L(even though you haven't achieved the 6░)?

Bear in mind that I have no practical experience of any version beyond V4.2 so I am fumbling around in the dark as much as you. I am hoping that Sutty might pick up on this as he is quite a whizz at BeastX problem solving
Ok, I have figured out what I have done wrong and its user error. RTM CAREFULLY rings true, especially if you're a experienced user as small details change-

In 5.2 there are two functions not one like older versions- in the Swashplate servo throw menu (6 degree)
If you tap rudder it jumps in and out of measure position and aileron is used to move it. I must of been hitting a bit of rudder by accident.

Thanks for you help Cyclone, it was all me being a dumbass.
sutty and Gyropilot like this.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:15 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great news - always deeply satisfying to resolve a problem which I have learnt is generally attributable to user error where the BeastX is concerned. I am an absolute BeastX devotee because I have found it to be so reliable and uncomplicated...... and which is why I stick resolutely to v4.20!

Now to try and commit your experience to memory, for the future - as you have said, the subtle program changes can become quite confusing between the various versions. Glad that you got it sorted out - everyday is a new learning experience in this hobby
Old 06-09-2021, 05:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good work in sorting it out. Doesn't matter how it comes about, solving it is a good feeling.

I had read your post, but had nothing to offer, and you'd already posted that it was now K, so that was all I had too, that 5.2 changed a few things.

Not to blow my own trumpet, but honestly, and I may have mentioned this already recently, I wrote to Walter at BeastX, more than ten years ago now, and suggested to them to redesign this step with the ability to actually check J (now K), in exactly the way they have now implemented it.

Don't know whether he remembered, or just thought it would be a good idea off his own bat, but at the time he wrote back to me saying it couldn't be done because there were so many manuals printed with it operating the way they already said.

Manuals are now out of the window, sadly, imho, and it's all Wiki this and Wiki that, so I suppose they finally decided they can change anything they want, including the letters for each step, which is super duper confusing for all of us.

Progress.
Gyropilot and Cyclone7 like this.
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2021, 02:45 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't understand the aversion that a lot of people seem to have to studying a manual(not in this instance, I hasten to add!). It is clear on many of the radio related forums though, that a lot of new owners of products seem to bin the manual along with the packing.

Perhaps it's a generational thing, but for me half the pleasure in buying new equipment is in poring over a glossy manual, discovering things that you didn't know your new kit could do.

Having said that, forums like this do provide so much more than a manual can, so we are very fortunate to have both these days as things inevitably evolve (and very often become less intuitive!)

Last edited by Cyclone7; 06-10-2021 at 03:08 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in