Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2021, 02:38 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nheather View Post
How do you manage 11 channels on a foamy
It's a thrust vectored Multiplex FunJet, with a Jeti Assist for vertical launches, hovering, and high alpha. The extra channels for tuning the assist in flight soon rack up, although I think I mis-counted by one. :-)

Throttle, Ail 1, Ail 2, Vectored rudder, Vectored elevator, Gyro on/off, Gyro flight mode, Ail gain, Ele gain, Rud gain.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2021, 04:06 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Looking at the comparison list it looks like you have to spend around 100 (GBP, USD, Euro - probably all about the same after currency conversion) in upgrades to the DS-12 to match (where possible) the standard features of the DS-14.

This is just the functions that are possible - clearly you can’t add another 2.4GHz or a metal case.

Stating the obvious really, but I found it useful as I’m considering buy a Jeti, haven’t decided which, so good to see the effective difference in price.

Cheers,

Nigel
nheather is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2021, 07:22 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
Logical Switches. Don't often use this on helicopters, but it is something I use for runing throttle hold *and* throttle cut for autorotation practice. You can achieve similar with function curves, but logical switches are a really powerful feature once you get your head around them.
I haven’t used Logical Switches yet. Are they necessary for the built in functionality of ‘Throttle Cut/Idle’?
Click image for larger version

Name:	81435B18-8D80-4C22-8EFE-47E8C0EBE26F_1623327749006.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	920889
Old 06-10-2021, 08:11 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Logical switches can make sense for throttle cut/etc. For example, if I have Spirit altitude limits activated (rescue before ground), throttle cut switch logically deactivates it so I don't need to remember to use both switches when I'm autoing in. IF the motor quits, one thing to do is plenty.

Tero figured out a logical way to deactivate a student's control when I hit rescue during buddy boxing. It remained deactivated until I reestablished a stable hover and gave the heli back to him. That worked fantastic when my friend was trying to learn hover.
https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2017/07/...cher-function/
(I donated him some coffee for that one)

Dan
Old 06-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Jim,

No, they're not necessary, and I use the built in throttle cut on every model. But I never liked the throttle idle feature, it doesn't set a fixed value, but rather it adjusts the bottom endpoint of the throttle curve, so you can have full motion of the throttle stick, without risking cutting the engine.

When I need that feature for a nitro I just use the throttle trim feature, if you set the trim to only effect the lower endpoint of the throttle curve it works wonderfully for setting and adjusting the idle.

But for myself I always want a separate "Throttle Hold" switch in addition to throttle cut. For one it's a nice safety feature to have a second throttle safety switch, but if you want to practice autorotations and your ESC has a bailout feature, you want a switch that drops your throttle for the auto, without actually cutting it completely.

Similarly, if you have a nitro, it's useful to have a switch that fixes throttle at the idle position. I used that all the time with my 600N as it eliminates any chance of a hot start, or of bumping the throttle as you carry the model out. And you still have the throttle cut switch to kill the engine anytime you need.

The beauty of Jeti is that it's really easy to do all of that, either on one three way switch, or via separate switches. :-)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2021, 08:52 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
I haven’t used Logical Switches yet. Are they necessary for the built in functionality of ‘Throttle Cut/Idle’?
Attachment 920889
I use the built in Throttle cut as a safety switch (on a latching safety switch) and to reset the fast spoolup for setups that need to see a 0 throttle to rest. I then use the Autorotation flight mode to set the auto bailout throttle level. I only fly electric and use flat lines for my throttle curves for all flight modes.

So while I have used logic switch’s for other functions, I don’t use them to get my throttle cut and auto rotations setup, although >3 function curves helpe with this.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2021, 10:35 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

The OP is currently flying Futaba. When I was the same throttle hold and throttle cut features were available in my nitro days as you describe Jeti has. Very straight forward to setup.

In fact now I think about it the functions were in place by default when creating a new model. They just had to be enabled.
nheather likes this.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:37 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
The OP is currently flying Futaba. When I was the same throttle hold and throttle cut features were available in my nitro days as you describe Jeti has. Very straight forward to setup.

In fact now I think about it the functions were in place by default when creating a new model. They just had to be enabled.
Yes my Futaba has throttle cut and throttle hold. I use throttle hold on my helicopter and I always used throttle cut in my nitro days, still have one nitro plane but doesn’t get used much these days.

Cheers,

Nigel
nheather is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in