Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Lynx Heli Innovations

Lynx Heli Innovations Lynx Heli Innovations - Heli Upgrades - Factory Support Forum

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2021, 04:11 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, another update! Here it is months later. I just got the canopy back "unclaimed". All the way to Viet Nam and back. This proves he didn't want it back, just hoping I wouldn't pay to send it. Case closed.
JohnCl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2021, 06:14 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's very disappointing.
xoexoe likes this.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCl View Post
Well, another update! Here it is months later. I just got the canopy back "unclaimed". All the way to Viet Nam and back. This proves he didn't want it back, just hoping I wouldn't pay to send it. Case closed.
Thats very poor indeed.
xoexoe likes this.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:23 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well in the end, I have a $50.00 carbon fiber canopy I can repair, and will only have $25.00 in it I paid for shipping. The whole thing was just so unnecessary. I did fly my Oxy 4 today, and had a great time!
Gyropilot likes this.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just stumbled across this thread... Not surprised as my experience with Lynx customer support has been similar... spotty at best.

In my case I ordered 105mm tail blades from Lynx for my Oxy 5 knowing that because of the blade grip hole spacing on the Oxy 5, only a limited number of tail blades from certain manufacturers will fit (Lynx, RotorTech). When I got the tail blades along with other parts (Canopy, spares) I was surprised to discover that I got 105mm blades which are not identical to the ones pictured on the website and, of course, not identical to the Lynx 105mm blades that came with the Oxy 5 HF kit.

I contacted Lynx tech support about this and also sent an image with a clear description of the problem and after two or three weeks I finally got a response.

Bottom line after two or three back and forth emails is they finally relented and want me to send in the wrong blades, at my expense of course, and maybe they might send me the replacement. It would probably cost more to ship the blades to Vietnam than just sourcing blades that would fit the Oxy 5 locally so I decided not to bother.

In any case, that left a bad taste in the mouth... I was also following the Oxy 2 thread regarding issues with the EOX motor for the Oxy2 and all these issues are now making me hesitate in getting an Oxy 5 Meg for my next build. I already have the motor, ESC, and FBL controller but now I am thinking maybe it might be better to go with a different manufacturer for a 600 sized heli kit.
blarks and JohnCl like this.
Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 500 | Oxy 5 HF 560 | Oxy 5 HF 625 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2

Last edited by cyclo; 05-26-2021 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Edited for clarity and formatting
cyclo is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2021, 01:05 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plenty of businesses out there that will give you great service, so it's surely crazy to give more of your your hard earned $ to a business that treats you so badly?
ifheli and blarks like this.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:54 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie View Post
Plenty of businesses out there that will give you great service, so it's surely crazy to give more of your your hard earned $ to a business that treats you so badly?
The only problem is the alternatives for 600 mm blade sized helis are only the SAB Kraken 580 and Logo 600... I still prefer the Oxy 5 Meg to both... I guess I will have to keep an eye for more feedback from others in the coming weeks and months before making a decision.

My hope right now is for SAB to release a 550-625 RAW which supports a variety of motor (up to 4035 or 4230) and blade options (up to 625mm).
Weule likes this.
Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 500 | Oxy 5 HF 560 | Oxy 5 HF 625 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
cyclo is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2021, 03:07 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Buying the Oxy from a local trusted dealer sounds like it the best option. That way you get the heli you want and the service you expect.

cyclo likes this.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:39 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

At least if the dealer has the same problem with the warranty it will be him telling you you're screwed, not Oxy.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:00 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCl View Post
At least if the dealer has the same problem with the warranty it will be him telling you you're screwed, not Oxy.
Doesn't work that way.
I dont know US law but here in the UK/Europe your consumer rights have to be honoured by the dealer you buy from. He cannot 'pass the buck' to the manufacturer.
So if for example your canopy was damaged like happened in this discussion, the dealer is legally obliged to replace it or refund. Makes no difference to your consumer rights if the dealer can subsequently get a replacement from the manufacturer, that's his problem not yours.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:23 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

If warranty parts are not available, weather or not you get a refund on your parts, your heli is still gathering dust.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in