Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2021, 05:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloucher View Post
I think I'd better stick with fixed wing - it'll be safer for everyone and a whole lot cheaper for me! I've a real world, day-long 1 to 1 training session at a UAV centre tomorrow - I'm rather afraid it'll confirm what the sim has shown me - my reactions are slower than a sloth trapped in a glacier.

Thanks again for trying guys Anyone want to buy a WS2000 - one careless owner?
Don't give up! I spent months learning to hover in all 4 orientations in the sim before I even bought a real model. That was a Blade nano s2. I hovered in my garage (it was winter time) in all four orientations. After about 4 months of this daily practice, I finally bought a Blade 360cfx and took it to the field. I set myself up for success with all of this practice.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2021, 06:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
Don't give up too quick, everybody overcorrects on helis, to begin with, and it is a bit of a learning curve with all the new terms and things to learn. Once that hover clicks things start to fall in place and you can start enjoying the flying.

At least with helis, the landing is easy, if you can hover, landing is a piece of cake. With planes, landing is much more stressful when you first start out. :-)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Wot 'e sed!

Flying helicopters is actually a test of your perseverance, not your skill. Your skill will eventually come (my hand-eye coordination has always sucked!). I'm still a barely competent pilot after 5 years, but I enjoy the hobby. It's never too late to start, I'm nearly 70...

Keep at it!

Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

you have to insist.
Listen me.
You try to change option "simulation speed" you change one parameter right for you.
100% is velocity real you set 50% and after when you feel like it then you increase this parameter at 60% after at 70%.
So you can for sure.
The Helicopters they are vehicles plus harder of the world.
It takes practice and must not let go.
set simulation speed at 50% and try
spider88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2021, 01:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement

I was a bit depressed the other day (I have a raging toothache and its wearing me down), so I may have been a bit pessimistic. I promise to try harder!

I've bought myself a little gift to give me something to work towards in the form of a second hand Blade 150 DFC. When I can finish at least one practice session on Accurc without crashing, I may risk giving the 150 a try.

Thanks again!!
Sloucher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2021, 06:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's the way to start, a small micro Heli can survive a crash sometimes, but is also a lot cheaper to repair.

So you can have fun playing with that, and also learn maintenance and setup skills when the inevitable crash happens. I started out setting myself a fixed monthly budget for Heli repairs, and if I didn't have enough for a repair one month it meant I naturally wound up spending more time on the sim practising.

However you choose to practice though, the combination of a sim and a micro is by far the fastest (and cheapest) way to learn.

myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2021, 03:24 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

At spider88's suggestion, I've dialled down the simulator speed to 50% and that has given me the opening I needed! I've upped the speed to 70% now and am determined to get it to 100% - eventually! So thanks for the suggestion spider88

myxiplx - regarding starting with a small heli, I do have a Blade Nano CPX but it has a burnt out motor, and you just can't get replacement motors in the UK now for love nor money . The shipping costs from the US are so high now that it was cheaper to go out and buy the SH Trex 150!!
Old 06-09-2021, 05:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

You might want to consider a current model so that you can get parts for it. Blade 150x (If I understood what you are getting correctly?) are out of production.

nano s3 ($99): https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../BLH01350.html

mCPX BL2 ($179): https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...e/BLH6050.html

I'm sure these are for sale somewhere across the pond?
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2021, 02:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi fiddle, I've actually already bought the 150, its the TRex 150 DFC, not a Blade. Yes, its not a current model, that's true, but spares are plentiful and available this side of the pond, which is just as well because I'm sure I'm going to need them when I eventually fly it for real!

I bought that particular heli second hand as it was available at a very good price. I'm just waiting for a Spektrum satellite Rx to arrive, so I can use my DX6i with it, as I don't want to upgrade my radio gear until I'm certain I can get better. Firstly though, I need to practice a heck of a lot more with the sim! I'm still struggling not to overcorrect drift !!
fiddle likes this.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, takes a while. Early on it might be worth increasing the visibility of the disc, and just focus on the angle of that. The Heli will always accelerate in the direction the disc is tilted, so hovering is usually lots of small corrections back and forth.

myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in