Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Johnny31297
  • 2 Post By nheather
  • 2 Post By Ade_Law
  • 1 Post By nheather

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2021, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Why so few fixed wing

Okay,I know this is a helicopter forum but why are there so few fixed wing aircraft in the sim.

Especially given that when you launch the workbench you are treated by a slide show of rendered pictures - and there are just as many fixed-wing as helicopters many of which don’t exist in the simulator.

Cheers,

Nigel
nheather is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

WIP for V3
nheather likes this.
Johnny31297 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2021, 03:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
WIP for V3
When is V3 due? I first saw news of it on Steam back in August 2019.

Cheers,

Nigel
Old 05-26-2021, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

When it's done. It's in alpha right now.
Old 05-26-2021, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
When it's done. It's in alpha right now.
But ball-park, are we talking this year, 2022, 2023, later?

Cheers,

Nigel
Old 05-27-2021, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jonas has already answered that question.

It's a public alpha. Nothing stopping you using it now.
Lots of us have been using it for months with no issues.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardv View Post
Jonas has already answered that question.

It's a public alpha. Nothing stopping you using it now.
Lots of us have been using it for months with no issues.
He didn’t quite say that. Until yesterday I had no idea that it was in Alpha and until this morning I had no idea that the Alpha was available to the public.

So how do I get hold of it?

Cheers,

Nigel
richardv and wab223 like this.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

i really wish people would look at the FAQ i spent so much time putting together :-)

https://accurcsimulator.com/faqs/#beta

Ade
PaoloFCantoni and nheather like this.
Ade_Law is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2021, 03:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_Law View Post
i really wish people would look at the FAQ i spent so much time putting together :-)

Ade
Thanks, downloading now. Although to be fair, having now read that, without additional information here I would just assumed that they were Betas for AccuRC 2.0 not for a new version AccuRC 3.0

I will try it out this evening after work.

Cheers,

Nigel
fiddle likes this.

Last edited by nheather; 05-27-2021 at 03:53 AM..
Old 05-27-2021, 08:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

will the upgrade from V2 to V3 be free for a limited time once its available? like it was from V1 to V2 in 2017
Old 05-27-2021, 08:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_Law View Post

Ade
Every one appreciates your FAQ ........ once they know its there
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2021, 09:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where do we discuss V3.0 - is it on discord?

Cheers,

Nigel
Old 05-27-2021, 05:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nheather View Post
Where do we discuss V3.0 - is it on discord?

Cheers,

Nigel
Some of us might take a look on Discord before asking...

(and yes it is)

Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2021, 02:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloFCantoni View Post
Some of us might take a look on Discord before asking...

(and yes it is)

Paolo
Why is the AccuRC team and fanbase so aggressive?

I was asking because I was hoping it wasn’t. I have dabbled with Discord before and I don’t get on with it, don’t like it. It is fine if you sit on it all the time but if you dip in and out I find it very difficult to go back and find comments that you made and responses to them.

I did download the Alpha and I did go on Discord yesterday.

My first impression of the Alpha was one of confusion, I thought the download must have failed forcing me to check that I was actually running the Alpha - the version number confirmed that it was 3.0. So why was I confused - because it looks just like V2.0. Now I don’t know V2.0 inside out so I can’t claim 100% that there are no differences but with my casual observation I couldn’t see any. It may be that the physics have been improved but as a beginner I probably wouldn’t notice that. I did see that there were a few more fixed wing, which is the question that started all this.

I’m not that experienced with helicopters so I find it difficult to judge simulators because I don’t know what right feels like. But I do have reasonable experienced with fixed-wing and was delighted to see the Wot 4 because it is an aircraft that I have actually owned.

So I tried the Wot 4 - it is terrible, other than it looks right, there is so much that it wrong with it. It feels and flies nothing like the real thing. Now this is an alpha so I accept this could be in early development.

So I posted on Discord. My first was about how puzzled I was, what are the objectives of V3.0, is it just to add new aircraft? I acknowledged that I could see extra fixed wing.

The reply was that there were two extra helicopters too, which was then edited to say that actually one hadn’t bern added yet.

But that didn’t answer my question - “is V3.0 just about adding new models”.

I then posted my contrastive feedback about the Wot 4, which I would stand by, all valid, none offensive.

The response was that some fanboy jumped down my throat saying “AccuRC is about helicopters”.

I responded that this is fine, but if the aim is helicopters then say so, stick to helicopters rather than trying to add aircraft. If the aircraft are in there then you must accept feedback about them.

The Ade responded, contradicting what the fanboy had said, saying that AccuRC 3.0 aims to compete with all simulators for fixed wing as well as helicopters.

So does this mean that the primary aim of V3.0 is to add fixed wing support to compete with the likes of RealFlight? Because to me, V3.0 looks and performs identically to V2.0 but with some more fixed wing models (and an extra heli).

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited by nheather; 05-28-2021 at 03:16 AM..
Old 05-28-2021, 03:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry man, but most of us have been using AccuRC for a long time and seen the progress and features they've been adding.
You've dropped in and been quite vocal in terms of fixed-wing and VR, while we know it's being updated all the time.
It's a great sim, just fly it and enjoy the updates as they come.
Rich
Old 05-28-2021, 04:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardv View Post
Sorry man, but most of us have been using AccuRC for a long time and seen the progress and features they've been adding.
You've dropped in and been quite vocal in terms of fixed-wing and VR, while we know it's being updated all the time.
It's a great sim, just fly it and enjoy the updates as they come.
Rich
Quite vocal?

VR
Why I posted is that I had the opportunity to try VR on a decent PC and the graphics of the helicopter were so poor that I couldn't use it. I did say that I thought that the VR immersion was amazing, very like being down at the field, better than 2D. And I was asking whether what I was seeing was normal or whether there was something wrong with my setup, some adjustment that needed doing. When it was confirmed that this was typical of the older headset that I was using (Oculus Rift) I accepted that but added that unfortunately that is a closed door to me as I don't have the money to spend on a next gen VR headset and the graphics card needed to drive it. How is that vocal?

Fixed Wing
Again, I started asking why there were so few fixed wing? To be honest I accepted that AccuRC is primarily targeted at helicopters and I wouldn't even have questioned it apart from the fact that when you click on workbench you are shown a slideshow of rendered aircraft, many of them fixed wing that don't appear in my simulator. So again, my first question was whether there was something wrong with my install because I was seeing rendered images of fixed-wing aircraft that weren't available. Then I was pointed at the V3.0 Alpha that I didn't even know existed.

Yes, I hold my hands up, I'm not an expert at AccuRC, I don't live and breather it, I don't spend all my time with it. I'm a helicopter beginner too, with not much actual stick time so I don't know what 'correct feels like'. I accept that people say that AccuRC has the best physics but I have to take that on trust because to be honest, I can try AccuRC, RealFlight, Phoenix, Reflex, I can agree that they feel slightly different but I have no idea which is correct because I have such little experience what correct feels like in real life.

Most of my experience to date is with fixed wing and I still fly that a fair amount. So although my need for a fixed-wing simulator is a lot less it would be nice to have one now and then. So I looked in AccuRC (which I own) and saw there wasn't that much in the way of fixed-wing. I accepted that it was really for helicopters so started to consider whether to buy RealFlight for my fixed-wing fix. But before splashing my $130 (£90) I thought I would have ask the question of AccuRC - with hindsight I shouldn't have bothered.

As a consumer, my experience on here and on Discord is that AccuRC is only interested in you as long as you know exactly what you are doing and don't ask any 'dumb' questions.

Cheers,

Nigel
Old 05-28-2021, 06:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

As a consumer, my experience on here and on Discord is that AccuRC is only interested in you as long as you know exactly what you are doing and don't ask any 'dumb' questions.

Cheers,

Nigel
I think your asking really good questions.
Few like to hear criticism even when its meant to be constructive. I know professionally it can put me on the defensive at times. Insecurity I spose.

In general people are very helpful but sometimes when asking the "wrong" questions, the silence can be deafening.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2021, 07:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have buy accurc some days ago now if exit v3 i have to buy again?
spider88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nigel,

you are using an alpha version. Alpha means that it is not thoroughly tested before it's released. It may contain serious errors, may crash or even lead to loss of your sim data. It may not contain all the features planned for release.

V3 alpha is for users who either can't wait to try new features and don't care if stuff is broken, or those who want to test, give constructive feedback and aid development through that. V3 is neither feature complete nor finished in setup at the time of writing this post.

Neither are all planes and helis we are planning to add available at this time, nor are half of the planes that are there set up correctly. It's the nature of an alpha. We upgraded the entire sim framework and need to go over literally every single part of the sim again to make sure it works, which takes time. You may not notice that immediately, but it will eventually manifest in a simulator that is more stable, faster and more efficient to use.

If you want to use V3 alpha as it is, you have to put some work in to make it useable for yourself. You can't just load the alpha and expect everything to be perfect right off the bat, especially since we've implemented a completely new physics engine for those planes- which is also being worked on in the background. Alpha means stuff is broken. It's the very definition of it.

If that's not what you're looking for, it may be best for you to stay on V2 release until V3 is finished.

Last edited by Johnny31297; 05-28-2021 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: wording
Old 05-28-2021, 08:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider88 View Post
i have buy accurc some days ago now if exit v3 i have to buy again?
No, just change from alpha in Steam to revert to normal.
vvv850 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in