Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sharkman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2021, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130a HV esc in a 760x

For a couple reasons, Iím thinking about downsizing my 200a Plat Pro esc to a 130a Plat Pro in a Align 760x. The max amps Iíve seen in the past on my 760 has been 120a (I fly acro, not 3D)

Are there any holes in my theory that I could get away with the 130a in my bird?
grant22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2021, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If your flying is not aggressive and headspeed is moderate, I would think you'd be fine.

I have been flying a Minicopter Triabolo 700 on a Jive 120HV and it works great, that's a heavy heli and 480 grams worth of blades. (flying at about 1400 headspeed).

I have a custom 800 running on a Jive 120 as well, 800mm mains at about 1300.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default picking the right esc

my friends and I have this debate all the time. they are younger then I and have no clue
about flybars, paddles and ect..Back in the day a 120 amp esc was top dog, why it was
the biggest esc period. Pilots like Curtis Youngblood, Bert Kammerer, Bobby watts,Tareq Aalsaadi and Alan Szabo.all used 120 amps esc's. They were not blowing up all the time. well, except for a bit time, there, was one company who did have a reputation for cremating themselves but not just 120 esc,but all of them.With the development of technology now batteries rated at 100c or higher and all of the electronics which are mini computers anyway. Every aspect of flying helis today is so much more efficient then ten years ago.Hell for that matter 5 years no 1 year it just jumps so fast.Think about all the new models we have had in 1 year.This is the biggest factor in picking your esc being honest with yourself do you fly hard enough to truly need that 200 amp esc..I believe the 130 esc is an great product. And if someone is flying and pulling all kinds of Amps and they are not down on the deck killing it 3D maniac,and pulls 200amps, two words (COLLECTIVE MANAGEMENT) Do whats right for you..
trillian likes this.
sharkman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2021, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes indeed! When I first started to move from nitro into electric for the larger helis, my first 700 electric was a Rave ENV. And I had one of those ironically named 120 amp ESCs that had a bit of a reputation... But it was fine for me (I think I had the Ice-2 or something which they had improved vs the orig Ice). I had a Scorpion 4035 / 450, flybar, running headspeeds around 1800-1900, and pairs of huge 5000mah packs that weighed 800 grams each. And it all worked very well - bags of power compared to nitro.

Later I started moving over to Kontronik ESCs mainly because they're just so darn easy to setup, and then no fiddling.

When I first got the Triabolo I thought it would be power hungry with the three blades and it's generally a pretty big airframe. So I fitted a Kosmik 160. But inspecting the logs, in reality I was pulling way way less amps than I expected, so the Kosmik was overkill.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in