Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2021, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Using DX6i with Accurc 2

Hi Guys

Before I start, let me first explain that I am a complete newbie to rotary flight and whereas I understand the main flight principles, I have absolutely no idea how to set up my transmitter, a DX6i to operate with a generic dongle and Accurc 2. I'm using Accurc 2 via Steam and Windows 10.

I've tried watching the generic dongle setup, but fail at the first hurdle, because the video uses a DX7 and firstly assigns switches. I see no way of doing that with my DX6i and so it all grinds to a halt at that point.

What I need is a "monkey see, monkey do" set of instructions in order to at least get me started. I'm shortly having some one on one flying lessons with a real RC heli and so will hopefully get instructions on the more detailed aspects of setting up values and curves and the like, but I'm just wanting to get my transmitter working with Accurc now so I can practice what I get taught without racking up repair bills!

Can anyone take pity on a wet behind the ears newbie??
Sloucher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2021, 05:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have AccuRC and one spektrum dx6i
is easy.
in setup wizard you set spektrum and after entry in menů transmitter.
in menů device to the right if you move one stick it moves one axis.
You see which axes moves and set this axes to function that you need.
After you click reverse if slider works bad.
Slider to the left in accurc (in the left column) it means direction left (or minimum) slider to the right in accurc (in the left column) it means direction right (or maximum).
In menů functions you sett all settings in none.
you set rpm 1 2 3 with the keyboard.
If do you want a function on one switch you use channel 5 but you don't need it for now.
In radio first of everything set model helicopter and swhasplate 90°.
spider88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2021, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for that spider88.

The main issue I'm having at the moment is that the aileron control (Mode 2,
right stick) is only showing movement from centre to full right, it does not show any centre to full left movement at all. I know the transmitter is ok as I use it almost every day with my Nano CPX heli.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

you set axis as in this photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	axis.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	920067  
Old 06-03-2021, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

on the 6i instead of assigning switches you just use the flaps and gear functions in the radio to do the switching

Ade
Ade_Law is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2021, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

i use memory helicopter not have flap.
At button idle up i set channel 5.
When button idle up is off rescue mode not is active when button idle up is on i active rescue mode
Old 06-03-2021, 11:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks spider88 and Ade_Law

Guess what I'll be doing this evening!!
Old 06-04-2021, 06:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

if do you want also activate throttle hold you set point 1 of the curve motor at 3%.
After you entry in menů functions
in sections throttle hold you set autodetect
click button throttle hold on radio.
Make it so that the cursors in the yellow circle 2 are neighbors to space which occupies the yellow circle 1 (the cursor green you must find to the left)
so when you push throttle hold the rectangle 3 must become green, when you push again the button throttle hold the green needs shut off.
This is one method.
You can also use the flat curve for the motor on the radio.
I have the model always with curve motor flat for 3d and i turn on my model with throttle hold activated why i have 6 channel and one channel i use for rescue mode.
I would like to understand in accurc there is curve motor as in the picture, this 5 points they come commanded from the curve motor of my radio or from the point where it is located the stick of the radio?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hold.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	920207   Click image for larger version

Name:	point.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	920209  
Old 06-04-2021, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry guys, I really am no wiser, even with your help. I have managed (I don't know how) to set the gear switch as throttle hold, but I have no idea what RPM 1 - 3 even means. What is that? I certainly don't have any three position switches on the DX6i. (I'm using a WS2000 byt the way, if that makes any difference). I can now get a simulated model to fly, but it in no way seems realistic, it seems very game like.

I think I'm going to have to learn how to fly a heli in the real world before I can even think about setting up the simulator, which is backward I know, but I have absolutely no idea what most of the terms you guys treat as everyday words mean!!
Old 06-05-2021, 03:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

at your level I wouldn't worry about rpm 1-3 its different head speeds.

AccuRC is one of the most realistic sims out there.

can i get screenshots of

settings -> general
settings -> graphics

Ade
Old 06-05-2021, 04:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

you set model in 3d if you have beginer model is easy if you set 3d model is very realistic.
Is setting.
You click on keyboard button stamp and past this image in paint and save this image in jpg.
You create image of your setting and write here.
This simulator is very realistic i tried phoenix rc, real flight, rexlex, hely x9 ecc ecc and accu rc is very good
Ade law the 5 point in accurc what they are commanded?
Old 06-05-2021, 07:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're just starting there is a lot to learn, and the learning curve is worse with a real Heli. We've all been there, and you've picked a great sim to start with as all the setup and details you learn with AccuRC directly translate to real radios and models.

The common terms that you want to know are:

Throttle Hold - Basically a safety switch that turns off the motor, vital as both a safety feature and as a way to reduce damage in a crash. If you can get used to hitting throttle hold every time you land or crash it's a good habit that will save you a fortune in the long run.

Normal, Idle Up, IU1, IU2, RPM1, 2 etc... These all refer to the way you manage the throttle or headspeed of the Heli. "Normal" mode these days is mainly used by scale modelers or fixed pitch toy helicopters, and it's where the left stick directly controls the throttle. Modern aerobatic helicopters fly at a high rpm all the time, with the left stick changing to controlling the Collective (pitch of the blades), and Idle Up is the common name for this. It's normal to run several headspeeds and they're often abbreviated to IU1, IU2, etc...

Governor. This is a feature you'll find on most models and it acts to set a fixed headspeed, taking over throttle control for you. Most hobby pilots use the governor feature, and having a throttle hold switch to stop the blades is vital if you use it.

What may confuse you a little is that your current radio is using a lot of airplane terminology, and to use AccuRC you'll need to map the features it supports to the settings you want to use in AccuRC. But there are guides on how to use the DX6i with AccuRC, and the team are really helpful. If you have any questions, just ask :-)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
myxiplx is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2021, 12:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have 2 dx6i in one dx6i i have modified the gimball in effect hall i mounted stick m9 of taranis.
if you have problem post you problem
Old 06-05-2021, 05:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yet again I have to thank all you guys, spider88 for all your info, myxiplx for your well written explanation of some of the terms I need to learn and, in advance, Ade_Law.
Ade, I've attached the screenshots you asked for plus a screenshot of my Tx settings.
To clarify, when I say the simulation is game-like, what I mean is that the heli model I'm using (a Trex 550) takes off seemingly much more stably than I imagine it would do in real life. I can't for the life of me hover it as I'm continually chasing it all over the place - but that's simply down to my lack of ability currently, I'm sure.

EDIT - I forgot to add that sometimes when I reset the model to start again (usually in training mode), the shaking effect you get when the model is reset sometimes doesn't stop and I have to exit the sim and then restart. Is that something that can be easily fixed?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DeviceSettings.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	920307   Click image for larger version

Name:	GeneralSettings.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	920309   Click image for larger version

Name:	GraphicsSettings.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	920311  

Last edited by Sloucher; 06-05-2021 at 06:11 PM..
Old 06-05-2021, 05:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bear in mind you're usually flying a large, 700 class model in the sim, that's perfectly setup with little wind.

Those models are pretty stable, and because of their size, you can see the disc and make corrections easily.

But trust me, learning on a 700 in real life isn't a great plan. When you have a $2k machine in front that can kill you if it something goes wrong, nerves and adrenaline kick in fast!!

If you're finding hovering ok, start working on all the basic skills:

Hovering
Slowly flying left and right hand circles.
Hover, nose left (and right).
Hover, nose in.

(Most people find they can't just hover with the model facing sideways or backwards, and you usually need to start at a 45° angle or less, and slowly build up).

After that, work on all the other orientation and flying skills.

Flying a figure 8.
Hovering around a circle, with the Heli facing forwards the whole time. Then the same with it facing left, right and backwards.
Flying a figure 8 with the Heli moving sideways, practice both left and right.
Flying a figure 8 with the Heli moving backwards.

Once you get the hang of all that, you'll have really solid basic orientation skills, and with a little practice switching between the sim and real life you'll find the skills all translate over really well. 😁

Old 06-06-2021, 02:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloucher View Post
Yet again I have to thank all you guys, spider88 for all your info, myxiplx for your well written explanation of some of the terms I need to learn and, in advance, Ade_Law.
Ade, I've attached the screenshots you asked for plus a screenshot of my Tx settings.
To clarify, when I say the simulation is game-like, what I mean is that the heli model I'm using (a Trex 550) takes off seemingly much more stably than I imagine it would do in real life. I can't for the life of me hover it as I'm continually chasing it all over the place - but that's simply down to my lack of ability currently, I'm sure.

EDIT - I forgot to add that sometimes when I reset the model to start again (usually in training mode), the shaking effect you get when the model is reset sometimes doesn't stop and I have to exit the sim and then restart. Is that something that can be easily fixed?
your graphics settings are very high for the hardware you have, that might be causing issues with dropping the physics and graphics fps.

if you switch the hud on (button top left when flying) you should be seeing a solid 60fps and at least 400 physics fps, try dropping the render quality.

you might also want to check and clean your fans and heat sinks.

you definitely want to be running full screen

Ade
Old 06-06-2021, 05:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloucher View Post

you are using the same channel for throttle and pitch.
You change axis pitch (you must have one other channel that it moves when you move the throttle stick, axis 2 is channel motor)
After
you entry in menů workshop
click on flybarless (as in the picture)

in flybarless mode if you have beginer the model is easy
you changhe this parameter in 3d (as in the picture)

after in system settings menů in simulation you do the same thing (as in the picture)

and you check if simulation sped is 100% (as in the picture)

now you remember to change axis why now you use channel motor for motor and pitch but it's not right
One channel is motor and other channel is pitch.
Also i made this error but after i fixed.
The model fly anyway but is erroneous
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	flybarless.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	920317   Click image for larger version

Name:	3d.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	920319   Click image for larger version

Name:	simulation.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	920321   Click image for larger version

Name:	simulationspeed.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	920323  
Old 06-06-2021, 12:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider88 View Post
you are using the same channel for throttle and pitch.
You change axis pitch (you must have one other channel that it moves when you move the throttle stick, axis 2 is channel motor)
No. Throttle and collective are supposed to be on the same channel, except for very rare cases where people want to use their own throttle curves, which is not encouraged or recommended.
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2021, 01:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Well, thanks again all.

I've followed the advice from Ade_Law and reset my graphics parameters, but its obvious now that my graphics card is just not up to the job. I can't get above around 40fps without dropping the resolution to the stage where everything is blurred to the point of invisibility.

Thanks to spider88 for showing me how to set up the left stick and to myxiplx for confirming something I've suspected all along. Helis are probably not for me! Seriously, I have spent so long on the sim now that I should be showing some sign of improvement by now, but no I just can't keep up with the damn thing. It just drifts around and any input from me just exaggerates the movement - but in the opposite direction!

I think I'd better stick with fixed wing - it'll be safer for everyone and a whole lot cheaper for me! I've a real world, day-long 1 to 1 training session at a UAV centre tomorrow - I'm rather afraid it'll confirm what the sim has shown me - my reactions are slower than a sloth trapped in a glacier.

Thanks again for trying guys Anyone want to buy a WS2000 - one careless owner?
Old 06-06-2021, 04:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't give up too quick, everybody overcorrects on helis to begin with, and it is a bit of a learning curve with all the new terms and things to learn. Once that hover clicks things start to fall in place and you can start enjoying the flying.

At least with helis, the landing is easy, if you can hover, landing is a piece of cake. With planes landing is much more stressful when you first start out. :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in