Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2021, 02:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure about the 9 volts. I use 5v off an ESC to do programming. If a satellite sees 9v it'll be dead.
ralphp likes this.
dwoof is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2021, 03:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've double checked and with receiver, light up fine......

Ive also just tried an orange receiver I know is solid, and have exactly the same issue.......

Thanks for letting me know on the voltage, just in case can change easy enough
ralphp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2021, 07:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK....heres a question

I have noticed while trying to bind, if the 9v bttery becomes low, you can't get any of the process to work?

So the question is, "should I be only using the ESC and main battery to bind and sort?"

I recieved a less than helpfull link to a chinese youtube from the supplier....and after watching and doing as they did, still didn't get any where!

All responces greatly recieved!
Old 06-14-2021, 03:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoof View Post
Not sure about the 9 volts. I use 5v off an ESC to do programming. If a satellite sees 9v it'll be dead.

Dwoof, you may be half right with the power......not satellite but on gyro! I have been advised by the gyro supplier that they "recommend using the ESP and not a switch" although the switch makes life a little easier, but it can fry the gyro.....but not totally kill it" hence the stage I am getting too which is "not recognising the Spektrum"

Apparently the Spektrum kit can handle a little more power but the gyro’s are not as robust! I have a new gyro winging it’s way from China now…..will let you know how things go
Old 06-17-2021, 03:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi
I`m a newbie on this forum and have recently bought a tarot 450

It had a different receiver to my TX so I replaced it with my Spektrum AR6100e receiver and had the same trouble trying to set it up with the TGZ380N FBL unit (red light not blue at finishing receiver setup) I realised that the Spektrum setup is for Satellite receivers only so, I changed the receiver option to `standard` receiver (status light off) and when switched all off re-installed the Lipo, all came up correctly (flashing orange lights, servo movements the purple status light on FBL unit!!!
I hope this helps.
The only issue I now have is that when I take off, the nose is turning to the left significantly??? I know I shouldn`t use trim on TX with an FBL Unit so, how do I correct this please??? Thanks Blade
ralphp likes this.
Blade 400 3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2021, 07:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I now seem to be getting someware, and am able to programe the TGZ......Will update later and if I can sort it totally will advise all.

It dosen't help that it's miss labled! and the instructions are not totally clear (as well as a lot of youtube videos that give differant information) But hay hoe.......been told these are great units once sorted
Old 07-02-2021, 05:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade 400 3d your totally right in saying "if your using std receiver with satellite, you need to select “no light” on the TGZ……as soon as I did this, I was able to start programming with my DX6i.
I was using purple, but this is satellite only…..and being stubborn, could not get past this, as was adamant I was following the instructions (must be an age thing)

I thought also the TGZ380N I had was miss labelled as my third slot down was labelled ALE/CH5, and what I’ve seen on line show this as ELE/DI1…….however they have changed the slots around (all controls are working correctly)
As soon as my new tail servo comes I can carry on with the steps I have jumped on the tail set up, and should be flying!

Thanks to yakky and Blade 400 3d for the help!
Old 07-05-2021, 04:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

RIGHT! Have sat and gone through set up......but have something slightly odd.

In set up the tail "stop length" and direction work well and immedite, BUT as soon as I come out of set up the tail dosen't react to movement change?

Any ideas? am I missing a step?

IGNORE THIS!!!!!!!
I hadn't set my gyro on the DX6i to 68%.......now all working like a dream!

Last edited by ralphp; 07-05-2021 at 10:28 AM..
Old 07-12-2021, 06:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphp View Post
OK.....not sure what Im doing wrong but can't get past this stage.....Have A flashing with Purple solid, which I believe should be Spektrum DX6i/R6210. But as soon as i hit the set button it goes to B, solid red and can't move on. Also the controller, although bound, will not change the status light?????

If Im being an absolute numpty, please let me know
I had a similar problem, until I realized that the recevier settings are confusing. I also had the the unit attached to a Spectrum AR6210, so I set it to purple for Spektru,m, then nothing worked right, until I relaized my mistake.

The status LED purple, red flashing, red and blue are for satellite receivers only. If you are using a standard receiver (the kind that has servo outputs), you need to set the TGZ380 to standard receiver (Status LED OFF), regardless of the brand.
Dudemeister is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2021, 06:24 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade 400 3d View Post
The only issue I now have is that when I take off, the nose is turning to the left significantly??? I know I shouldn`t use trim on TX with an FBL Unit so, how do I correct this please??? Thanks Blade

Did you sort this? I noticed from a few videos you can "programe" the TGZ for take off's...but slightly more advanced than I am currently

Hope you sorted......and if you have let me know what you did!

Looking ar the video's on the "flashing light" A to H menu, section F should help (mine WAS normal purple) and had the same issue I have now increased this to "RED FLASHING" which is listed as "slight increase" if it works will advise and if I increase further will also let you know.

I'm doing this as I have converted to five blade head and the torque may be to high?

Last edited by ralphp; 07-19-2021 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: addition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in